Njoku...

I guess what I meant by "move on him" is offer. I thought the consensus was he doesnt have a committable offer right now, might be a plan B guy.

Also thought the consensus was were looking at him as a TE. I agree Im not blown away by him as a WR, but I think he looks like a very nice TE.

Advertisement
Don't see anything on 247 about either offer.

All I saw was this
WR David Njoku: Worth mentioning because he received an in-home from the Buckeyes last week, but not much to see here in my opinion. Think OSU was just keeping tabs on all possible targets and if they land Dixon, they probably won’t take another wide receiver.

Would OSU be doing an in home at this point w/a kid that doesn't have an offer? Serious question

Not likely.

Don't see anything on 247 about either offer.

All I saw was this
WR David Njoku: Worth mentioning because he received an in-home from the Buckeyes last week, but not much to see here in my opinion. Think OSU was just keeping tabs on all possible targets and if they land Dixon, they probably won’t take another wide receiver.

Would OSU be doing an in home at this point w/a kid that doesn't have an offer? Serious question

Not likely.

Thats what i was thinkin

We are looking to bring him in as a future TE, a freak ATH that has the frame to put on weight and be a beast receiving TE.

I believe Kellen Winslow was a big WR in HS who everyone knew was gonna be a beast of a TE in college.

Same type of ATH IMO, just not as elite.

If he comes in, I see him as a pure athlete - someone who could start at TE but very easily end up at LB or even DE.

Personally, I am intrigued by what he might do on the defensive side of the ball, particularly at Free Safety.

Advertisement
If he comes in, I see him as a pure athlete - someone who could start at TE but very easily end up at LB or even DE.

Personally, I am intrigued by what he might do on the defensive side of the ball, particularly at Free Safety.

Is this a joke?

Kid will never be looked at to play Safety here, and I highly doubt that he gets a look at DE or LB either.

He is a receiving TE all the way with maybe a chance of lining up out wide sometimes to take advantage of mismatches.

From what I've read O$U doesn't have a single WR over 6 feet, I wouldn't be shocked if their interest was legitimate.

You're high, he's a wr/te tweener whos skilled and can be used in either position as a mismatch. Not an elite player at either position but very much worthy on offense

Advertisement

You're high, he's a wr/te tweener whos skilled and can be used in either position as a mismatch. Not an elite player at either position but very much worthy on offense

Not high. Just thinking out loud. I can see him being moved around was my main point. The safety idea was just curiousity. In all likelihood, he stays on the offensive side. I just think he is more of a pure athlete than say Langham who seems, to me, a pure wideout.

Agree that Njoku seems like a tweener though. Not in a pejorative sense.

Not high. Just thinking out loud. I can see him being moved around was my main point. The safety idea was just curiousity. In all likelihood, he stays on the offensive side. I just think he is more of a pure athlete than say Langham who seems, to me, a pure wideout.

Agree that Njoku seems like a tweener though. Not in a pejorative sense.

Ok I see what you mean now, the safety thing is just a bad idea like when some people sad Jermaine Grace should play safety because of his size because if you watch the guys play it really makes no sense. Langham is tall but slim so keep him at wr and let him build up because I think he's really smooth and natural in his movements kinda like Streeter was for us but **** sure not a te

I agree. If this kid can get into UTough and add maybe another, oh say, 90-100lbs of "good weight" he could potentially turn into a real difference maker for us at DT somewhere down the line.

Just imagine, with this kids height, hands and leaping ability he could give us our 1st ballhawking interior lineman in I don't know how long....

449.jpg

Advertisement
This is the downside of having a great talent evaluator as a HC. Other schools sit back and wait to see who we offer after Golden and co. do all the leg work and then they pounce.

Really? Name one guy on the team that has performed better than their offer sheet dictates. Not trying to hate on Golden this time, just don't see him as a great talent evaluator based on results yet.

This is the downside of having a great talent evaluator as a HC. Other schools sit back and wait to see who we offer after Golden and co. do all the leg work and then they pounce.

Really? Name one guy on the team that has performed better than their offer sheet dictates. Not trying to hate on Golden this time, just don't see him as a great talent evaluator based on results yet.

Eddie Johnson. Rashawn Scott. Herb Waters.

Advertisement

Everybody in ga knew Eddie could ball, nobody wanted to deal with him. Scott has been suspended Multiple times. Herb had decent offers.

Seven foot high jump? That should be real nice in red zone.

Last edited:

Everybody in ga knew Eddie could ball, nobody wanted to deal with him. Scott has been suspended Multiple times. Herb had decent offers.

The question was who has out performed their offer sheet.

Eddie was offered by essentially nobody and then balled for us.

When on the field, Rashawn has been a Top 3 receiver for us, much better than an offer from USF would indicate.

Herb was a Miami - Lousiville battle, and everyone here wanted him to go to Louisville because he was "too slow". He has been a top playmaker in each of his first two seasons, which is more than pretty much everyone expected.

You can't ask a question and then change the premise when you get an answer you don't like.

Advertisement
Back