Nigel Bethel

cane248

Freshman
This guy Decommitted and no one ever talked about him again. During signing day Amy Campbell from fox sports interviewed him after he signed his LOI to Texas Tech and he didn't seem thrilled. I honestly think Miami pulled the trigger to soon on accepting his commitment in the first place.

Advertisement
Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

Rumors of academic issues were persistent with this kid.

That being said, the staff completely ****ed up the CB position in this class.

Advertisement
Bethel will be the little hobbit that plays for the "Lord of No Rings"

Well remember he was originally going to decide between Tennessee and Miami then he backed off his announcement. I can tell you with confidence his initial plan was to announce to Tennessee.

His whole recruitment was odd.

Advertisement
WOW, kid decommitted from us. Before he decommitted, he was consistently was talking like he was some kind of superstar when he really wasn't. Somehow, someway it will always be the staff's fault...jeez, can some of you guys just accept that some of these kids are just not meant to be canes? This kid was that. We had flexibility at this position right now. We have alot of corners right now lol. We have a guy who can play corner if we need him to!

Well remember he was originally going to decide between Tennessee and Miami then he backed off his announcement. I can tell you with confidence his initial plan was to announce to Tennessee.

Tennessee was not going to wait around for this kid. you see how many early enrollees they brought in? and he is spewing this crap about him not EE, just because HE wants to run track....smh, he messed himself up.

Advertisement
Another weird thing was we were hyped about him the game against Central when he did very well against Phillips so its just a weird *** recruitment with that kid but tbh I wish him the best unlike some kids who were just ********

Tennessee was not going to wait around for this kid. you see how many early enrollees they brought in? and he is spewing this crap about him not EE, just because HE wants to run track....smh, he messed himself up.

I'm not disagreeing. It was just odd. His initial plan was to announce for tenn. If you read between the lines, Miami caught wind and presumably talked him out of announcing. In other words, Miami flipped him only to decide to let him go elsewhere later on.

And on top of that, there didn't appear to be any backlash from the BTW side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Except we ended up with no true corners in this class Bethel could've redshirted and given us the depth needed to move Corn Elder to RB or WR or move Ray Lewis to safety or RB.

Corn is going to be a very good CB.

But he is a better RB

Disagree, well I cant say that till I see him at cb but at rb he's an athlete but not a guy that I want to trust to carry the ball so if you have him as a rb you have to really have a good system for him because idk if his body could take the pounding unless he started to really gain some good weight

Advertisement
Back