Nigel Bethel

Those highlights show a lot of running in space. He's certainly not a between the tackles type back. He is explosive though. I say CB and punt/kick returner.

Advertisement

Corn is a legend in Nashville. The Duke Johnson of Tennessee prep ball. I think, especially with our lack of running back depth, we should let Corn take some reps at back. Dude is the most prolific back in Tennessee history and was a 3X state champion in both sports! I don't think he can be a work horse back, but I think he could be awesome at tail back at the U

Package wild card

Wasnt he also said to be close to being a ee and he decided in December to run track instead?

I heard the staff was unhappy with him because ****ed around and wasnt going to be able to enroll early.

Heard this also, he got the hint and the staff stopped calling. I also heard he was trying to get back in the last couple weeks and we said no thanks. Good luck to the kid.

BigCaneAl......thats what I feel was the situation with him staff said F... it lets move on because 2015 will probably be the best year ever for defensive backs in South Florida

Advertisement
Love it. The old "flip, dip and rip". We flipped him from Tennessee, he messed around with the EE so we dipped and then we all ripped him on here after the poor ******* committed to that hellhole known as Lubbock. Kid should have had a better idea of his true value. If only he had a handler to feed it to him straight...

Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

Corn is going to be a very good CB.

just a good player

i think he could excel at rb, cb, or slot wr. dude is an animal and he can return. dont sleep on corn.

Advertisement
With Corn, you need to look at the Sam Shields situation to understand that he's better off staying put at CB.

Bethel will be the little hobbit that plays for the "Lord of No Rings"

+10000

They may have no rings, but their coach has won a bowl game.

he's 5'9", 160? I'm wondering if he's too small to play corner. How's he gonna cover big receivers?

How tall was Mathieu in college? Size is overrated for corners.

I think Bethel could excel as a slot/nickel corner.

BigCaneAl......thats what I feel was the situation with him staff said F... it lets move on because 2015 will probably be the best year ever for defensive backs in South Florida

Will u say the same thing if the staff whiffs on corners in the 2015 class?

The bottom line is the staff failed on corners this cycle. Having that 'next cycle is loaded mindset' is a flawed mentality to have.

Advertisement
Your kiddin with that rep right lol im sorry man carry on im sure nigel is happy he can hang out with the great tech fans that were on display tonite:rollcanes:

Advertisement
I personally don't see him killing it at Texas Tech. From what I saw from Bethel this past season he looked like he couldn't hang with the big boys he played. Sure, booker T shut down Norcross this year, but from what I saw Nigel was getting beat. Also gotta keep in mind the whole Booker T secondary reaped the benefits of a ferocious DL this year, led by Chad and Demetrius.

Good luck to the kid.

I personally don't see him killing it at Texas Tech. From what I saw from Bethel this past season he looked like he couldn't hang with the big boys he played. Sure, booker T shut down Norcross this year, but from what I saw Nigel was getting beat. Also gotta keep in mind the whole Booker T secondary reaped the benefits of a ferocious DL this year, led by Chad and Demetrius.

Good luck to the kid.

Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

269.gif

Corn has shown the ability and potential to end up being a solid solid CB, all the while is way too small for RB. We obviously were just trying to regain a footing in BTW with Nigel and probably were thinking it would have helped with Chad and DJ. Im stunned that Arky didnt make a run at him, means something IYAM.

Bruh! I swear I had the same reaction after reading that post lmaoooooo. So Corn is the second coming now lol. Will be lucky to see the field next year. Tracy, Artie, Crawford, and Gunter pretty much have their positions locked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back