NFL HOF Announcement Tonight - Hester, Andre + Reggie

Advertisement
Top 10 receiver all time- Yes
Take him over Jerry Rice - No

In fairness to Johnson, he had the worst starting qb's and back up qb's throwing the ball to him throughout his career. Every other receiver with his production at least had some hall of fame qb's, all pro qb's, or pro bowl type qb's slinging the ball at some point. Look up Johnson's qb's and it will make you shake your head in disgust.
You put Dre the on those teams Rice was in and he’s in the same convo as he is as far as All time greats are concerned

In fairness to Johnson, he had the worst starting qb's and back up qb's throwing the ball to him throughout his career. Every other receiver with his production at least had some hall of fame qb's, all pro qb's, or pro bowl type qb's slinging the ball at some point. Look up Johnson's qb's and it will make you shake your head in disgust.
He had better stats than some WRs that played with HOF QBs. Johnson is a HOFer for sure.

Advertisement
I hope 2 of those 3 get in. Personally I hope Hester gets in. Doubt it but that would eliminate any doubt about his legacy.

All three should get in with Zach Thomas, Richard Seymour, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, and Torry Holt.

All of them are first ballot guys.

Advertisement

Yep. Same thing with Santana. Played with horrible qb’s. With a better qb those guys put up crazy numbers. But still not takin Dre over Rice lol Isn’t Rice still the all time td leader ? lol

Advertisement
I skipped this whole thread once I read a doubt on big Vince. He is and will be in the HOF at some point. If not then dare I use the term I can't effin stand.
Racist!

Yep. Same thing with Santana. Played with horrible qb’s. With a better qb those guys put up crazy numbers. But still not takin Dre over Rice lol Isn’t Rice still the all time td leader ? lol
Rice is still all time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TD's. And yes, he is still all time leader for total TD's (receivers and running backs). I know Rice had luxury of Montana and Young throwing to him for majority of his career, but Rice was one of the hardest working receivers to ever play the game. From route running, hands, speed, difficult catches....Rice was a machine. He was going to be good wherever he played. Now, I love Andre Johnson, but I cannot honestly say he was better than Jerry Rice.

Hester being a finalist in 1st year of eligibility is outstanding...has never happened before to a primary ST player.
That in itself shows he will be a HOF player...just not 1st ballot.

Some are surprised that Big Vince wasn't a first year finalist.

I met Hester’s folks at The Bears vs Raiders game back in 2006. Hester had 2 TDs taken away from blown calls. Then the NFL took away the ST Pro Bowl bid for several yrs when Hester was an automatic lock, just to re-establish it yrs later. Hester would have at least 10 more TDs under his belt if holding calls, blocking schemes weren’t changed by the NFL TO STOP HIM. He would have at least 3 more pro bowl nods if the NFL didn’t take it away b/c HE WAS AN AUTO LOCK. The fact he changed the game is why he’s in The HOF.

I’m not sure if he makes it in today, but he better make it in tomorrow. I’m speaking as a pure FB fan & not a Miami / Bears homer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back