Nick Linder leaves Miami program

Straight up you soft shoulder posters who like to whine every time someone leaves should just leave with the rest of the canes who leave because of the depth chart too. The season is not over because of Linder leaving of all people give me a break
What is this, man? We already have enough namecaller schticks on the board. Who is saying the season is over because of Linder? I'd like to see some examples.

Advertisement
Straight up you soft shoulder posters who like to whine every time someone leaves should just leave with the rest of the canes who leave because of the depth chart too. The season is not over because of Linder leaving of all people give me a break
What is this, man? We already have enough namecaller schticks on the board. Who is saying the season is over because of Linder? I'd like to see some examples.

Not only Linder but just in general. Included his name specifically in the sentence because he's the latest in the saga

Uh, Rok is without a doubt.

Well not just Linder I guess, but all these transfers. Willis and Haskins are the only guys who would've even played any significant snaps.

I'll take Gaynor, who is a weight room beast, over Linder at Center anyday.

Da season far from over because of Linda running away. Did Miami need him; at least for depth? Yup, but Canes will overcome.

Advertisement

Well not just Linder I guess, but all these transfers. Willis and Haskins are the only guys who would've even played any significant snaps.

Not clean to use the "uh" when you're not accurate. Where did Rok say the season is over because Linder decided to be a quitter? If I see that quote, I'll gladly apologize and encourage Rok to slow his troll. I'm speaking solely on the Linder topic, which is all I've replied to in this thread.

Agree with you on RB & TE, somewhat on DT because of Willis he was pretty **** good for us.

There's no such thing as depth at QB, you either have one or you have none.

There's nothing that could be done about Safety depth, Carter & Jenk graduated & went to the NFL.
Moving Red to FS was a great move with the additions of Dean & Delaney. Plus, Amari Carter is future all conference player.

As far as losing players that would've provided competition I'm not so sure that's true, those guys weren't competing for starter snaps, they were at the bottom of the Depth chart. And in Linder's case he fought & lost to Gauthier & Gaynor.

Courtel Jenkins will not be missed, he was undisciplined, caused several penalties, was routinely injured & suspended multiple times.

Gus Garbage *** Edwards will not be missed by anyone except my man Vern & other Walton haters.
He didn't do **** his 3/4 years here, all he ever did was run high & disappear when it matters most.

Haskins & Willis yes, the rest, no ****in way lol.

I'd rather have Courtel on the field instead of Fines.

Edwards instead of Gray.

Odogwu instead of true fresman Herbert.

Say what you want about some of these guys we've lost, but we don't automatically have someone better to replace them in every case.

Fines is 6th on the depth chart after Willis and jenkins departure. When is he going to see the field in meaningful games?..

So in your opinion, none of the players we've lost would've had any impact and we're a better team now than before they left?

Outside of yearby and Willis? No. Even when Haskins was here he was still behind Irvin who the jury is still out on. He had potential but was not nearly going to make that big of an impact especially this season when we won't be using many 2 tight end sets of any at all.

Losing yearby it's a loss but you also bring back a backup that the coaches are high on who happens to be ALOT more athletic and faster than yearby also arguably is the most athletic running back on the team.

Mayes, wright, Henley, James get real... 3 of those 4 should have never been offered by Miami.

Odogwu and linder both left because they weren't guaranteed to start it is what it is. Yeah sunny was talent but when do you get to see it since he's always hurt so much? Linder hasn't been good since his freshman year. It's not a loss , the offense immediately performed better without him. It's no secret

Fair enough. And I do think we're in very good shape overall and the staff deserves credit for not settling on guys and going with quality over quantity.

Not clean to use the "uh" when you're not accurate. Where did Rok say the season is over because Linder decided to be a quitter? If I see that quote, I'll gladly apologize and encourage Rok to slow his troll. I'm speaking solely on the Linder topic, which is all I've replied to in this thread.

Mind boggling he doesn't realize why he's hated on here. Think he'd learn but still with the tough guy ****

Advertisement
It's his last year of eligibility and he had a ton of experience. If Richt wanted him to stay, he should have made him the starter to start this year. It's his position to lose. Then, if he plays like **** (against Bethune or J. State), you bench him for one of the younger guys. A senior ain't gonna leave the team once the season starts and his eligibility has been used.

His brother just became the highest paid center in the NFL, and then Nick loses his job at center as a senior in college before the season even starts. I don't care who you are, but that ain't gonna fly, especially in the Linder family.

As a fan, I say **** off and thank god I don't need to watch him vs ND this year. But when I think about this from a coaching perspective, each situation needs to be handled individually and carefully. This isn't the NFL where Richt needs to cut the roster down to 45. This is a blunder. It is a major depth loss, and there is nothing good about this.

Last edited:
It's his last year of eligibility and he had a ton of experience. If Richt wanted him to stay, he should have made him the starter to start this year. It's his position to lose. Then, if he plays like **** (against Bethune or J. State), you bench him for one of the younger guys. A senior ain't gonna leave the team once the season starts and his eligibility has been used.

His brother just became the highest paid center in the NFL, and then Nick loses his job at center as a senior in college before the season even starts. I don't care who you are, but that ain't gonna fly, especially in the Linder family.

As a fan, I say **** off and thank god I don't need to watch him vs ND this year. But when I think about this from a coaching perspective, each situation needs to be handled individually and carefully. This isn't the NFL where Richt needs to cut the roster down to 45. This is a blunder. It is a major depth loss, and there is nothing good about this.

Sorry this is garbage. You don't give a guy that has been hurt the last two years and underperform too,a guarantee starting spot. What does that say about competition?

Is this a sign for how well we're recruiting at the position?
I don't think so. Everyone from Searels to Pete to other people who get to watch practice currently had Linder slated as our 6th guy. Just yesterday, I asked who was our 7th and Gaynor was supposedly behind Linder.

This is a crap move by Linder.
Seems like he refused to swallow his pride. To be fair, it's quite the pill to swallow when a younger kid comes in and takes your job.

It's not like he has NFL potential. Why would he leave for more playing time? Selfish move especially considering his family background.

The positive thing is it continues to root out entitlement mentality. Doesn't change that it's a crap move. Guess he thinks he has pro potential.

Clearly he misunderstands his potential as the guy that seemingly ended his career went undrafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish him the best. If his next endeavor is attempting suicide.

Fck him and the other quitter Odogshyt. It's no coincidence our OL has struggled when 2 of the starters were entitled cvnts who quit at the first sign they'd have to compete. Good thing is that Gaynor is already 100 times better and tougher than Linda on Linda's best day.

Linda and Odogshyt should have another impromptu ghey photo shoot because that's what they're best at.
Word.

Good news is Gaynor must be hitting the ground running.

Advertisement

I'm not trying to say that at all. This roster is more than adequate but it would be nice to have some of these guys still here, particularly those who were entering their senior year who have no bearing on our numbers for 2018. If you really believe that losing guys like Linder, Odogwu, Courtel and replacing them with true freshmen makes us better in 2017 then I might disagree. The ideal thing would be for these seniors to lose thier job but stick around as seasoned vets and keep the competition fierce. Who is pushing Homer? Pushing Irvin? Pushing Herbert, Gaynor, Bethel? We are going to be more than fine but to imply that we're somehow better today with Linder off the team is stupid in principal.

I'm not trying to say that at all. This roster is more than adequate but it would be nice to have some of these guys still here, particularly those who were entering their senior year who have no bearing on our numbers for 2018. If you really believe that losing guys like Linder, Odogwu, Courtel and replacing them with true freshmen makes us better in 2017 then I might disagree. The ideal thing would be for these seniors to lose thier job but stick around as seasoned vets and keep the competition fierce. Who is pushing Homer? Pushing Irvin? Pushing Herbert, Gaynor, Bethel? We are going to be more than fine but to imply that we're somehow better today with Linder off the team is stupid in principal.
We are absolutely better without Linder as a Starter, how much better would it make us if he were a backup?

He was nothing but a liability on the field, when Gall took his job last year the line significantly improved.

Linder was terrible, so what difference does it make if he's not on the team?

People thought Gall was the worst player on the team before those last few games, he turned out to be decent when we needed him. Would have been a shame had he transferred before his senior season because he didn't win a starting job. Losing Linder has no positive effect on the team for 2017, nor is it the end of the world by any means.

Advertisement
Linder played like pure shît these last 2 years. Glad i dont have to watch him get throwed around this season.

Look at linder all the way in the back by Walton...
[TWEET]793910090860404737[/TWEET]

[TWEET]793854088920260608[/TWEET]
Bullrushed to the ground

Sad part is everyone else did their jobs.

Image 1: This was a hand off to the left. Everyone did their jobs and Linda is already 5 yards in the backfield before Kaaya can finish his **** fake. McDoormatt is barely holding on but has him good enough to not effect the play since it a outside run. Trevor and Isdora had the double block/second level blocks on the guy in the middle and Herndon, our best blocking TE, had the LB on radar. This play should of at the very least been 10 yards and if Walton makes Safety (Bottom, Left) miss Waltons get at least 40-50 yards or scores.

Image 2: Not great but decent pocket. Everyone but Linda is holding up. Players like Linda is why Kaaya played scared at times last year.

The one positive to come from Linder's exit is the Linda nickname. I wish he was still on the roster because I am not an idiot but it's worth it because of that nickname.

People thought Gall was the worst player on the team before those last few games, he turned out to be decent when we needed him. Would have been a shame had he transferred before his senior season because he didn't win a starting job. Losing Linder has no positive effect on the team for 2017, nor is it the end of the world by any means.

Because Gall was more than likely playing outta position His whole time here, or at least till Linder went down.

Because Gall was more than likely playing outta position His whole time here, or at least till Linder went down.

Look I realize it's August and everyone thinks we're going 15-0 without allowing a single yard but at some point you people have to think impartially and ponder what you're saying.

Nothing is lost by having Linder, Odogwu, Jenkins, Edwards, Willis, Yearby still here competing. Admit that their departure has made the roster slightly weaker or I'm initiating the ignore user protocol.

Advertisement
Back