Nick Linder leaves Miami program

View as article
This spells good news, gaynor must be that good to push linder out of the rotation. If you have 2 younger players better than a senior at a certain position who lakes size and strength then who tf cares that he left? He realized he was going to be out of the rotation and didnt want to waste his last year of eligibility being 3rd string as a senior. It is what it is

Advertisement
This spells good news, gaynor must be that good to push linder out of the rotation. If you have 2 younger players better than a senior at a certain position who lakes size and strength then who tf cares that he left? He realized he was going to be out of the rotation and didnt want to waste his last year of eligibility being 3rd string as a senior. It is what it is

Yeah but he could've played center for us if the need arose, and it's one less body. It also possibly affects who's on the scout team considering we have one walk-on OL. I'm fine with it because he isn't very good but the better scenario would've included him being on the team and tutoring Gauthier, Gaynor and giving the defense a reasonable look on the scout team instead of Justin Goldberg.

Yeah but he could've played center for us if the need arose, and it's one less body. It also possibly affects who's on the scout team considering we have one walk-on OL. I'm fine with it because he isn't very good but the better scenario would've included him being on the team and tutoring Gauthier, Gaynor and giving the defense a reasonable look on the scout team instead of Justin Goldberg.

Apparently we are supposed to have NFL talent on every position of the scout team.

Our walk-ons are supposed to be NFL type of guys.

Advertisement
Haskins was part of the Magnificent Seven who were caught drinking that wine and smoking them tweeds in a car last summer.

Bruce
Irving
Wright
James
Haskins

only one who remains on the team is an overweight entitled rich ******* who is also on his way out.

Apologies for my pedantic nature, but that's only 5.

There were seven of them.

You snitched, and our Gata Overlord band you for it.

Instead of trying to justify your femininity, just accept it and own it.

Like you did when you quit a board over rep?

lol.
RepKillah had a meltdown over rep?
laff laff laff

If anyone should have an opinion on quitting, it's Thread Killa, who quit RCT over rep. LULZ

I believe his handle was DesertCane on RCT/CaneSport though I may be wrong. Karma negging can be brutal apparently.

Last edited:
You snitched, and our Gata Overlord band you for it.

Instead of trying to justify your femininity, just accept it and own it.

Like you did when you quit a board over rep?

lol.
RepKillah had a meltdown over rep?
laff laff laff

If anyone should have an opinion on quitting, it's Thread Killa, who quit RCT over rep. LULZ

I believe his handle was DesertCane on RCT/CaneSport though I may be wrong. Karma negging can be brutal apparently.

That dude?
DesertedThreadKilla?
laff laff laff

Advertisement
This place has been quick to shoot down any concerns over literally every single one of the 16 early departures the program has endured since before the bowl game. Let's hope you all are right in insisting that there's nothing to see here.

Kaaya
Allison
Yearby
Edwards
Haskins
Njoku
Loftus
Knighton
Linder
Odogwu
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Mayes
Henley

Aren't you the guy who always makes a list of guys who should transfer or get kicked off the team?

If there's a guy on the roster who we should want to transfer, it's Linder. He's maxed out his ability and isn't going to suddenly get better as a senior. I'd rather have a younger, developmental guy taking a roster spot than a dude who's best isn't nearly good enough. He's hit his ceiling.

Problem is that we struck out at RB and TE recruiting, and were already in position that we would need to depend on several true freshmen throughout the depth chart (including QB, OL, DB, WR).

Losing guys like Yearby, Edwards, Jenkins, Odogwu, Linder doesn't give us any additional flexibility in recruiting for 2018 and is a detriment.

Losing guys like Mayes, Henley, Knighton, Loftus..yeah who cares.

The Yearby/Edwards fiasco does suck. Not sure how the **** that happened when one of them would have certainly gotten significant carries this year had they stayed.

Odogflu and Linder quit because they lost their starting positions to better players. I don't want quitters around this team anyway. Maybe if disaster strikes and we need third team centers or tackles, I'll look stupid for saying so but I'm cool with these quitters not suiting up in the Orange and Green this season.

I would disagree. Had either one or both stayed, I maintain that Homer would be our #2 back as a change of pace. Only with injuries would either maybe have gotten significant carries. They knew this.

Perhaps this is coping mechanism, but there was nothing out there publicly or being said by insiders to support this view. Linder was consistently being slated by all as the 6th OL.

Let's not make up our own stories to feel better about the crap move Linder pulled.

This place has been quick to shoot down any concerns over literally every single one of the 16 early departures the program has endured since before the bowl game. Let's hope you all are right in insisting that there's nothing to see here.

Kaaya
Allison
Yearby
Edwards
Haskins
Njoku
Loftus
Knighton
Linder
Odogwu
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Mayes
Henley
Out of that list, I legitimately only think Willis & Haskins would've had an impact this year.

Yearby would've been a serviceable guy at the RB3 spot, but he was set on leaving no matter what.

The rest were scrubs with very little upside, Depth is not having people there for no reason, depth is having guys that can actually play to spell the starters.

Most of those dudes on that list simply weren't good enough to play here or just couldn't keep up with Richt's expectations.

Losing Nick Linder is not a loss by any standard, he was God awful & a complete liability at Center, he lost his job & quit, which means Gaynor was going to be the backup over him anyway.

And Richt said today the 3rd Center is Mahoney now.

Perhaps this is coping mechanism, but there was nothing out there publicly or being said by insiders to support this view. Linder was consistently being slated by all as the 6th OL.

Let's not make up our own stories to feel better about the crap move Linder pulled.

Coach Rick wasn't happy about it but broke is.

Who do we believe in this situation? The HC or the ******* moran?

Advertisement

Pete alluded to it on twitter...

If Linder was legit our 6th OL, then we better hope to **** no one gets hurt. Or we should be happy he's gone and that Searels will be forced to play someone other than that feckless ****. Searels had Linda ahead of Gall last year, and Gall proved to be a far superior player for us.

Pete words, now is that better for you?
I didn't make up anything and let's not try to insinuate that you know it all either. Gaynor has his foot on the pedal and he's pushing linder out. If a senior who has started multiple games on the line and there is doubt from the most credible miami insider out there that he might not be in the EIGTH man rotation then that says it all pretty much
[TWEET]894582415817142273[/TWEET]

[TWEET]894577361110396928[/TWEET]

[TWEET]894597599885492224[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who here remembers Dyrail McMillian?
Remember when he bolted UM once that RB from Immokalee HS starting showing why he was the best
back in college football?
That dude left screaming to the local rags that he been done wrong, that he was the best RB and
proceeded to transfer to USF.
I even recall some USF fans and even a Tampa writer screaming about how Butch did him wrong.
Whatever became of McMillian?
Whatever became of Edgerrin James?
Someone once told me that the best talent evaluators on team are the actual players themselves.
They know when another team member is superior to them, but most of them will not admit it,
but will indicate by their actions.....often, that involves leaving the team.

Last edited:

Kaaya
Allison
Yearby
Edwards
Haskins
Njoku
Loftus
Knighton
Linder
Odogwu
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Mayes
Henley
Out of that list, I legitimately only think Willis & Haskins would've had an impact this year.

Yearby would've been a serviceable guy at the RB3 spot, but he was set on leaving no matter what.

The rest were scrubs with very little upside, Depth is not having people there for no reason, depth is having guys that can actually play to spell the starters.

Most of those dudes on that list simply weren't good enough to play here or just couldn't keep up with Richt's expectations.

Losing Nick Linder is not a loss by any standard, he was God awful & a complete liability at Center, he lost his job & quit, which means Gaynor was going to be the backup over him anyway.

And Richt said today the 3rd Center is Mahoney now.

I agree about depth being about quality and not quantity, but to a degree we're lacking in quality at QB, RB, TE, OL, DT, S...so losing players who would've provided competition and given the staff more options, some of who were already leaving after 2017 anyway simply isn't a good thing. It might not signify anything negative if the team stays healthy and the young players who will be counted on are ready to go, but to dismiss each and every casualty and say "no big deal because these new recruits are some dogs" is a bit homerish imo.

I hope you all are right, but chances are that that we will look back at some point during the season and bemoan losing Yearby, Gus, Courtel, Willis, Haskins, Dogflu, and Linder to a lesser extent. The rest are guys who I have been wishing away as long as anyone.

Kaaya
Allison
Yearby
Edwards
Haskins
Njoku
Loftus
Knighton
Linder
Odogwu
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Mayes
Henley

All average players or backups that were promised a Golden shower... Richt is replacing them with studs and they're getting their feelings hurt. We need to move on. Ultimately, it means more room and better talent for the incoming classes!

100% Agree. The only people who could of helped are: Njoku (Obviously), Kaaya (Obviously), Yearby, and Willis. You could probably add Haskins because there is a legitimate concern at TE depth so it would of been nice to see what he could do before he left.

Kaaya
Allison
Yearby
Edwards
Haskins
Njoku
Loftus
Knighton
Linder
Odogwu
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Mayes
Henley

Next up Jahair Jones, and if Rosier doesn't win the job he gone!

Advertisement
Back