Nigel Bethel commits

Never? Doesn't mean much considering his HS team needs tho boss. Apparently they didn't need him to play corner the same way anquan holdings poahokke team had him playing qb before he moved to wr at FSU.

Reread the post. The only thing I concluded about his defensive game is that he looks really raw on 1 highlight play. Whether that means anything remains to be seen but I don't make conclusive evaluations off 1 play lol.

But you (and brock) have the right intentions so I appreciate the responses.

Advertisement
He's got that speed you can't teach. Him and JT4 in a 1-on-1 will be blazing

Advertisement
@DMoney. What’s your opinion on his rating? Is he a true 3 star? Why? Based off his tape I see no reason why he shouldn’t be a 4 star. What am I missing?

He didn’t compete much on the camp circuit. That’s where you make your name.

Bethel was MNW’s best receiver but his upside is on defense. I don’t think he has the skill or coordination at WR to compete with some of the guys we’ve signed. His traits play best at corner.

Advertisement
[HUDL]video/3/8037753/5a2f6974b0191611b09692dd[/HUDL]

He has the traits and mind to develop. 6'1, 4.3 and smart from the top team in Dade. Note the first play against Central.

Im convinced we got a player that's going to push for a starting cb job.

Reminds me of Sam Shields.... prototypical size and speed, with his experiencing as a receiver means we got a future elite cb on our hands. Especially with Rumph coaching him up.

Not even close. Sam Sheilds was SMOOTH, i mean like silky smooth with all his movements. He was gliding and effortless. This kid is a + athlete, but man Sam was special and you knew it when you saw him.

Never a good sign when a potential DB prospect has like 1 defensive highlight and it exposes bad man covg and tackling technique.

But on the bright side he's easily a Miami caliber athlete who could be a potent vertical threat and special teams weapon.

I'd bet he's a WR sooner or later and it looks like he can play. Sorry to the crybabies who think this is a wasted scholarship and evidence that the AH corners are gone.
Doesn’t mean much tbh, look at Malek Young senior highlight tape, he didn’t have many plays on defense like that either. Wouldn’t mind seeing bethels speed as an athlete on offense tbqh
Lol you cannot be serious.

You & that clown Meat were the two biggest proponents in us not taking Bethel no matter what.

You were 100% against it, you said he sucked & doesn't deserve to be at Miami. Don't hop on the bandwagon now.

Really think this kid has a bright future at CB. Idk what some of you are complaining about

Staff can’t feel good on Campbell or Surtain. If we round out the class with ezzard, Briggs, and Chatman I’ll be fine

Says who? You?

Pete just frickin said this had nothing to do with those guys. Doesn't mean we're getting them, but it literally does not mean we aren't.

Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] would you say his skill set is similar to that of C. Henderson at the same point last year?

I’ll make a comparison... Herb Waters. Obviously played WR here but several posters mentioned his upside at CB including [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]. Now he’s there in the NFL trying to make it.

Maybe even Sam Shields too. Just not quite that long. All very raw but gifted as ****.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] what are some better plan C CB's that you think are better than Bethel? What do you think of Keidron Smith? Thanks in advance boss.

I’ve been saying Smith was a huge miss. Should have been a priority as soon as Jobe got shaky

I’ll make a comparison... Herb Waters. Obviously played WR here but several posters mentioned his upside at CB including [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]. Now he’s there in the NFL trying to make it.

Maybe even Sam Shields too. Just not quite that long. All very raw but gifted as ****.

Shields may be a good comparison tbh

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] would you say his skill set is similar to that of C. Henderson at the same point last year?

similar to Henderson..though Henderson maybe faster. But it seems like thats the cb type they kind of like.

Ive always like him..so it isnt a problem with me. I was lol'ing when the gates were calling a randy special..because i knew he was better than a few of their other commits.

I think he helps out our track team as well. He's BFF's with Artie Burns younger bro from the track circuit..looks like we got both.
I like Divaad Wilson of course more as a cb..but i also liked Wilson more than Jobe. Thats not a diss to Bethel.
Im in the opinion..we hit that Grad transfer market again..REGARDLESS what happens with Campbell (dont believe ever had a shot with surtain) which would allow for Bethel to take a shirt..something i think he needs. This kid as a redshirt soph maybe 6'1 185 running sub 4.4 with ball skills. Its all up to him from this point on....also if you gonna bet...Bet on a kid from The City (liberty city)and MNW.

https://twitter.com/F5_nigel/status/953487935327932416
check the arm length on this kid...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back