NFL HOF Announcement Tonight - Hester, Andre + Reggie

Advertisement
If Torrey Holt didn't get in, Reggie Wayne isn't (I think they both should be, but just saying how it is)
Marvin Harrison didn't get in on the first ballot, Andre will get in. But it'll be next year.
Hester is going to have trouble getting in. Returners only is a very slippery slope.

Andre is 1000% in, probably next year. Reggie is most likely in at some point. Hester is 50/50. None of this should be shocking to anyone, honestly. If you know the history of the voting.
I say this as an admitted full blown homer.

How do you say that a guy who is without argument far and away the very best to ever play his position in the NFL is a 50/50 shot to be a HOF. I think you are correct for the record, but I just don't understand it. right guard isnt the most **** position in the NFL and I have no idea who the best right guard in NFL history is but you can bet he is in the HOF. Hester had such an enormous impact on the game, he is a sure fire HOF in my book, cane or not.

Weakest HOF class I can remember

Bryant Young should have to buy a ticket to get into Canton. He has 4 pro-bowls and 1 all-pro.
Leroy Butler is buns. He only had 4 good seasons.

Disagree regarding Butler.

He’s right in the range for HOF’ers per the Pro Football Reference tracking tool.

F3028C79-4586-490F-8A79-00AA45E8807E.jpeg

Weakest HOF class I can remember

Bryant Young should have to buy a ticket to get into Canton. He has 4 pro-bowls and 1 all-pro.
Leroy Butler is buns. He only had 4 good seasons.

Young has a weaker case than Butler. Probably a slight reach.

However, him getting in could also bode well for Vince.

B0F96707-D149-4B53-9264-A24095D68E63.jpeg

Advertisement

How do you say that a guy who is without argument far and away the very best to ever play his position in the NFL is a 50/50 shot to be a HOF. I think you are correct for the record, but I just don't understand it. right guard isnt the most **** position in the NFL and I have no idea who the best right guard in NFL history is but you can bet he is in the HOF. Hester had such an enormous impact on the game, he is a sure fire HOF in my book, cane or not.

Yeah, I agree 100%. The best of everything is in. The best returner should be as well. I just don't think a lot of voters share this opinion. I think eventually he probably gets in. But it's not surprising at all to me that he isn't yet.

This is insane

I’ll be honest; this is by far one of the worst HOF classes ever. This is list full of Hall of Good. I’m no Dolphins fan, but it’s an absolute travesty that ZT is not in. I’m good w/ Seymour, but the rest? I mean, I can make an argument for Boseli, since his career was cut short from a botched surgery & he was the one of the best, if not the best T his entire healthy career, but come on! This class is weak af.

Advertisement

He literally changes a football game by being on the field. Do we kick it to him? Do we squib it? Do we just kick it out of bounds? Lol can you imagine the Special Teams game prep going into the week you played him? 😂

Advertisement
How? Dude’s been to 4 pro bowls in a 15 yr career. That’s not HOF status, bro, that’s Hall of Good.

He was 3x all pro. Same amount as Stallworth and 3x more than Swann. 100 yards less than Stallworth. 3k more than Swann. 400 less yards than Biletnikoff. Fred was 6x all pro. Branch was elite in the era

Advertisement
I’ll be honest; this is by far one of the worst HOF classes ever. This is list full of Hall of Good. I’m no Dolphins fan, but it’s an absolute travesty that ZT is not in. I’m good w/ Seymour, but the rest? I mean, I can make an argument for Boseli, since his career was cut short from a botched surgery & he was the one of the best, if not the best T his entire healthy career, but come on! This class is weak af.
As a Panthers fan I can tell you Sam Mills got in on sentimentality. By all accounts a great dude, but only a very good football player.

It is what it is - political af.

Advertisement
Back