NFL HOF Announcement Tonight - Hester, Andre + Reggie

Advertisement
So should Thomas

I don’t know about first ballot, but he should absolutely get in and I would guess that next year will be his year.

326C5752-5E5B-48F2-A743-4A062B83513C.jpeg

Advertisement
How? Dude’s been to 4 pro bowls in a 15 yr career. That’s not HOF status, bro, that’s Hall of Good.
Branch is HOF. You need to factor in his era, like any ‘senior’ inductee. He was a Top 2-3 deep threat in his time.

The Hall of Dudes that Played in the League at some point…

Bro; they scraped the bottom of the barrel to keep deserving guys out. Like how do u put in Branch over AJ & Wayne?? How do u put in Mills over Zach??! How do u put in LeRoy Butler over Hester? They said this dude Butler was instrumental in making The Lambeau leap famous?! Lol. That’s really under his profile per ESPN. FOH.

I need someone to make this make sense. Between MLB HOF letting in Big Papi (who was involved in the steroid scandal & tested positive), but keeping out Bonds & Clemons who were implicated, but HOFers prior to, & now this…I think I’m good on these HOF voters. It’s a sham…let’s just say it’s the hall of who we like based upon our subjectivity.

Branch is HOF. You need to factor in his era, like any ‘senior’ inductee. He was a Top 2-3 deep threat in his time.

Why is Foreman not in? What about Craig? What about OJ (Otis Anderson) ? If Branch played on The LA Rams, Phoenix Cardinals, Tampa Bay Bucs during this time w/ these same stats, I promise u he don’t get in.

Edit: let me just say, I don’t agree w/ Branch getting in over AJ, Wayne, or Holt.

Advertisement
5 of the 6 players that were elected this year were all NFL Decade players. Some might say that is a weak class but All Decade is pretty darn good.

The only player that was not was Sam Mills.
Ordinarily that's a good indicator, but the only reason Young and Butler even got the pub they did as players is because of the franchises they played for in the 90's. You take Butler off those Packers teams and replace him with an average guy, they still have the same success. Same for Young on the 49ers. You put Young on a perennial loser like the Seahawks teams Cortez Kennedy was on, I doubt he has the same success. The only reason Butler got the pub he got is because he's beloved in Green Bay and created the Lambeau Leap. He's a fatter, less athletic Carnell Lake.

If imma be honest, a lot of ppl had a problem w/ Swann getting in. If he didn’t play for Pittsburgh, or make that infamous catch, he wouldn’t get the love he gets. I feel that’s the same as Branch w/ The Raiders. Was he even on The NFL top 100?
Swann shouldn't be in.

Joe Namath is a joke. Dude was a legit below average QB in the hall. It's a hall of mirrors.

Advertisement
Why is Foreman not in? What about Craig? What about OJ (Otis Anderson) ? If Branch played on The LA Rams, Phoenix Cardinals, Tampa Bay Bucs during this time w/ these same stats, I promise u he don’t get in.
Maybe they will get in. Roger Craig is definitely overlooked. A GREAT all-purpose back, a precursor to Marshall Faulk.

The HOF always inducts a ‘senior’ player, or two, someone overlooked. As they should. Two years ago Packer G Jerry Kramer was inducted. How he was missed shocked me. He was a mainstay on the Lombardi teams..

Branch was missed, as was Stabler. Branch was dominant at a time when you could play physical against WRs all the way down the field. In an era when the running game was a focal point, not an afterthought. Still held the league career record for playoff receptions and receiving yards.

I’ll claim Branch was overlooked because he played for the Raiders, on a team with HOF talents like Shell, Upshaw, Bilenitikoff, Casper, Willie Brown, and our own Ted Hendricks.

In today’s patty-cake defensive era Branch would be deadly and almost illegal.

Last edited:
Ordinarily that's a good indicator, but the only reason Young and Butler even got the pub they did as players is because of the franchises they played for in the 90's. You take Butler off those Packers teams and replace him with an average guy, they still have the same success. Same for Young on the 49ers. You put Young on a perennial loser like the Seahawks teams Cortez Kennedy was on, I doubt he has the same success. The only reason Butler got the pub he got is because he's beloved in Green Bay and created the Lambeau Leap. He's a fatter, less athletic Carnell Lake.

Butler’s numbers are right around HOF worthy. I get people liking or not agreeing with him getting into the hall.

As far as Young, even with a brutal leg injury we’re he had a metal rod put into his leg i think during his 5th season he still came back and I believe he was 4th all time in sacks for a dt when he retired from the game. His first 7 or so seasons he might of been the best dt in the game at that time.

Advertisement
You talking about college. Megatron was that much better In the pros. Agree on Dre - he just didn’t have that cache because he didn’t have the nickname but he was physically dominating.
Rolle had a quiet but solid NFL career. 26 picks, 5 TDs, a few Pro Bowls and a pair 2nd team All-Pro nods. Moving to FS from CB was good move. Most importantly, a Super Bowl ring after signing with the NYG. Was awesome to see he and Kenny Phillips as the starting safeties in the SB.

Alright help me out, what are our chances of having the most HOFs in the next 5-8 years or so? Right now we have 8. Notre Dame and USC both have 13.

We have:
Wayne
Andre
Hester
Frank Gore is a lock
Wilfork
Greg Olsen
Jimmy Graham (does he have a shot? He was so dominant for like 2-3 years with NO but the rest of his career was average)
Calais Campbell

Who else is possible?

Alright help me out, what are our chances of having the most HOFs in the next 5-8 years or so? Right now we have 8. Notre Dame and USC both have 13.

We have:
Wayne
Andre
Hester
Frank Gore is a lock
Wilfork
Greg Olsen
Jimmy Graham (does he have a shot? He was so dominant for like 2-3 years with NO but the rest of his career was average)
Calais Campbell

Who else is possible?
No Cane is a lock for the HoF. Olsen absolutely isn't getting in btw.

Wilfork almost certainly won't either even though he was a force of nature.

Advertisement
Back