Nigel Bethel commits

Advertisement
I'm all for takes like this IF they stick for the few years it'll take them to contribute. If he's out of her in 2-3 years without producing and/or developing or bounces because of off-the-field **** or because he just wants to transfer, its ultimately pointless. We've had a lot of that over the past decade...seemingly more then national average. With that said, local athlete? I take'em all day...just want him to develop and contribute.

Staff can’t feel good on Campbell or Surtain. If we round out the class with ezzard, Briggs, and Chatman I’ll be fine

They don’t feel good about Surtain or Campbell, but even if they did, this was coming. This is not connected to those two.

6-7 was always the intended number if we landed the elite dudes.

I mean at the end of the day we will have 4 DBs graduating, and potentially 2 more guys leaving via attrition (Knowles and Finley) by next season.

So that would mean even if we get Surtain and Campbell we'd have 16 on the roster this season (ideal), and 10 returning for next year, which means we're going to want to bring in another 5-6 DBs in the 2019 class (Stevenson, Richards, Sanguinetti, Davis, Elam, Dent?)

Advertisement
Staff can’t feel good on Campbell or Surtain. If we round out the class with ezzard, Briggs, and Chatman I’ll be fine

They don’t feel good about Surtain or Campbell, but even if they did, this was coming. This is not connected to those two.

I mean at the end of the day we will have 4 DBs graduating, and potentially 2 more guys leaving via attrition (Knowles and Finley) by next season.

So that would mean even if we get Surtain and Campbell we'd have 16 on the roster this season (ideal), and 10 returning for next year, which means we're going to want to bring in another 5-6 DBs in the 2019 class (Stevenson, Richards, Sanguinetti, Davis, Elam, Dent?)

I can promise you Finley will contribute at the U next year. I can promise you that.

Advertisement
Pete I love what you do on CIS - eternally grateful for this board but your twitter account makes me cringe. Drop that pseudo-Heat fan shtick and stop replying to dweebs that call you out.

So are you crying or what? We did land the elite dudes they signed early. Let it go it's ok you a live.

[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] what are some better plan C CB's that you think are better than Bethel? What do you think of Keidron Smith? Thanks in advance boss.

Advertisement
Travarious Bain 2.0

I kid, I kid. Here's hoping this kid is coached up and becomes a player...

Advertisement

I can promise you Finley will contribute at the U next year. I can promise you that.

Finley got by far the least amount of snaps of any of our 11 DBs last season. And that includes 3 True Freshman.
And the incoming safety is by far a better talent than he is.

Why exactly are you confident he will contribute? And will this contribution even be positive?

[HUDL]video/3/8037753/5a2f6974b0191611b09692dd[/HUDL]

He has the traits and mind to develop. 6'1, 4.3 and smart from the top team in Dade. Note the first play against Central.

So are you crying or what? We did land the elite dudes they signed early. Let it go it's ok you a live.

Where in that do you get that I'm crying?

And I think we get both Campbell and Surtain.

Do I like Bethel? Not really. I love his speed though. I personally wouldn't take him if we know we are getting Campbell and Surtain - and I'd MUCH rather have gone for Asante Samuel earlier on.

But I'm fine with this, and like I said, as far as depth is concerned this is needed, and wont hurt us for next season.

Advertisement
Back