Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement
James White and Melvin Gordon are good NFL backs, and they don’t have Taylor’s talent.

If you looked at his athletic numbers and his production without knowing where he went to school, you would say first rounder. He makes 20 yard gains into 60 yard gains because the speed is real.
Gordon has had one season where he has played 16 games. One season in which he has ever gone over 3.9 yards a carry and one season ever producing a 1000 yards. Definitely wasn't worth a 1st round pick.

White is ok but is a niche' player. On almost any other team he wouldn't probably be in the NFL at this moment.

If you looked at Gordon without knowing which college team he played for, you would think future HoF. Gordon owns NCAA, Big 10 and plenty of Wisconsin rushing record. That's with one season splitting time with White and a record breaking season with Clement.

Taylor has never had to split time in 3 years. The most yards a back had with Taylor is 545 yards. In Gordon's final season in which he ran for 2587 yards the 3rd string back had more yards with 576. 2014 is also the last season Wisconsin had a top 25 offense with an 8th ranked ypp offense at 6.77.

Taylor is slightly faster in the 40 but they are pretty much even in all test. I don't know where you get Taylor is more talented from. Taylor doesn't have a single season or game which tops Gordon. I think most Cane fans are in love because he blasted the **** out of our defense two years in a row.

Wisconsin is a system in which gaping holes are alive and well have been since Alvarez took over in 1990. Wisconsin has had 5 seasons in which a back ran for 2000 yard and a grand total of 100 yards from having 2 more seasons of 2000 yards or more. I guess guys are waiting on an anomaly like Patrick Mahomes from Texas Tech. Finally out of all the TT QB that were putting up huge numbers under Leech and Kingsbury a QB finally did something in the NFL.

He may do something and i maybe totally wrong but running through a 6 lane open highway in college doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Jameis still has Denver and Jacksonville as good spots to compete to start.
Jacksonville should be an ideal spot for Jameis or Pittsburgh where he sits behind Big Ben for another year or 2 and be groomed for that job. I think Denver likes drew lock

Advertisement
Both are rolling with their young ones at QB.

Of course. And Tennessee was rolling with Mariota. The point is you go to a team with a shaky young QB and wind up starting more games than not.

Jacksonville should be an ideal spot for Jameis or Pittsburgh where he sits behind Big Ben for another year or 2 and be groomed for that job. I think Denver likes drew lock

Jacksonville has underrated WRs too. Chark would blow up with Winston.

Jameis still has Denver and Jacksonville as good spots to compete to start.
Living in this city, I can tell you that Jacksonville is all in on Minshew being the starter. I doubt Jameis would be interested in coming in as a backup. Also, he would be a horrible fit for Jay Gruden. That's a match truly made in ****. Stranger things have happened, but I just can't see Jameis in Duval.

Gordon has had one season where he has played 16 games. One season in which he has ever gone over 3.9 yards a carry and one season ever producing a 1000 yards. Definitely wasn't worth a 1st round pick.

White is ok but is a niche' player. On almost any other team he wouldn't probably be in the NFL at this moment.

If you looked at Gordon without knowing which college team he played for, you would think future HoF. Gordon owns NCAA, Big 10 and plenty of Wisconsin rushing record. That's with one season splitting time with White and a record breaking season with Clement.

Taylor has never had to split time in 3 years. The most yards a back had with Taylor is 545 yards. In Gordon's final season in which he ran for 2587 yards the 3rd string back had more yards with 576. 2014 is also the last season Wisconsin had a top 25 offense with an 8th ranked ypp offense at 6.77.

Taylor is slightly faster in the 40 but they are pretty much even in all test. I don't know where you get Taylor is more talented from. Taylor doesn't have a single season or game which tops Gordon. I think most Cane fans are in love because he blasted the **** out of our defense two years in a row.

Wisconsin is a system in which gaping holes are alive and well have been since Alvarez took over in 1990. Wisconsin has had 5 seasons in which a back ran for 2000 yard and a grand total of 100 yards from having 2 more seasons of 2000 yards or more. I guess guys are waiting on an anomaly like Patrick Mahomes from Texas Tech. Finally out of all the TT QB that were putting up huge numbers under Leech and Kingsbury a QB finally did something in the NFL.

He may do something and i maybe totally wrong but running through a 6 lane open highway in college doesn't cut it in the NFL.

I agree Wisconsin has a system that can make average RB's look great. Also think Gordon wasn't worth a 1st Rounder.

But athletic testing can filter out which Wisconsin RB's are worth taking a risk on, and Taylor is on a different level than any previous Wisc RB

1584970205301.png

Advertisement
Jags & Skins should just commit to the Lawrence/Fields tank now. Winston/Newton takes them out of that

Advertisement

Taylor is ten pounds heavier and much more explosive than Gordon, who himself is a two-time Pro Bowler behind a bad offensive line. James White is better than an OK player- he is a Super Bowl MVP who has averaged close to 70 catches over the past four seasons.

Evaluate the player, not the laundry. Mahomes is a good example. His helmet said Texas Tech. His physical talent and production said Pro Bowler. We know how that turned out.

Taylor is ten pounds heavier and much more explosive than Gordon, who himself is a two-time Pro Bowler behind a bad offensive line. James White is better than an OK player- he is a Super Bowl MVP who has averaged close to 70 catches over the past four seasons.

Evaluate the player, not the laundry. Mahomes is a good example. His helmet said Texas Tech. His physical talent and production said Pro Bowler. We know how that turned out.

Mahomes with Andy Reid was the key , Reid made Kolb,Feeley , Vick and Mcnabb look like pretty good passers. I’m not sure Mahomes looks like this if he’s drafted elsewhere. Everyone of those guys looked completely different at previous stops or after leaving.

As a Eagles fan I knew this was the one team / staff that would elevate him the year he sat.

Reid is the true definition of a qb whisperer.

Advertisement
Living in this city, I can tell you that Jacksonville is all in on Minshew being the starter. I doubt Jameis would be interested in coming in as a backup. Also, he would be a horrible fit for Jay Gruden. That's a match truly made in ****. Stranger things have happened, but I just can't see Jameis in Duval.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize Jay Gruden was the OC there. Theoretically Winston could play in that offense as he has the anticipation skills but it would be an odd fit to be sure.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize Jay Gruden was the OC there. Theoretically Winston could play in that offense as he has the anticipation skills but it would be an odd fit to be sure.
Good point regarding the style of offense that Gruden runs. I was speaking more so from a personality perspective, I think he and Gruden will clash drastically.

On the other hand, Adam Schefter mentioned this morning that Jameis will not be signed this year as a starter. Therefore, if he is willing to sign a backup deal, Duval may very well be in play, considering the location. FSU has a huge presence in Jax so those fans would be happy with the deal and he may be able to keep his "set up" in Tampa, considering it is only 3.5 hours away.

I don't know why i'm even going further. Your throwing out crap Pro Bowls and a SB MVP that a guy never won. Thinking that gives your claim legs. Then talking about Mahomes production at TT. His production was the standard coming from that program. Perhaps that the league is now along the lines of what TT QB have been doing for years and Mahomes hit at the right time. Which doesn't equal the same success for a RB coming from a program that has a 1990's offense in a pass happy league.

Stating Taylor is more explosive that Gordon but giving no substance of how your making that argument. Watching both of them in college and then going back and watching tape. Seeing there combine numbers and watching them at the combine. There is nothing that shows Taylor in that light. He isn't a Saquon Barkley type talent getting a slight from people.

Saquon is much more explosive/dynamic than both these guys and he didn't need 2000 yard seasons to prove it. Were sitting here debating over two very good college backs but they are not elite.

You can come back with your counter but i'm done talking about these dudes. We will see soon enough where were at on this topic.

Advertisement
Back