Nick Linder leaves Miami program

View as article
We had better depth at RB, TE, DT, OL in 2016 than we will in 2017, in terms of both quality and quantity. I mean, does anyone disagree?

If you do it's because you have a lot of faith in a bunch of guys who haven't played much: Homer, Gray, Burns, Irving II, Curry, Polendey, Bethel, Moten, Martin, Herbert, Brown, Gaynor.

And I know that Dallas can fill in at RB and play well.

Bethel has beefed up and is looking good and Moten is finally healthy.

And that Gaynor is already running with the 2s. I know all of this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the guys with tears streaming down their faces about the guys who left, what could we have done to force them to stay? If the answer is nothing or it involved promising inferior players starting positions to keep them, then what's the point of being about it?

Next man up! Enjoy the fcking season. I heard all the same crying about the LBs before last season, and I wasn't having it then either. How'd that wind up working out for us? The immortal Juwon Young really kept us from fielding a good group of LBs.

All I can say is it seems a little suspicious that 15 freaking guys left. Including players that A. would've contributed and B. didn't take the most amazing sales pitch to get them to stay. I want Richt to take a Saban-like dog approach with those players and make it all but impossible for them to leave. Instead it seems like this team is being run like a subway.

It's suspicious? What's suspicious about guys leaving?

You say it would have been easy to convince them to stay. How do know what it would have taken to get them to stay?

And Sabag has more attrition than anyone. So use a different example. Good effort though.

When I read things like this being quoted from an NFL scout on Kaaya...

"Third-year junior started all 38 games (22-16). “He’s OK,” said one scout. “It sets me back when the coaches are excited he’s leavin’.” Finished as the Hurricanes’ all-time leading passer."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...cks/100736988/

I start wondering what the fvck is going on. From the time of that quote we've done nothing but continue to shed more players. I'm getting a Jews fleeing Egypt type of vibe here. And Kaayak is their Moses.

Trolling? I hope so.

It was pretty common knowledge that Rick didn't try to convince Kaaya to stay. He must think he can do better with a different QB.

Did Odogwu play this year? He might get a 6th year.

Would be pretty funny to see Linder and Odogwu as backups for UCLA next season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back