Nike deal

You called it man.

Have you got some Miami-related news about this topic?

It’s in our court, bro. From what I understand, it’s not a matter of if, but when. Financially it has to make sense to early exit from the contract we have w/ Adidas, but Nike is making it known they want us back home. Like I’ve said, these blatant color ways are not by accident, nor Mario rejecting Adidas latest “Miami Nights” jersey or Miami photo shopping out their logo on invites.

We as a school have some bigger priorities on revamping the brand, catching up from yrs of neglect, but it’s discussed. Can’t remember what thread it was in, but I said Nike was absolutely ****ed at Adidas from not only ripping off designs, but coming in to its territory and stealing UDub from them. They were going to go scorch earth.

Advertisement
It’s in our court, bro. From what I understand, it’s not a matter of if, but when. Financially it has to make sense to early exit from the contract we have w/ Adidas, but Nike is making it known they want us back home. Like I’ve said, these blatant color ways are not by accident, nor Mario rejecting Adidas latest “Miami Nights” jersey or Miami photo shopping out their logo on invites.

We as a school have some bigger priorities on revamping the brand, catching up from yrs of neglect, but it’s discussed. Can’t remember what thread it was in, but I said Nike was absolutely ****ed at Adidas from not only ripping off designs, but coming in to its territory and stealing UDub from them. They were going to go scorch earth.

Nike needs to drop the bag and get on with this ****

UA made some horrible decisions. I spoke to my boy who’s hella close to Steph Curry & told him I hope Steph knows what he’s doing signing that life time contract w/ them b/c UA needs him more than he needs them. I’m talking egregiously bad decision after bad decision, including cooking the books.

I think UA is slowly trying to get out of the team apparel biz, & focus on individuals and clothing. The problem is, their product is no longer unique.

The best move for Under Armour is to be acquired.

Would be fun to have Dwayne's product line become a part of Nike.

I refuse to believe it's happening until @calinative umstudent and @Canedude08 bend the knee to Nike...

:ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Melvin Levitt wearing the jump man Cincy jersey was fire

@Rellyrell I finally got a pair of Dunk low pandas thru the Nike website

Yeah, they re-released. Honestly, Nike.com been having heat on there. SNKRS r for the super, super exclusives, but u can find Fuego on Nike.com

The best move for Under Armour is to be acquired.

Would be fun to have Dwayne's product line become a part of Nike.

I remember about 10 yrs ago, Nike was trying to acquire UA, but they refused. I thought the same thing.

I’m hearing Auburn is most likely leaving UA, too. Auburn’s compensation was based upon stock shares; Auburn lost millions of dollars in revenue b/c of it.

To put it in perspective:
-Nike is trading at $117/share in the U.S
-Adidas is trading at $89/share in the U.S
-Skechers is trading at $54/share in the U.S
-Puma is trading at $49/share in the U.S
-Under Armour has been fluctuating between $7-8/share

Under Armour was once upon a time the #2 apparel company in the U.S, w/ stocks soaring. That’s y Auburn took that deal; at the time, the stock was trading for, iirc about $100/share in 2015! Now that chit is at $7-8/share, bruh!!

Hindsight is always 20/20, but UA should’ve taken Nike up on that deal. Nike helped resurrect Converse; peep Converse revenue year over year:

It would make sense if UA gets bought out & put under an umbrella of a Nike or Adidas, & I would say no to Adidas simply b/c there’s already evidence of Adidas botching Reebok.

Advertisement
I remember about 10 yrs ago, Nike was trying to acquire UA, but they refused. I thought the same thing.

I’m hearing Auburn is most likely leaving UA, too. Auburn’s compensation was based upon stock shares; Auburn lost millions of dollars in revenue b/c of it.

To put it in perspective:
-Nike is trading at $117/share in the U.S
-Adidas is trading at $89/share in the U.S
-Skechers is trading at $54/share in the U.S
-Puma is trading at $49/share in the U.S
-Under Armour has been fluctuating between $7-8/share

Under Armour was once upon a time the #2 apparel company in the U.S, w/ stocks soaring. That’s y Auburn took that deal; at the time, the stock was trading for, iirc about $100/share in 2015! Now that chit is at $7-8/share, bruh!!

Hindsight is always 20/20, but UA should’ve taken Nike up on that deal. Nike helped resurrect Converse; peep Converse revenue year over year:

It would make sense if UA gets bought out & put under an umbrella of a Nike or Adidas, & I would say no to Adidas simply b/c there’s already evidence of Adidas botching Reebok.

This is a better gauge of how each company is doing, share price doesn't tell the story as they all have different amount of shares of course. Allow me to solidify your point:

And here is a one year Nike chart with UA overlayed. UA has underperformed Nike by about 35%:

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 3.58.53 PM.png

Last edited:
I bet manny Diaz loved adidas

Fa ggot
Eh, he wasn’t part of the switch. It was Golden and Blake James who wanted Adidas. They offered us a better deal than Nike at the time.

I loved what Adidas had us wearing between 2016-2020 but I don’t know how I feel about our recent uniforms. Most people don’t know, but they went from block numbers to the 2000’s font. Not a huge difference, but a noticeable one for someone who pays way too close attention to this kind of stuff. The block numbers gave us more of a retro, traditional look I really liked. “Legends of The U” is what I think they were called.

I wonder what Nike would have us wear if we switched back.

Advertisement
Eh, he wasn’t part of the switch. It was Golden and Blake James who wanted Adidas. They offered us a better deal than Nike at the time.

I loved what Adidas had us wearing between 2016-2020 but I don’t know how I feel about our recent uniforms. Most people don’t know, but they went from block numbers to the 2000’s font. Not a huge difference, but a noticeable one for someone who pays way too close attention to this kind of stuff. The block numbers gave us more of a retro, traditional look I really liked. “Legends of The U” is what I think they were called.

I wonder what Nike would have us wear if we switched back.

It wasn’t Golden; it was all Blake. Personally, I hated the 2015-17 versions except the first Miami Nights. Between The Flamingos, The Strawberry Patches, & The Aqua Mazes…them chits was trash. They got better after that, but the aesthetics have been off (e.g crooked name plates, loose neck/shoulder pad lines, numbers at different heights, etc.)

Advertisement
So you’re saying I will soon be able to wear my Miami dunks with a Nike jersey not just Miami tshirts since I’m not putting adidas on Nike?!

It wasn’t Golden; it was all Blake. Personally, I hated the 2015-17 versions except the first Miami Nights. Between The Flamingos, The Strawberry Patches, & The Aqua Mazes…them chits was trash. They got better after that, but the aesthetics have been off (e.g crooked name plates, loose neck/shoulder pad lines, numbers at different heights, etc.)
Oh yeah those name plates always looked bad. The first year with Adidas was awful. Those goofy feathers on the shoulders were hideous.

The player’s name font :(. Terrible

Advertisement
Back