Nick Linder leaves Miami program

Advertisement
If Linda didn't quit in the ND game, he absolutely should have quit after that game. Self-inventory is a valuable tool.

Uh, Rok is without a doubt.

Well not just Linder I guess, but all these transfers. Willis and Haskins are the only guys who would've even played any significant snaps.

I'll take Gaynor, who is a weight room beast, over Linder at Center anyday.

I'm not trying to say that at all. This roster is more than adequate but it would be nice to have some of these guys still here, particularly those who were entering their senior year who have no bearing on our numbers for 2018. If you really believe that losing guys like Linder, Odogwu, Courtel and replacing them with true freshmen makes us better in 2017 then I might disagree. The ideal thing would be for these seniors to lose thier job but stick around as seasoned vets and keep the competition fierce. Who is pushing Homer? Pushing Irvin? Pushing Herbert, Gaynor, Bethel? We are going to be more than fine but to imply that we're somehow better today with Linder off the team is stupid in principal.
We are absolutely better without Linder as a Starter, how much better would it make us if he were a backup?

He was nothing but a liability on the field, when Gall took his job last year the line significantly improved.

Linder was terrible, so what difference does it make if he's not on the team?

Here is my concern with losing Linder: our lack of depth at TE.

What happens if 1 or 2 OL get hurt (very possible), and the backup gets his isht pushed in? Under normal circumstances, we would likely help out with a TE, but we are dangerously low at that position too.

The sky isn't falling, yet. But we are a few injuries away from potentially having to change our whole offensive scheme to mask deficiencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every single team in D1 Football is a few injuries away from having a disastrous season.

The injury argument is based on the idea that if we have any injuries we're going to be worse off, well yeah that's how the game works.

If Gauthier got injured & Linder became the starter, would that suddenly make Linder a better player?

He would've just been an awful Center coming in to start & play bad again.

I agree that losing Haskins was definitely significant to TE depth, as I've said from the very beginning.

But this argument losing Linder means anything other than he just simply sucks is asinine to be honest.

You all are making something very simple more complicated than it actually is, he's not good & he's not just not good, but he's ****in horrendous. I dare anybody to dispute that.

Losing a terrible player is somehow a detriment to the team? Lol

I watched some clips of Linder last night - I will admit, he looked really bad. Worse than I remembered (I was at the ND game sitting in the end zone, and never watched the replay on tv after the loss - didn't realize how bad he hurt us there).

He did start every game as a sophomore though, and was being talked about by lots of scouts as a mid-round pick. Many said the injuries hurt his production last season.

I still think we are a better team with him on the roster, but he looked bad. Esp in that FAU clip you pointed out.

People thought Gall was the worst player on the team before those last few games, he turned out to be decent when we needed him. Would have been a shame had he transferred before his senior season because he didn't win a starting job. Losing Linder has no positive effect on the team for 2017, nor is it the end of the world by any means.

Because Gall was more than likely playing outta position His whole time here, or at least till Linder went down.

Look I realize it's August and everyone thinks we're going 15-0 without allowing a single yard but at some point you people have to think impartially and ponder what you're saying.

Nothing is lost by having Linder, Odogwu, Jenkins, Edwards, Willis, Yearby still here competing. Admit that their departure has made the roster slightly weaker or I'm initiating the ignore user protocol.
Put me on Ignore then Rok.

Gus Edwards was/is complete GARBAGE.

I don't think Edwards is very good. That said, I'd rather have Gus as our 3rd string RB than Gray.

Advertisement
People thought Gall was the worst player on the team before those last few games, he turned out to be decent when we needed him. Would have been a shame had he transferred before his senior season because he didn't win a starting job. Losing Linder has no positive effect on the team for 2017, nor is it the end of the world by any means.

Because Gall was more than likely playing outta position His whole time here, or at least till Linder went down.

Look I realize it's August and everyone thinks we're going 15-0 without allowing a single yard but at some point you people have to think impartially and ponder what you're saying.

Nothing is lost by having Linder, Odogwu, Jenkins, Edwards, Willis, Yearby still here competing. Admit that their departure has made the roster slightly weaker or I'm initiating the ignore user protocol.

I don't think Edwards is very good. That said, I'd rather have Gus as our 3rd string RB than Gray.

I would rather have Gus than Gray, but I want everyone to think for a second. We we worried about our LB's like crazy and the DB during last camp. Now it's depth, all I am saying and I agree with LCE , Chise and many more. He did not deserve to be here. Let's see if Mahoney is better, Dallas might surprise us at Rb as the 3rd string, Maybe Pat Bethel makes us forget about Willis. I am not saying all of this will happen, but I am saying we don't know how guys will perform when the lights come on. Give some of our young pups a chance to shine.

Why all the negative comments? The kid has never recovered from his initial injury, and most likely played hurt majority of the time last year. I assessed, he's trying to get healthy enough to play full time. He has observed the talent of the young OL, and realized the best chance to get solid film for NFL scouts is to transfer. I wish him well, and wished he was healthy enough to compete this year.

I wouldn't.

Advertisement
Why all the negative comments? The kid has never recovered from his initial injury, and most likely played hurt majority of the time last year. I assessed, he's trying to get healthy enough to play full time. He has observed the talent of the young OL, and realized the best chance to get solid film for NFL scouts is to transfer. I wish him well, and wished he was healthy enough to compete this year.

Because real UM fans don't look at UM as a vehicle for some scrub to compile better film for some ill-fated NFL dream. I'm tired of shytbag fans justifying weasel behavior by acting like UM is here to be some sort of professional minor league organization whose only purpose is to get as much film as possible on the reel for scrubs.

We hate those who do UM dirty.

I am all about the best man plays regardless of experience. However, a coach better know how to manage a roster or there will be no depth. Seems like there has been a trend of upperclassmen with game experience bouncing the program.

I am all about the best man plays regardless of experience. However, a coach better know how to manage a roster or there will be no depth. Seems like there has been a trend of upperclassmen with game experience bouncing the program.

A lot of upperclassmen who didnt do shît in those games too.

Yearby, Odogwu, Jenkins, Willis, Haskins would have all been running with the 2s and playing quite a bit.

Linder and Edwards perhaps not as much but they've each left a void like the aforementioned five.

Advertisement

Yearby, Odogwu, Jenkins, Willis, Haskins would have all been running with the 2s and playing quite a bit.

Linder and Edwards perhaps not as much but they've each left a void like the aforementioned five.

Odogwu was garbage. Jenkins had 4.5 tackles for loss last year and 3 of them was vs bethune. Haskins never even played and was learning the te spot.

Who are the upperclassmen who left who ever accomplished anything here?

Odogwu is the starting RT at UCLA. We're now depending on rookies Herbert and Brown if anything happens to the 1s.

Jenkins had a sack in the bowl game and played about the same amount of snaps as Willis.

These guys could've helped us. That's really all I'm trying to say but you people are relentless in your stance that because they left they never had value to begin with. Fine.

Advertisement

Odogwu was garbage. Jenkins had 4.5 tackles for loss last year and 3 of them was vs bethune. Haskins never even played and was learning the te spot.

Odogwu was solid depth. Judging your nose tackles by TFL is a slippery slope.

Odogwu is the starting RT at UCLA. We're now depending on rookies Herbert and Brown if anything happens to the 1s.

Jenkins had a sack in the bowl game and played about the same amount of snaps as Willis.

These guys could've helped us. That's really all I'm trying to say but you people are relentless in your stance that because they left they never had value to begin with. Fine.

Malcolm bunche started at ucla too.

Odogwu was solid depth. Judging your nose tackles by TFL is a slippery slope.

This scheme is all about getting upfield being disruptive so it matters.

We've lost 15 players to unnecessary early draft declarations and transfers and not one has fazed a single one of you guys

Advertisement
Back