Nigel Bethel

Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

269.gif

Corn has shown the ability and potential to end up being a solid solid CB, all the while is way too small for RB. We obviously were just trying to regain a footing in BTW with Nigel and probably were thinking it would have helped with Chad and DJ. Im stunned that Arky didnt make a run at him, means something IYAM.

Advertisement
I wish Nigel the best of luck in the future however after seeing him get torched all over the field against Isaiah McKensie I'm not concerned about him decommitting

Corn is a legend in Nashville. The Duke Johnson of Tennessee prep ball. I think, especially with our lack of running back depth, we should let Corn take some reps at back. Dude is the most prolific back in Tennessee history and was a 3X state champion in both sports! I don't think he can be a work horse back, but I think he could be awesome at tail back at the U

Advertisement

Corn is a legend in Nashville. The Duke Johnson of Tennessee prep ball. I think, especially with our lack of running back depth, we should let Corn take some reps at back. Dude is the most prolific back in Tennessee history and was a 3X state champion in both sports! I don't think he can be a work horse back, but I think he could be awesome at tail back at the U

Or he could be a full time contributor at CB. Kid has talent but he is tiny and while he may have been the Duke of tenn, he ain't Duke.

Advertisement
he's 5'9", 160? I'm wondering if he's too small to play corner. How's he gonna cover big receivers?

Corn Elder will be a great corner. If we move him to RB, it will be a disservice to him.

I liked the kid's attitude-- we need it bad. I fear he got in trouble when he complained about Al's passive defense.

Corn Elder is listed at 29 Corn Elder DB FR 5-10/173 Nashville, TN (The Ensworth School)
He could add another 6-10 pounds or so this offseason 180 isn't the small for a true Sophomore, he definitely can be a good corner but he is explosive with the ball.

Advertisement
Corn Elder is listed at 29 Corn Elder DB FR 5-10/173 Nashville, TN (The Ensworth School)
He could add another 6-10 pounds or so this offseason 180 isn't the small for a true Sophomore, he definitely can be a good corner but he is explosive with the ball.

EXACTLY, PUT THE **** BALL IN HIS HANDS

to be honest, i think his offer was contingent on him making it in via EE. once he said he wasnt going to do that, the writing was on the wall...

Bethel really believes he is in the same class as jabrill peppers and jalen tabor. If we would have gotten jc this thread wouldn't even exist. He will be getting worked by those recievers in the big 12. He will start for them but their corners have always been terrible.

Advertisement
Well remember he was originally going to decide between Tennessee and Miami then he backed off his announcement. I can tell you with confidence his initial plan was to announce to Tennessee.

His whole recruitment was odd.

Tennessee was not going to wait around for this kid. you see how many early enrollees they brought in? and he is spewing this crap about him not EE, just because HE wants to run track....smh, he messed himself up.

I'm not disagreeing. It was just odd. His initial plan was to announce for tenn. If you read between the lines, Miami caught wind and presumably talked him out of announcing. In other words, Miami flipped him only to decide to let him go elsewhere later on.

And on top of that, there didn't appear to be any backlash from the BTW side.

Pete mentioned grade rumors back in December

Advertisement
Back