Nigel Bethel

The staff put all their eggs in the JC Jackson basket, but given our depth at corner as well as what's on the horizon in the 2015 cycle then I'm quite content as Ryan Mayes will be a project.

Perhaps the staff thought it would easier to sell depth and playing time (which is big among kids today) to the 2015 cycle. If we land guys like Irvin, Johnson, Becker and Causey because of this then I'm all for it.

Advertisement
I just want to see corn with the ball in his hands a few times thats all... Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles are lighting cats up in the National Florida League i just want to see what he does cause he looks deadly with the ball in his hands

I hope he saw that ish the Texas tech fan said to Marcus Smart last night. Texas tech seems real classy.

You guys are such doo doo. This kid has stud potential and if you don't think so your full of it.

Its amazing how many people live in this fantasy world when they sign they are the greatest player ever and when they decommit they were not good enough to play at the U.

100% completely delusional... I hope you know that but at this point I guessing you don't because expecting irrational people to think rationally is dumb on my part.

Advertisement
Again Clg003 we will see in 3 to 4 years what Mr. Bethel can do, never was impressed with him even when he was committed here.

The staff put all their eggs in the JC Jackson basket, but given our depth at corner as well as what's on the horizon in the 2015 cycle then I'm quite content as Ryan Mayes will be a project.

Perhaps the staff thought it would easier to sell depth and playing time (which is big among kids today) to the 2015 cycle. If we land guys like Irvin, Johnson, Becker and Causey because of this then I'm all for it.

Putting our eggs into a basket has killed us in the past. I don't even know if Mayes is a true corner. Signing only him with the hope of 2015 is a dangerous game, imo

Again Clg003 we will see in 3 to 4 years what Mr. Bethel can do, never was impressed with him even when he was committed here.

Me either. I actually rustled jimmies saying that when he was committed .

Advertisement
Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

269.gif

Corn has shown the ability and potential to end up being a solid solid CB, all the while is way too small for RB. We obviously were just trying to regain a footing in BTW with Nigel and probably were thinking it would have helped with Chad and DJ. Im stunned that Arky didnt make a run at him, means something IYAM.

Bruh! I swear I had the same reaction after reading that post lmaoooooo. So Corn is the second coming now lol. Will be lucky to see the field next year. Tracy, Artie, Crawford, and Gunter pretty much have their positions locked.

Except he played a whole bunch last year as a true freshman before he got hurt. No reason to think he doesn't get burn again. I bet he passes Crawford on the depth chart, he hasn't impressed me.

Advertisement
Back