Nike deal

Advertisement
Lots of Nike homers forgetting the clam and the pro combat, the full pickle green…the FAMU replicas…

Both companies created some Miami uniforms or gear better suited for getting shipped overseas with the T-shirts of the team that lost the Super Bowl…
The Nike fetish around here reads like a bunch of grown men whose mom wouldn’t let them buy Jordan’s as a kid. Nike makes the same mistakes Adidas makes, in some cases to far worse result.

Lots of Nike homers forgetting the clam and the pro combat, the full pickle green…the FAMU replicas…

Both companies created some Miami uniforms or gear better suited for getting shipped overseas with the T-shirts of the team that lost the Super Bowl…
the orange pro combats were trash. not even relly who may be on nikes payroll can tell me theyre good lol. I hated the clam jerseys. I didnt like the unibrow ones either and bra straps. honestly, after 01, the best jersey we had in that span were the initial richt ones (the current jerseys). nike fan gear was better though which is what it think most people care about

Advertisement

In fairness, the Zoom Ibis was due to some legal issues. Regardless, wasn’t a fan of a zooming Ibis, either. And I’ve said to ad nauseam, pls stop blaming Nike for the FAMU combo. That was never presented. The coaches were in change of uniform combinations, so The FAMU combo was alllllllllllllll Golden.

In fairness, the Zoom Ibis was due to some legal issues. Regardless, wasn’t a fan of a zooming Ibis, either. And I’ve said to ad nauseam, pls stop blaming Nike for the FAMU combo. That was never presented. The coaches were in change of uniform combinations, so The FAMU combo was alllllllllllllll Golden.

Lies 🤣🤣🤣

I kid I kid

Just wondering, do you think a hypothetical move back to Nike will result in a look somewhat similar to what we have now (i,e., traditional) or do you think they would innovate to something they were doing in the early 2000s? I know this is an impossible question but would love your take on what Nike would/should do with our look.

Uhhhh, no...absolutely no "Nike homers" have forgotten the past.

The clam was a somewhat decent idea HORRIBLY EXECUTED. Not to mention trying to squeeze John Routh out of his royalties on Sebastian. As I've pointed out, I've worn Nikes since 1979, and I was one of the biggest critics of the clam. From day 1.

Pro combat was not that bad. Good lord, it was a one-off alternate uniform, and people are acting like it was on the same level as the adidas feathers jerseys.

The all-greens? Blame the AD for that. Nike didn't force us to wear all-green.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with "the FAMU replicas".

So let's focus on the positives.

Nike gave us five consecutive iconic jerseys over more than a decade.

1684377052437.jpeg

1684377100535.jpeg

1684377358664.jpeg

1684377420064.jpeg

1684377570065.jpeg

Advertisement
Uhhhh, no...absolutely no "Nike homers" have forgotten the past.

The clam was a somewhat decent idea HORRIBLY EXECUTED. Not to mention trying to squeeze John Routh out of his royalties on Sebastian. As I've pointed out, I've worn Nikes since 1979, and I was one of the biggest critics of the clam. From day 1.

Pro combat was not that bad. Good lord, it was a one-off alternate uniform, and people are acting like it was on the same level as the adidas feathers jerseys.

The all-greens? Blame the AD for that. Nike didn't force us to wear all-green.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with "the FAMU replicas".

So let's focus on the positives.

Nike gave us five consecutive iconic jerseys over more than a decade.

View attachment 238850
View attachment 238851
View attachment 238852
View attachment 238853
View attachment 238855

I knew I could count on you to provide some quality examples. I think our current look works, but I’ve grown to accept that @Rellyrell may have these as pajamas…

IMG_0142.jpeg

Just wondering, do you think a hypothetical move back to Nike will result in a look somewhat similar to what we have now (i,e., traditional) or do you think they would innovate to something they were doing in the early 2000s? I know this is an impossible question but would love your take on what Nike would/should do with our look.

Great ?, & of course this is just my opinion:

I think Miami should pull an OSU or Bama & keep it traditional w/ a minor caveat.

As I’ve stated b4 to those who claimed Nike treated us bad, the only team that had more uniform combos or uniforms re-designs than us was UO. However, we’re not UO, & I don’t particularly care for many uniform combos. UO did it out of necessity, & kudos to them for it working in their favor.

With us, keep the OG’s (orange over white, white over orange, the original storm troopers, green over white, white over green). Here’s my caveat: I wouldn’t mind a black jersey for a special night game, nor would I mind a classic throw back from the archives to commemorate an important event in our history on occasions, and this may sound taboo, but I wouldn’t mind a Miami Vice jersey on a breast cancer awareness week.

Other than that, keeping us traditional for the most part would be my preference.

I knew I could count on you to provide some quality examples. I think our current look works, but I’ve grown to accept that @Rellyrell may have these as pajamas…

View attachment 238857

I understand. I don't hate the current adidas jerseys.

But we have to be honest. We have had the same jersey design from 2016 until now. That's at least seven years in a row. I'd be willing to bet that we do NOT have a new jersey design for 2023. Which means we will have had the same jersey design for 8 consecutive years. And it's a very simple design. I could see keeping our 2001 design for 8 years, but we didn't.

I think that we can do something innovative, and not just the same simplistic thing for 8 years in a row.

Again, I am not ripping on adidas for jersey design. But it's time to move on from this whole sadly unproductive relationship.

I understand. I don't hate the current adidas jerseys.

But we have to be honest. We have had the same jersey design from 2016 until now. That's at least seven years in a row. I'd be willing to bet that we do NOT have a new jersey design for 2023. Which means we will have had the same jersey design for 8 consecutive years. And it's a very simple design. I could see keeping our 2001 design for 8 years, but we didn't.

I think that we can do something innovative, and not just the same simplistic thing for 8 years in a row.

Again, I am not ripping on adidas for jersey design. But it's time to move on from this whole sadly unproductive relationship.

I think that’s right. It either needs to end or end up getting to the level it was intended to be: innovative, flagship, yada yada yada… seems more likely the former..

Advertisement

View attachment 238857

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of this combo; and I’m editing my response b/c I see this is the 2010 joints which I hated!

I’ll rank my most hated uniforms in order:

T-1. 2015 Adidas w/ the stencil
T-1 2015 Adidas w/ the change in template
3. 2010 Nike Pro Combat alternate (vs. VA Tech)
4. 2017 Parley Adidas Aqua
5. 2022 Adidas Miami Nights (didn’t wear)
6. 2005 Nike Pro Combat alternate (vs. GT)
7. 2016 - 19 Adidas strawberry patches

Imo, those r the worst jerseys I’ve seen us wear or advertised.

Advertisement
I think it was the players who decided the combo that year

Advertisement
Back