Nigel Bethel commits

I guess if you can't land Edwards, Davis, Henderson, Surtain, Campbell, Samuel, Jobe, or Wilson, you might as well take a shot on a tall WR from MNW.

We are incredibly fortunate that by way of sheer volume kids like Bandy and Ivey happen to exist in South Florida with no possible way to ***** it up (though we tried our best to lose Bandy, reminder). What a debacle. How can anyone have faith in what we're doing on the defensive side of the ball? There are big flashing "oh ****!" neon signs all over the place right now.

Yea...we didn’t sign any other DBs this cycle either. What a disaster!

Our two year haul right now stands at Bandy, Ivey, Blades, and Bethel.

Blades and Bethel didn't/couldn't start for their HS teams at corner. Ivey's great. Bandy's great - we almost forced him to go to OU until we **** the bed with all our other CB prospects.

Alternatively, we lost Jobe, Davis, Henderson, Edwards, Samuel, Wilson, and perhaps Surtain/Campbell.

There's nothing wrong about realistically taking a look at what's happened/happening. You shouldn't take it personally. I like the few kids we've been able to land but it's nothing compared to what it should have been.

Inaccurate...and it’s not personal to me. Maybe to you, though. You sound really emotional.

Passionate about Miami football and how we're doing - I'm guilty. Acting like a baby that someone has a different opinion - you're guilty.

Is there reason you didn't include Frierson and Dean in our 2 year haul?

You also mention Jobe, but he was recruited to play S here. So then you need to include Carter, Smith, and Hall.

Once you include our actual haul, it's pretty good. Not great, but better than anyone in the ACC outside of FSU/Clemson. I do agree though with all the DB talent in the state it should be elite

Advertisement
People are always going to twist things to make their point seem more valid.

Doesn’t mean much tbh, look at Malek Young senior highlight tape, he didn’t have many plays on defense like that either. Wouldn’t mind seeing bethels speed as an athlete on offense tbqh
Lol you cannot be serious.

You & that clown Meat were the two biggest proponents in us not taking Bethel no matter what.

You were 100% against it, you said he sucked & doesn't deserve to be at Miami. Don't hop on the bandwagon now.

Lol @ there being a Nigel Bethel bandwagon. This is not a kid that Miami should have to settle for...but apparently we whiffed on the AH kids so now we're on to Plan C...

The funniest part is how y'all are trying to make Bethel out to be this world beater now that he's committed. Didn't get an offer from any major school besides us, even though he played at the most heavily recruited school in America smh

Of course I'll support the kid, he's a cane...just like I support Charles Perry, Tre Johnson, and Trayone Gray. But I don't expect him to ever start at Miami. This is a waste of a scholly imo

247 has him with an offer from Georgia. Are they not a major school? I mean if you're gonna rail against the kid at least get your facts straight.

No chance this kid could commit to Georgia even if he wanted to.

The one kid who DOES have a choice between Miami and Georgia is Tyson Campbell.

Uh, Georgia, your dream school, took Latavious Brini just last year.

Bethel is a **** of a lot better than Brini.

You spend so much time trashing everything Miami that you're oblivious to actual reality

Yea...we didn’t sign any other DBs this cycle either. What a disaster!

Our two year haul right now stands at Bandy, Ivey, Blades, and Bethel.

Blades and Bethel didn't/couldn't start for their HS teams at corner. Ivey's great. Bandy's great - we almost forced him to go to OU until we **** the bed with all our other CB prospects.

Alternatively, we lost Jobe, Davis, Henderson, Edwards, Samuel, Wilson, and perhaps Surtain/Campbell.

There's nothing wrong about realistically taking a look at what's happened/happening. You shouldn't take it personally. I like the few kids we've been able to land but it's nothing compared to what it should have been.

Inaccurate...and it’s not personal to me. Maybe to you, though. You sound really emotional.

Passionate about Miami football and how we're doing - I'm guilty. Acting like a baby that someone has a different opinion - you're guilty.

Is there reason you didn't include Frierson and Dean in our 2 year haul?

You also mention Jobe, but he was recruited to play S here. So then you need to include Carter, Smith, and Hall.

Once you include our actual haul, it's pretty good. Not great, but better than anyone in the ACC outside of FSU/Clemson. I do agree though with all the DB talent in the state it should be elite

I was hoping he would get there by himself, but apparently he needs a little help with basic facts. Which is why I said he was inaccurate.

He’s also conflating Golden’s Bandy recruitment with Richt’s Bandy recruitment. So his argument leaves out a half dozen players and does not even get a big part of his recruiting statement correct.

We need to get the 5 star stud cornerbacks, and missing on both TC and PS2 is a major fail, but it’s not the calamity he says. Our DB backfield, even without those two, will be light years better in 2019 than in 2017. The personnel will be much better. With one of the two, it will be elite. With both? Lights out.

Who else didn't start?

Blades, but at least he has played CB at a high level. I just don't see any of our 3 CB prospects as plug and play guys, which we really need now that Young had to retire. Hopefully Frierson is that dude on the boundary.

Agreed. Frierson is the only one of the newcomers who might be able to step in and play right away at CB (even though I think he'll eventually end up at Safety). Huge opportunity for either Surtain or Campbell to come in and likely start right away.

FWIW, I have no problem in taking a chance on a guy like Bethel. He could develop into a good player. However, he's a way off from being able to help at CB.

People still sleeping on Ivey

IMO best corner we signed so far.

I was sold on ivey once I saw him guarding JT4.
Dude is legit.

Advertisement
I guess if you can't land Edwards, Davis, Henderson, Surtain, Campbell, Samuel, Jobe, or Wilson, you might as well take a shot on a tall WR from MNW.

We are incredibly fortunate that by way of sheer volume kids like Bandy and Ivey happen to exist in South Florida with no possible way to ***** it up (though we tried our best to lose Bandy, reminder). What a debacle. How can anyone have faith in what we're doing on the defensive side of the ball? There are big flashing "oh ****!" neon signs all over the place right now.

Until proven otherwise Miami can't. It's been that way for a long time too. Since we lost Patrick Peterson (Johnson) we've struck out with top DB's minus Tracy Howard. We've seen them leave one after the other and ball out elsewhere and against us. Everyone knows this trend must stop. Maybe Rumph works his relationship and kills the PJ ghost and the anit-Miami culture seemingly at AH. Maybe it's next year with Spaghetti whom seems to be a 5* lock to us. I sooo want him to commit and be the new ambassador.

For now Bethel is the best we can get and about the perfect project recruit to take a flier on. He's got everything it take to be a prototype CB. Folks are taking frustration out on him, and it's not his fault we suck at recruiting 5* DB's. He's a Cane now and we need him to develop.

Our offensive staff isn't having any trouble signing big timers all over the place. The problem isn't "Miami". The problem is our defensive staff looks about as organized and competent as a stoner taking a 3AM trip to the Taco Bell drive thru.
I repeat, "where is Manny?" Why the free ride? Always Rumph, Kul etc never Manny f'ing up.

Not sure if you're talking to me in general or the board as a whole but I've griped about our DT, LB, and CB recruiting for months along with the associated coaches. If these guys are going to have so much autonomy it needs to feel more organized and efficient. Rumph is a different case, though. Hiring a HS coach who then loses all of his kids would be one of the biggest failures in CFB history. That's something special.
Was in general. Still have fingers crossed on getting all AH4. But no doubt, strikeout on either DB's not good look for CMR2 or ANY of D side which is headed by MD2.

I want to clear something up in case my posts about MD2 taking responsibility for what is, up to Today (like said fingers still crossed for NSD Splash). I am Super proud that a local kid has risen to the Natl level he has; there is no ? he not only understands what our history is all about but that his passion has reignited the U (what a Chain); finally, that he is light years BETTER than Dorito. But that doesn't mean that he should get a free ride for D crooting while CMR2 and Kul seem to get all the negs. If he is a better X/O's then let's get him EXPERIENCED, PROVEN recruiter type. That is all I mean, plain and simple. I am all for giving young guys a chance or else how the F would anybody get experience, but not at the expense of losing/being pushed around in our backyard.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The kind of kid three years from now people woulda been bytching up a storm why we didn’t recruit him

I like it

Y'all keep feeding each other delusions that this kid is gonna be a star.

"UGA groupie". Just because I think UGA is doing what we should be doing doesn't make me a groupie. We paying Richt 4 Milly to clean up the state and create a dominant championship level football team. Sorry for not wanting to settle for guys like Bethel when FSU and UF were horrible this year and hired new corches.

"Hot and cold". I had concerns while we were winning and 10-0. Sorry I wasn't blinded by the record, defense, or Malik's play early on. Unfortunately all of my concerns came to light when we started playing good teams.

Next year, Next class, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT... y'all not tired of always having to say next? Why cant it be now? This is like the 8th year in a row I've heard this exact quote "[insert next class] will be the class that changes our program."

You can settle for meh football and meh talent. I want to watch a dominant Canes team.
Edit: Don't get me wrong our class is talented but most of the talent is on the offense. Defensive recruiting is underwhelming.
Take your Midol, little drama queen young lady, call us in Sept.
This is a good pick up for the Canes.

When will fans get that NO one will ever cleanup in FL. Its the most heavily recruited state in the country with 3 big time programs in it. This isn't Georgia, Ohio,Michigan, Tennessee etc. The major programs have little to no competition in their states. I believe even when the Canes are frequently in the cfp they're gonna lose out of Elite talent because kids are either looking to leave the state or that bag is too much to pass up. It is what it is. Recruit your *** off and coach your ***.

Underappreciated post, my dude. Severely underappreciated.

Any idea who the kid is at 2:05 in the video that runs Bethel down? I certainly believe Bethel is fast but that kid must be a blazer the way he closed the distance.

thats american heritage..they have a bunch of blazers couldnt pick out from the number though who it exactly was. Running gate looks alot like Tyson though

Swag we been around long enough to know....Personally its eerily similarto when we were calling out the golden staff. The saving grace is i believe Richt is a superior HC...but still is alot of Question marks ...and other signs..that homer's seem to look pass or turn a blind eye too because they have the fear. From the hiring everything was wait until 2018....Best db crop in awhile down here..NO WAY...they can mess it up...well...

I think we need to close on 1 Of the AH kids or it will be a bad taste...

Advertisement
Kid didn’t even start at DB for his hS team. I heard a rumor we actually took him as a Athlete and using him at WR. In Richts tweet it said multi-talented, meaning on and off field and positions. Not a DB boys and girls

Welcome to the :neonu:!!!

UVfyFRg.gif

7dbb7573baf9f488ac5a4209d2986c3f.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid didn’t even start at DB for his hS team. I heard a rumor we actually took him as a Athlete and using him at WR. In Richts tweet it said multi-talented, meaning on and off field and positions. Not a DB boys and girls

Who cares if he didn't start? His team didn't need him at DB they needed him more at WR. MNW had two div 1 DB's maybe more he'll I dunno about the underclassmen there but anyways he was a good enough athlete to play on both defense and offense..mostly offense since that's where his team needed him. Miami needs dynamic guys like that ad they have had player like that in the past.

**** Sean Taylor made his mark as RB more so than he did at the S position in Hs scored 44 touchdowns or wtf ever it was. Guys like you were talking chit on message board back then especially since Miami lost out on James carter who went to FSU and did chit.

I don’t mind a project or 2 every year provided:

1. They clearly have the athleticism to develop at whatever position.
2. There’s a specific role where they can contribute (Mainly ST, RZ, 3rd down, etc.) In Bethel’s case it’s in the return game.
3. We bring in others at the same position that are ready to contribute right away...basically don’t want projects seeing the field in meaningful minutes until year 2.

Bethel checks all areas for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back