Nike deal

Advertisement
Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of this combo; and I’m editing my response b/c I see this is the 2010 joints which I hated!

I’ll rank my most hated uniforms in order:

T-1. 2015 Adidas w/ the stencil
T-1 2015 Adidas w/ the change in template
3. 2010 Nike Pro Combat alternate (vs. VA Tech)
4. 2017 Parley Adidas Aqua
5. 2022 Adidas Miami Nights (didn’t wear)
6. 2005 Nike Pro Combat alternate (vs. GT)
7. 2016 - 19 Adidas strawberry patches

Imo, those r the worst jerseys I’ve seen us wear or advertised.
the first pro combat was better than the stupid bra strap crap we had during the Shannon and golden years (pre Adidas)

hard pass. this was the beginning of the end of the good jerseys
Nah I think they looked good in any color way and with the pants, it was a good combo.

The ones right after (Jacory/Marve years) were bad

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 17
Advertisement
the first pro combat was better than the stupid bra strap crap we had during the Shannon and golden years (pre Adidas)

Nah, not imho. I hated the alternate pro combat, & the strap jersey was actually very aesthetically put together. But, to each their own.

Nah I think they looked good in any color way and with the pants, it was a good combo.

The ones right after (Jacory/Marve years) were bad

I’m w/ u homie; and the fan version was solid, too. I f’s heavy w/ these. That mixed matched Pro Combat, though?? Hated that chit; hated VT’s version, too. But the ones u have pictured? Nah, imo they were solid.

Advertisement
The Nike fetish around here reads like a bunch of grown men whose mom wouldn’t let them buy Jordan’s as a kid. Nike makes the same mistakes Adidas makes, in some cases to far worse result.
The biggest thing I’ll give Nike credit for is they at least have all the details on-point, whether the design is good or bad. I try not to care too much about uniforms, but Adidas has had us in some seriously sloppily put-together **** over the years. I like the simple-retro design now, but can’t even get the simple stuff like name plates, fonts, numbers, or even the U on the collar right. I can’t help but sometimes notice how silly/sloppy the jerseys look compared to most other teams’ lol

I don't believe a word of it. Lol at the HUGE sums of $$$$ that "Supposedly" go to Tags, to "Supposedly" manage the Wildlife in the area???....These azzwipes, and the poachers should all die extra violent deaths as far as I'm concerned.
My boy is the fish and wildlife guy for the CBP.. they do pay large sums of cash for the tags. It’s ridiculous actually! I have people ask me all the time if I want to go to Mexico and hunt some monsters and they’ll pay for it for me and I say no. I would much rather spend money like that on a down payment for some real estate 🤣

Advertisement
Go to Adidas and search Miami Hurricanes. And you’ll get 38 items.

Open the Nike app, and search USC. It nearly has triple the items that Adidas has for UM.

It’s more than just the jersey design. The complete rollout of better fan gear is a factor too.

Here is what is ****ed up.

You do the search on adidas, and it says 38 items.

Then you click on it, and it's 28 items.

Then you look and TWENTY of the 28 items are related to the basketball post-season. 18 t-shirts and 2 hats.

That leaves EIGHT items that are non-post-season UM merchandise...

NOW GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE NIKE SEARCH FOR USC AGAIN. None of the USC merch is post-season. None of it.

And I don't want to hear "but it's the off-season" any longer. The rise of Fanatics.com and other websites means you can sell university merch all year long. And you know who buys college merch in May? People who are buying high school graduation presents!

The biggest thing I’ll give Nike credit for is they at least have all the details on-point, whether the design is good or bad. I try not to care too much about uniforms, but Adidas has had us in some seriously sloppily put-together **** over the years. I like the simple-retro design now, but can’t even get the simple stuff like name plates, fonts, numbers, or even the U on the collar right. I can’t help but sometimes notice how silly/sloppy the jerseys look compared to most other teams’ lol
Nameplates are sewn on by the EQ staff, so some sloppiness isn’t all on Adidas

Could’ve sworn it was stated that the staff chose the combos that season, either way, coaches or players it was a horrid choice to put together.
i remember the players decided on the combos. either way, to me jersey talk is stupid. we dont matter. the players do. if players and recruits like them, thats all that matters imo.

the fan gear is more of my concern and that directly impacts us as consumers.

i thought nike didnt do a good job jersey for a while and i thought adidas didnt do a good job either aside from richt throwing out the trash can ones 4 weeks into his first year.

either way, jerseys are more of a personal choice on whether you like or dislike them. its all an opinion and no one is right or wrong. we all have diff likes and dsilikes

Advertisement

Then you look and TWENTY of the 28 items are related to the basketball post-season. 18 t-shirts and 2 hats.

NOW GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE NIKE SEARCH FOR USC AGAIN. None of the USC merch is post-season. None of it.

And I don't want to hear "but it's the off-season" any longer. The rise of Fanatics.com and other websites means you can sell university merch all year long. And you know who buys college merch in May? People who are buying high school graduation presents!
***** USC. look at in state school UF. they have 74 items.

i will say Nike is a lot better now in offerings than back then bc their apparel has gotten better (design and quality) which generally happens over time (also, i imagine the high end athletic wear companies (Vouri, Lululemon, Alo, Athleta, etc.) coming in and charging only about 14-20 bucks more on average for apparel forced nike to up their game while adidas apparel stayed the same - meh.).

the one thing i think both adidas and nike got wrong were NBA jerseys - reebok had the best quality and durability for their swingman stuff while adidas was slightly worse and i think nikes current sucks (a lot more screen printed stuff even on swingman which were supposed to be one notch below authentic but above replicas (which were screen printed). the nice thing is if you hit up an outlet, youll get some good steals on heavily discounted swingman jerseys (i got a bam jersey for 1/3 of the price even if i never wear them anymore, i saw laker Lebron and Davis jerseys for dirt cheap as well).

It’s ridiculous.

I just did a Michigan search on Nike and NONE of it is postseason and they made the CFP! Lol

Nameplates are sewn on by the EQ staff, so some sloppiness isn’t all on Adidas
correct. a lot of people dont know this, but the stuff you see on players (name plates, etc.) are all done in house by the team. NBA teams do all their name plates and numbers too (they just receive a blank template and the rest is put on by the team equipment staff -- source: the outlets actually sometimes have the blank templates for sale and i have a few Fins jerseys that are blank templates with an included pouch that has a name plate fabric and for numbers to be put on).

Advertisement
Back