Nike deal

I know a guy who worked on the equipment staff under Golden. The uniform color choices were chosen by the players. He told me they were wearing the orange/orange combo against UF in 2013 and I almost cried
I was there...F-ing Hot with ungodly humidity...and then watching what looked like "Tang" bottles playing football...

Advertisement
I love my Ultraboosts and would classify them as athletic shoes.
It's personal preference for me. I'm just not a fan of the Adidas athletic shoes I've tried. Not saying they're poor quality, I just don't care much for them. Honestly, the athletic shoes that work best for me when I'm on my feet all day are Asics or New Balance. But since I'm now working inside an office, I don't really need them any more. I picked up a pair of Nike Air Max Predays to just wear around town and they're pretty comfortable. I'm not really a fanboy of any particular brand. I just buy the styles I like.

Advertisement
It wasn’t Golden; it was all Blake. Personally, I hated the 2015-17 versions except the first Miami Nights. Between The Flamingos, The Strawberry Patches, & The Aqua Mazes…them chits was trash. They got better after that, but the aesthetics have been off (e.g crooked name plates, loose neck/shoulder pad lines, numbers at different heights, etc.)
Bottom line. It has not looked professional. Under Richt it was the closest we got to those uniforms looking blue bloodish/professional.

Thinking out loud since we made the switch to Adidas in 2015, from 2015-present, Adidas has provided the following Shoes:

-Ultra 4D Boost
-Ultra Boost
-Ultra Boost 21 Miami
-Ultra Boost 1.0 (Miami Orange)
-Ultra Boost 1.0 (Miami Cloud)
-Top 10 Hi
-ZX5000
-Supernova

Meanwhile Nike since 2015:
-Nike Air Barrage Miami Hurricanes
-Nike Huaraches Miami Hurricanes
-Nike Dunk Low Miami
-Nike Dunk SBs Miami
-Nike Air Max 97 Hurricanes
-Solefly Jordans
-Jordan High Zoom CMFT

I may have to do an audit on this post when I get home, because I have a ****-ton of orange/green shoes.

For adidas, let's not forget this one, it was released to retail:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

But then on the Nike side, we cannot forget...the Super Bowl shoe...
GetAttachmentThumbnail

And the Metcon:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Partial credit on the AF1 High?
GetAttachmentThumbnail

And the ZoomX I found:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Adidas has always been a major soccer brand and they’ve “survived” because they make quality gear, not just pure luck. David Beckham signed a lifetime contract with Adidas.

FWIW, Adidas actually did sign Kobe from 1996-2002 (when he was drafted); however, he later paid them 8 million to get out of the deal. Nike will always be the go-to shoe brand for the NBA.

I will never own a pair of Nike soccer cleats because they’re too **** narrow.

Nike just has way more $$$$ and spent it wisely. In 1996, they paid Brazil a ton of money ($200m reportedly) for a 10-year contract which was the most lucrative deal at the time between a national team and a brand. Takes $ to make $!

Brazil has renewed ever since and the contract comes to an end in 2026. IMO, it was a very smart move and great investment for Nike to pay one of the best and most recognizable soccer teams in the world. If you’re going to get into the soccer market, pay the best to wear your stuff.

Nike is definitely the biggest brand in the world and in North America (NFL and NBA) where Adidas are the biggest in Europe (soccer).
Adidas has always been a major soccer brand and they’ve “survived” because they make quality gear, not just pure luck. David Beckham signed a lifetime contract with Adidas.

FWIW, Adidas actually did sign Kobe from 1996-2002 (when he was drafted); however, he later paid them 8 million to get out of the deal. Nike will always be the go-to shoe brand for the NBA.

I will never own a pair of Nike soccer cleats because they’re too **** narrow.

Nike just has way more $$$$ and spent it wisely. In 1996, they paid Brazil a ton of money ($200m reportedly) for a 10-year contract which was the most lucrative deal at the time between a national team and a brand. Takes $ to make $!

Brazil has renewed ever since and the contract comes to an end in 2026. IMO, it was a very smart move and great investment for Nike to pay one of the best and most recognizable soccer teams in the world. If you’re going to get into the soccer market, pay the best to wear your stuff.

Nike is definitely the biggest brand in the world and in North America (NFL and NBA) where Adidas are the biggest in Europe (soccer).
I’m not questioning adidas’ quality of soccer cleats or quality of gear. I’m questioning they’re approach and commitment to endorsing athletes compared to Nike.

Maybe you can break down the revenue share of soccer cleats by region.

But Nike was never a major player in soccer before the 94 World Cup. They did have Aston Villa signed in the 80’s I believe and also made shoes for Ian Rush. Did they make soccer cleats? Yes. But they did not sell anywhere near what diadora, lotto, or puma did and adidas dominated the market.

Nike used the 94 World Cup as a launch point and hasn’t looked back since.

Nike learned a lot by signing MJ and used that model to continue to take over market share in every sport they touched.

And that’s my only argument. They’re just not as aggressive as adidas and lose battles for players all the time.

Nobody talks about how Nike actually lost Messi cause they ****ed off his dad allegedly.
But Barcelona has been a Nike team forever and Messi actually wore Nike until adidas pulled him away. He actually pulled a Rashada and left Nike hanging by not showing up to a photo shoot.
Could you imagine a world where Messi Neymar, Ronaldo, and all the other best players only wear Nike, and that’s what I mean by survive

So no they wouldn’t have gone bankrupt, but they were losing market share to Nike in all sports especially soccer.

In just athletic wear in general Nike sells more worldwide than both puma and adidas combined. And despite that they’re still hyper aggressive with marketing and signing players.

Kanye alone gave them an extra 2 billion in sales.
Adidas didn’t even know why their sales jumped dramatically in the early 80’s until they figured out that run dmc boosted their sales. They signed them for 1 million $.

And that’s my issue.
Adidas a worldwide quality brand just let Nike come into soccer and Europe and yanked them out their spot.

Kobe paid them to get out of his contract?!
You said that basketball players will always be attracted to Nike. But that was never the case.
Jordan literally said he would never wear Nike and basketball was not Nike’s playground. Basketball was dominated by converse who had both Bird and Magic signed.

Adidas has lost market share to Nike because of aggressive marketing and money they made by knowing that people will wear what their favorite team and player wears.

So my question again is how dedicated and focused are they to retain clients and make inroads into sports; especially college football were every **** year the playoffs are represented by at least 3 nike schools and most years it’s all four.

Advertisement
Great ?, & of course this is just my opinion:

I think Miami should pull an OSU or Bama & keep it traditional w/ a minor caveat.

As I’ve stated b4 to those who claimed Nike treated us bad, the only team that had more uniform combos or uniforms re-designs than us was UO. However, we’re not UO, & I don’t particularly care for many uniform combos. UO did it out of necessity, & kudos to them for it working in their favor.

With us, keep the OG’s (orange over white, white over orange, the original storm troopers, green over white, white over green). Here’s my caveat: I wouldn’t mind a black jersey for a special night game, nor would I mind a classic throw back from the archives to commemorate an important event in our history on occasions, and this may sound taboo, but I wouldn’t mind a Miami Vice jersey on a breast cancer awareness week.

Other than that, keeping us traditional for the most part would be my preference.
This!!!

I’m w/ u homie; and the fan version was solid, too. I f’s heavy w/ these. That mixed matched Pro Combat, though?? Hated that chit; hated VT’s version, too. But the ones u have pictured? Nah, imo they were solid.
The only thing I hated during that time frame, was dem “tramp stamp pants.

Last edited:
I’m not questioning adidas’ quality of soccer cleats or quality of gear. I’m questioning they’re approach and commitment to endorsing athletes compared to Nike.

Maybe you can break down the revenue share of soccer cleats by region.

But Nike was never a major player in soccer before the 94 World Cup. They did have Aston Villa signed in the 80’s I believe and also made shoes for Ian Rush. Did they make soccer cleats? Yes. But they did not sell anywhere near what diadora, lotto, or puma did and adidas dominated the market.

Nike used the 94 World Cup as a launch point and hasn’t looked back since.

Nike learned a lot by signing MJ and used that model to continue to take over market share in every sport they touched.

And that’s my only argument. They’re just not as aggressive as adidas and lose battles for players all the time.

Nobody talks about how Nike actually lost Messi cause they ****ed off his dad allegedly.
But Barcelona has been a Nike team forever and Messi actually wore Nike until adidas pulled him away. He actually pulled a Rashada and left Nike hanging by not showing up to a photo shoot.
Could you imagine a world where Messi Neymar, Ronaldo, and all the other best players only wear Nike, and that’s what I mean by survive

So no they wouldn’t have gone bankrupt, but they were losing market share to Nike in all sports especially soccer.

In just athletic wear in general Nike sells more worldwide than both puma and adidas combined. And despite that they’re still hyper aggressive with marketing and signing players.

Kanye alone gave them an extra 2 billion in sales.
Adidas didn’t even know why their sales jumped dramatically in the early 80’s until they figured out that run dmc boosted their sales. They signed them for 1 million $.

And that’s my issue.
Adidas a worldwide quality brand just let Nike come into soccer and Europe and yanked them out their spot.

Kobe paid them to get out of his contract?!
You said that basketball players will always be attracted to Nike. But that was never the case.
Jordan literally said he would never wear Nike and basketball was not Nike’s playground. Basketball was dominated by converse who had both Bird and Magic signed.

Adidas has lost market share to Nike because of aggressive marketing and money they made by knowing that people will wear what their favorite team and player wears.

So my question again is how dedicated and focused are they to retain clients and make inroads into sports; especially college football were every **** year the playoffs are represented by at least 3 nike schools and most years it’s all four.
converse is owned by nike now

It's personal preference for me. I'm just not a fan of the Adidas athletic shoes I've tried. Not saying they're poor quality, I just don't care much for them. Honestly, the athletic shoes that work best for me when I'm on my feet all day are Asics or New Balance. But since I'm now working inside an office, I don't really need them any more. I picked up a pair of Nike Air Max Predays to just wear around town and they're pretty comfortable. I'm not really a fanboy of any particular brand. I just buy the styles I like.
👍🏽

I do think ultra boosts are worth the try though. They’re like just a great shoe you just slip on and can walk around for hours in imo.

Advertisement
I prefer Nike as far as look and quality. But if something looks good for my eyes I would get it regardless of brand. Back in my day new balance was popping in the hood.

Advertisement
I prefer Nike as far as look and quality. But if something looks good for my eyes I would get it regardless of brand. Back in my day new balance was popping in the hood.
Yeah man. I just buy what I like. I have three pairs of Adidas skate shoes. A pile of chucks, A couple pairs of Nikes, Some old ASICS that I used for work that I just use for cutting the lawn now and I wear Vans to work daily. I also have two pairs of Adidas Campus because early 90’s Beastie Boys were peak fashion for me.

Yeah man. I just buy what I like. I have three pairs of Adidas skate shoes. A pile of chucks, A couple pairs of Nikes, Some old ASICS that I used for work that I just use for cutting the lawn now and I wear Vans to work daily. I also have two pairs of Adidas Campus because early 90’s Beastie Boys were peak fashion for me.
Out of every sneaker I have gotten I feel like the best quality and feel has been Nike over the years. Like they dont feel cheap, it feels like 90 men died making the shoe and that to me is priceless.

I remember when nobody except tennis players knew about fila.
When pumas and adidas were going for 50$ fila high tops we’re 120$!!
Nobody in the hood knew about them until the money started coming in and the hustlers started wearing them.
If you had money in the hood you were rockin fila and Bally’s.
1684536228528.jpeg

I remember when nobody except tennis players knew about fila.
When pumas and adidas were going for 50$ fila high tops we’re 120$!!
Nobody in the hood knew about them until the money started coming in and the hustlers started wearing them.
If you had money in the hood you were rockin fila and Bally’s.
View attachment 239009
facts I rocked filas in like 3rd grade lol

Advertisement
Back