Njoku...

This is the downside of having a great talent evaluator as a HC. Other schools sit back and wait to see who we offer after Golden and co. do all the leg work and then they pounce.

Really? Name one guy on the team that has performed better than their offer sheet dictates. Not trying to hate on Golden this time, just don't see him as a great talent evaluator based on results yet.

I think what Heals85 means by saying that Golden is a great talent evaluator, is that our staff seems to ALWAYS find these types first, and then all the other schools, pull the trigger with offers to these kids. It doesn't necessarily mean that we end up with the kids signature, in the end. But being that our staff was the first to the party, means that Golden AND his staff are good talent evaluators. Weren't we the first BIG offer that kid Kermit (FSU)? Kayaa? The list goes on... Of Course missing on offering Skai earlier, STILL hurts! Golden's biggest recruiting mistake to date, IMO.

Advertisement
This is the downside of having a great talent evaluator as a HC. Other schools sit back and wait to see who we offer after Golden and co. do all the leg work and then they pounce.

Really? Name one guy on the team that has performed better than their offer sheet dictates. Not trying to hate on Golden this time, just don't see him as a great talent evaluator based on results yet.

Eddie Johnson. Rashawn Scott. Herb Waters.

Off the team, Caught 3 passes and had offers from Florida ST and Ohio St before he got an offer from Miami. Bad examples. And if we can only come up with three questionable examples, it kind of makes my point. Can't consider Golden a great talent evaluator and definetly not a great developer. But by Gosh I want him to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Off the team, Caught 3 passes and had offers from Florida ST and Ohio St before he got an offer from Miami. Bad examples. And if we can only come up with three questionable examples, it kind of makes my point. Can't consider Golden a great talent evaluator and definetly not a great developer. But by Gosh I want him to prove me wrong.

Those guys are all inarguably TALENTED, and moreso than their offer sheet. Off the field stuff wasn't the question. Did EJ play above his offer sheet while at Miami?

And Waters' "offers" from FSU and OSU at the time were "non-commitable" according to the message board world. In fact I remember them being laughed off when he committed and people were ****ting on us taking him at receiver when there were "bigger fish to fry".

The question was "name 1", but yes your point is taken, you would hope that we could name more than 3. We need to see more results before we can claim Golden is a great talent evaluator and developer. However, board opinion has swung WAY too negative now after it was WAY too positive before.

I think what Heals85 means by saying that Golden is a great talent evaluator, is that our staff seems to ALWAYS find these types first, and then all the other schools, pull the trigger with offers to these kids. It doesn't necessarily mean that we end up with the kids signature, in the end. But being that our staff was the first to the party, means that Golden AND his staff are good talent evaluators. Weren't we the first BIG offer that kid Kermit (FSU)? Kayaa? The list goes on... Of Course missing on offering Skai earlier, STILL hurts! Golden's biggest recruiting mistake to date, IMO.

Yeah but in my opinion for every 2-3 we get a good read on, we let 8-10 slip the cracks that are in our back yard, without so much as an offer. Too early to tell on the sean white's and/or Skai Moore's but I'm sure we can come up with a list that will surpass the many misses like Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, Danny Dillard, Jacoby Briscoe.

We shall see, it's still early and this year Golden's recruits will be in their 3rd year with the program. If we start seeing players that exceeded incoming expectations, I will stand corrected. I'm in the minority that falls under this being year 1 of seeing what this staff can really do, but I'm not going as far as saying that Golden is a great talent evaluator yet.

Those guys are all inarguably TALENTED, and moreso than their offer sheet. Off the field stuff wasn't the question. Did EJ play above his offer sheet while at Miami?

And Waters' "offers" from FSU and OSU at the time were "non-commitable" according to the message board world. In fact I remember them being laughed off when he committed and people were ****ting on us taking him at receiver when there were "bigger fish to fry".

The question was "name 1", but yes your point is taken, you would hope that we could name more than 3. We need to see more results before we can claim Golden is a great talent evaluator and developer. However, board opinion has swung WAY too negative now after it was WAY too positive before.

1. Taking a talented guy with off the field issues that other schools won't take does not make you a good evaluator of talent, it makes you a risk taker.

2. Further on that point, the best ability is availability. Golden whiffed on Johnson AND Scott in that department.

3. Waters has done zero here to demonstrate that he has outperformed his Louisville offer. He's been good but has also disappeared for long stretches.

4. Where was this eye for talent with Skai Moore? James Burgess? Danny Dillard? Darius Tice? etc.

Advertisement

To his point though, Eddie wasn't offered by a lot of schools because of his off the field issues. Not so much of a "find" but more of giving a kid a chance because we are desperate for his type of talent. Also, one thing that goes against Golden is the fact that none of the kids who "earned" offers at his camp have done a **** thing here while kids like Bosa and Skai Moore weren't good enough.

Last edited:
David Njoku ‏@David_Njoku80 4m
Top 4** no order.
Miami
Penn State
Temple
Ohio State

Like I said, this class isnt done yet. Going to be some more things happening in the next few weeks. This is a kid whose name could very well end up in this class.

I think we will probably take one of either NJouku or Leinus from CA.

Advertisement
How hard are you guys going after Njoku?

Why do you want to know????

256.jpg

David Njoku ‏@David_Njoku80 4m
Top 4** no order.
Miami
Penn State
Temple
Ohio State

Like I said, this class isnt done yet. Going to be some more things happening in the next few weeks. This is a kid whose name could very well end up in this class.

I think we will probably take one of either NJouku or Leinus from CA.

Way to go out on a limb.

Advertisement
Temple…? Makes me think his offers from the other 3 are pending or conditional...

I think our offer is conditional. I dont think he's got a committable from us yet. I highly suspect, and have for a while, that it would be between Njouku and Leinus from CA, but that both are conditional on Griffin definitely not qualifying. The fact that neither may have a solid commitable offer yet, makes me wonder if there is still a shred of hope for Griffin.

Advertisement
How hard are you guys going after Njoku?

Why do you want to know????

..?

Just messing with you dude. Seems our staff likes him, but he's more of a Plan B guy. Lots of potential, but not sure fire. Looks likely like we may be waiting on a few other kids before making a final decision on taking Njouku or not. Supposedly OSU is after him too. Good prospect.

Temple…? Makes me think his offers from the other 3 are pending or conditional...

I think our offer is conditional. I dont think he's got a committable from us yet. I highly suspect, and have for a while, that it would be between Njouku and Leinus from CA, but that both are conditional on Griffin definitely not qualifying. The fact that neither may have a solid commitable offer yet, makes me wonder if there is still a shred of hope for Griffin.

There is no such thing as a conditional offer. If you cannot commit, you dont have an offer. Saying we'll take you if ___ doesn't commit doesn't make it an offer.

There is no such thing as a conditional offer. If you cannot commit, you dont have an offer. Saying we'll take you if ___ doesn't commit doesn't make it an offer.

yeah….ok

Thx for the class on committing...

Advertisement
Back