Nfl free agency thread

If you're not double teaming Davante Adams and leaving those other scrubs 1on1 you're doing it wrong. Same with the Saints and Michael Thomas last year.

Advertisement
Because they always have at that position. Kelly Jennings didn’t do much. antrel rolle was a great pro but ended up switching to safety. Philip Buchanan was an okay but not great. In terms of db Miami always has produced more quality safeties compared to the cb position
Like you said. We haven't really had a great turnout in the league at CB. Rolle went to safety early in his career and probably the only guys prior to him to have shelf life at the position was Ryan McNeil and Duane Starks.

Rookie running back contracts should only be 2 yr deal max to give them an opportunity to make some guaranteed money before they get ran to the ground by the team that drafts them. Then they can just keep getting short term contracts with guaranteed money until it’s time to hang em up.
Something should be done for the position. It's a known fact that it doesn't have the life span that other positions do.

As for this RB mileage argument, a few years ago fantasy research was done that found no correlation between prior workload and injuries. Instead it's projected workload that's a strong indicator for injuries. It makes sense because you assume guys are healthy and fresh going into a season but excess workloads increase exposure to injury risk and cause wear and tear, compensation issues and such. Obviously backs with arthritis like Gurley or Ajayi are a different story but when Ajayi was drafted it was assumed that he wouldn't last past his rookie deal.

Yep. If a guy was a durable workhorse in college, that’s a good thing.

Parcells used to say that the most important thing in scouting RBs is production. Obviously, that goes deeper than just getting the NCAA leading rushers, but the best RBs usually dominate at every level.

Look at the five best backs in the league right now:

Derrick Henry (Heisman)
Christian McCaffrey (AP Offensive POY)
Ezekiel Ellliot (Big Ten POY)
Dalvin Cook (two-time first team AA)

Nick Chubb had a tougher road because of his knee injury, but he was a phenom as a freshman and helped carry UGA to the SEC Championship as a senior.

When guys like Jonathan Taylor and AJ Dillon put up monster careers and dominate in the combine, it should raise eyebrows.

Advertisement
CEH is not as special as McCaffrey but he is awesome.

Great receiver, always makes the first guy miss, excellent balance. Rave reviews on character, too. He’s an easy second rounder in a really good RB class.
LSU RB are trash at the next level. These guys get so much hype for playing behind big time OL on the college level and playing in the SEC. Pretty much sums up all SEC schools in general.

Dude will be on the free agent market in Madden 2022 base roster.

I agree. Taylor is still being underrated nationally. This guy is the most productive back in the draft, the most explosive athlete, he’s big, physical and durable.

Backs like Taylor and Dillon might not make you miss, but they don’t need to. I didn’t see Tennessee, Baltimore or San Francisco’s backs making people miss and they ran all over everyone.
I don't think he is being underrated. He's a Wisconsin RB that has put up a ton of yards like all the others before him. None of them have ever been worth a draft pick imo.

RB don't hold much of a value in the draft or contracts and i think a Wisconsin RB is even a below that.

I don't think he is being underrated. He's a Wisconsin RB that has put up a ton of yards like all the others before him. None of them have ever been worth a draft pick imo.

RB don't hold much of a value in the draft or contracts and i think a Wisconsin RB is even a below that.
I agree Most wisconsin rbs are trash in the league historically, however I got To wait and see on Taylor. Big difference between him and the other Wisconsin rbs is how athletic and fast he is

Last edited:
Advertisement
Taylor ran the same 40 as Saquon, weighs 5 lbs less than Saquon did entering the Draft, and ran the same 20 yard shuttle. The only noticeable difference is his vertical is 5 inches shorter than Saquon's, but that's not really a trait RBs need in the NFL.

I think Taylor will be a beast in the NFL.

Advertisement

James White and Melvin Gordon are good NFL backs, and they don’t have Taylor’s talent.

If you looked at his athletic numbers and his production without knowing where he went to school, you would say first rounder. He makes 20 yard gains into 60 yard gains because the speed is real.

Advertisement
I’ve been studying tape of the RB crop and I think Swift and Taylor are the clear cut top two RBs. Dobbins tape doesn’t seem to have the same amount of insane “wow” type runs as those two backs, but he’s consistent.

Not sure why Dillon doesn’t get more hype, especially after the Combine.

Darrynton Evans is a really good sleeper in this class, Florida boy from Oak Hill.

5'10 203lbs running a 4.41 & was a productive back at App St.

He could be a good value 3rd/4th round pick & be a nice addition to a RB committee.

Lol @ carolina trading their only star. They have sh*t behind him and he doesnt come off of the field. HE'S GONNA GET PAID. This would be the draft they should look for someone in the middle rounds though

Leonard Fornette is an run of the mill nfl rb. He wont fetch much.
Dude posting 1000 yards rushing and a 1000 receiving, but panthers should get rid of him? Lol asinine

Advertisement
Back