NFL HOF Announcement Tonight - Hester, Andre + Reggie

i910h81sva821.jpg

But I'm supposed to believe the people that vote for the HOF actually have real knowledge of Football??.... Freaking Joke...
#LETZACHIN.........

Advertisement
Maybe they will get in. Roger Craig is definitely overlooked. A GREAT all-purpose back, a precursor to Marshall Faulk.

The HOF always inducts a ‘senior’ player, or two, someone overlooked. As they should. Two years ago Packer G Jerry Kramer was inducted. How he was missed shocked me. He was a mainstay on the Lombardi teams..

Branch was missed, as was Stabler. Branch was dominant at a time when you could play physical against WRs all the way down the field. In an era when the running game was a focal point, not an afterthought. Still held the league career record for playoff receptions and receiving yards.

I’ll claim Branch was overlooked because he played for the Raiders, on a team with HOF talents like Shell, Upshaw, Bilenitikoff, Casper, Willie Brown, and our own Ted Hendricks.

In today’s patty-cake defensive era Branch would be deadly and almost illegal.

The hate on Branch has to stop. Haters

Richard Seymour is a cuck and it's a joke none of us got in tonight but he did. At the very least Reggie should've got in. Devin will but it's the returner label that slows that down. Dre is a discussion point but with the trends of players that are now getting in no discussion is necessary.
Seymour was first team all decade. That pretty much guarantees induction.

Bro; they scraped the bottom of the barrel to keep deserving guys out. Like how do u put in Branch over AJ & Wayne?? How do u put in Mills over Zach??! How do u put in LeRoy Butler over Hester? They said this dude Butler was instrumental in making The Lambeau leap famous?! Lol. That’s really under his profile per ESPN. FOH.

I need someone to make this make sense. Between MLB HOF letting in Big Papi (who was involved in the steroid scandal & tested positive), but keeping out Bonds & Clemons who were implicated, but HOFers prior to, & now this…I think I’m good on these HOF voters. It’s a sham…let’s just say it’s the hall of who we like based upon our subjectivity.
It’s a bunch of crap that none of our guys got voted in this year. I read a couple predictions thinking Wayne and Holt go in together this year and possibly Hester.

Advertisement
Seymour was first team all decade. That pretty much guarantees induction.
He was first team blah simply because he was the defensive leader of old Billy's patriots. For me he wasn't ever top 5 one year to the next. He wasn't even the best lineman on his own squad.

View attachment 177497
But I'm supposed to believe the people that vote for the HOF actually have real knowledge of Football??.... Freaking Joke...
#LETZACHIN.........
It’s optics and Urlacher was the second best MLB behind the GOAT during his career. Sure, the stats line up in the aggregate but Urlacher nearly won 2 DPOY, he anchored some of the best defenses of that time. Zach was a great player and I think he should get in but that comparison just doesn’t do it justice.

He was first team blah simply because he was the defensive leader of old Billy's patriots. For me he wasn't ever top 5 one year to the next. He wasn't even the best lineman on his own squad.
Well you hit the nail on the head there, he was the leader on a dynasty and won 3 rings. That will go a long way.

Advertisement
Bro; they scraped the bottom of the barrel to keep deserving guys out. Like how do u put in Branch over AJ & Wayne?? How do u put in Mills over Zach??! How do u put in LeRoy Butler over Hester? They said this dude Butler was instrumental in making The Lambeau leap famous?! Lol. That’s really under his profile per ESPN. FOH.

I need someone to make this make sense. Between MLB HOF letting in Big Papi (who was involved in the steroid scandal & tested positive), but keeping out Bonds & Clemons who were implicated, but HOFers prior to, & now this…I think I’m good on these HOF voters. It’s a sham…let’s just say it’s the hall of who we like based upon our subjectivity.

In fairness, Branch comes from a different process (Senior Committee). He was not going head-to-head with modern players.

When I was growing up, I idolized Branch and Biletnikoff. I could never figure out why Branch wasn't in there earlier.

As for baseball and "steroids", that is a different issue that I'm not touching. Football is not wrestling with the same issue, but there are other "standards" issues to deal with. Such as the almost total exclusion of kickers and punters and special teamers. And very few tight ends.

Last edited:
I basically can't let this one go.

If Bryant Young and Richard Seymour were Raiders, are they all-decade? HOF?

If Leroy Butler doesn't Lambeau Leap, is he?

Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson are near the very top of their positional craft. Wayne had the benefit of a terrific QB, Dre did not. Torry Holt was excellent too, not looking to shortchange him.

Hester is the top of his position. No one compares.

This class is a sham.

Gore won't get in for 15 years. No rings, no all pros will kill his chances. His real hope is Elliot and and Henry retiring in a couple of years, and them getting in the hall with 10k rushing yards and 14k scrimmage yards.

Advertisement
Shannon Sharpe just said, regarding Stafford HOF Chatter, “I used to think I knew what a HOFer was, & then I see Derrick Thomas not get in on his 1st ballot; then I see Devin Hester, who’s the greatest returner. Skip, if u were the greatest at anything, I don’t care that ‘well we never put a returner in, or this guy….If u’re the greatest, there’s no debating who’s the greatest return man in NFL history is!”

Sharpe is speaking truth; and I also think he’s a bit bitter that his brother is not in, but now Boseli is in. The knock on Sterling was his “short career”, but Tony had a short career. Sterling was considered one of the best at his position & one of the best in the NFL, period, during his 7 yr career. Hester kept out when he changed the game.

Again, the HOF is based upon who is liked & not liked. This Stafford talk is wild.

Shannon Sharpe just said, regarding Stafford HOF Chatter, “I used to think I knew what a HOFer was, & then I see Derrick Thomas not get in on his 1st ballot; then I see Devin Hester, who’s the greatest returner. Skip, if u were the greatest at anything, I don’t care that ‘well we never put a returner in, or this guy….If u’re the greatest, there’s no debating who’s the greatest return man in NFL history is!”

Sharpe is speaking truth; and I also think he’s a bit bitter that his brother is not in, but now Boseli is in. The knock on Sterling was his “short career”, but Tony had a short career. Sterling was considered one of the best at his position & one of the best in the NFL, period, during his 7 yr career. Hester kept out when he changed the game.

Again, the HOF is based upon who is liked & not liked. This Stafford talk is wild.
I like Stafford. I like his career. He's not HOF.

Sterling Sharpe was 100% HOF-bound. He just got hurt. Do with that what you will in terms of HOF.

Stop punishing guys for being returners, kickers, and punters. It's part of the game. If you were best in class over a 20 year period (Hester is best in class, period!), then you should be in the hall.

This also includes Vince as a nose tackle. Best in class at his time.

Advertisement
I like Stafford. I like his career. He's not HOF.

Sterling Sharpe was 100% HOF-bound. He just got hurt. Do with that what you will in terms of HOF.

Stop punishing guys for being returners, kickers, and punters. It's part of the game. If you were best in class over a 20 year period (Hester is best in class, period!), then you should be in the hall.

This also includes Vince as a nose tackle. Best in class at his time.

Of course I’m a Bears fan, but I respected the **** out of Sterling. He had a 7 yr career, 5 of which was spent on a Pro Bowl Roster, & it would’ve been 6 had not the neck injury.

The talk for best receiver in the NFL was between Rice, Sharpe, & Playmaker, only, during this period. If guys like Boseli, Sayers, & Davis got in, Sterling definitely should be in. The problem w/ Sterling is he was reserved, didn’t care too much for the media, & wasn’t fan engaged. THAT’s why he’s not in.

Stafford has more losses than wins as a QB, one pro bowl nod, no all pro mentions. He led the league in ints this season. He’s in an era w/ inflated QB #’s b/c we’re in the era of passing the ball. This is the antithesis of a HOFer! BUT, I feel he’s going to get the Joe Namath treatment, a guy who’s polarizing b/c of his arm talent, 1st pick overall, that’s likable by the media, and now is a SB champ.

Advertisement
Back