Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement

Arguably the best Center in the league retires at 29, big loss for the Cowboys.

Monster loss for that team.

Was on his way to a Hall of Fame career.

Curious how the Hall ends up viewing these shorter, dominant careers moving forward. Travis Frederick, Luke Kuechly, Rob Gronkowski, Patrick Willis.

All should be Hall of Famers...I think they'll all get in, but we are going to start seeing new thresholds.

Arguably the best Center in the league retires at 29, big loss for the Cowboys.

**** thats a blow. He did it at the right time...they'll be bale to draft or pick up some one now. But ****...the wear and tear on OL is too much..our days off still consist of hitting.

Advertisement
Jacksonville should be an ideal spot for Jameis or Pittsburgh where he sits behind Big Ben for another year or 2 and be groomed for that job. I think Denver likes drew lock

Not at all, brother. Jacksonville either found their QB in The Stache (highly unlikely, he started hot but was really bad by the end of the year)...or they are in full tank mode and will make a play for Lawrence, Fields, or whatever next year. We'll know more about Jacksonville when the draft comes around. They need to go all in on this rebuild and it seems they are. IMO, they should be real players in the Tua sweepstakes, but as of now, it seems they are punting on that spot this year. I've been a huge advocate for the Jaguars to draft Jalen Hurts in R2 or whatever. They have four picks in the Top 75, and could be more very soon if they get around to trading Yannick Ngakoue. They have a ton of picks (plus more if they trade Ngakoue) next year, too.

James White and Melvin Gordon are good NFL backs, and they don’t have Taylor’s talent.

If you looked at his athletic numbers and his production without knowing where he went to school, you would say first rounder. He makes 20 yard gains into 60 yard gains because the speed is real.
He' special, and I hope he's still around when the Dolphins pick in the bottom of the first.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El Jimmy Smith returns to the Ravens on an 1 year deal.

LFG!
Yessir. It was on a nice team friendly deal as well only 1 year $6mill with 3.5 being guaranteed & the rest incentive based.

It was pretty much a forgone conclusion he wasn't going to get a restructured deal due to his contract running out in 2020 & his 21mill in guaranteed money from his 2015 extension had already run out in bonuses.

They were okay with letting him hit the market, but Harbaugh & DeCosta had every intention on resigning him. I'm glad he's coming back, he's lost step at 31 but he's still a solid enough piece in the secondary with Humphrey & Peters.

Advertisement
I think Taylor is a better prospect by quite a bit. FWIW, I liked Dalvin Cook quite a bit coming out, too. Did not like Leonard Fournette.

Wouldn't take Taylor R1, but thats preference. I like AJ Dillon, too, which is funny since I think he's kind of like Fournette...I just think you can get him late Day 2, Day 3 and I'm cool with that versus Top 5 like Fournette went.

I think not drafting a RB in Round 1 and definitely not in the Top 5 is a good strategy. I just don't think it's a bad strategy if you do. Successful teams value some positions more than others, and build their teams all different types of ways.

The NFL is way too much of a copy cat league, and follows trends too much IMO. The "don't draft a RB in the 1st" is a holdover from when RB's 2009-2014 just weren't that good. The "you can find a RB in later rounds" is a product of how good the 2015-2018 RB drafts were. The 2019-2021 RB drafts aren't going to be near as deep. It's not that easy to get a true #1 RB outside of the first 2 Rounds, and really hard outside of the Top 100 picks.

I'm more of the "you just can't draft a total bust in the 1st Round" type of guy. RB's are safe bet in the 1st. They're MUCH safer than WR's in the 1st. That's why I think RB's aren't a bad pick in the 1st, and Taylor is worthy of a 1st.

Last edited:
I think not drafting a RB in Round 1 and definitely not in the Top 5 is a good strategy. I just don't think it's a bad strategy if you do. Successful teams value some positions more than others, and build their teams all different types of ways.

The NFL is way too much of a copy cat league, and follows trends too much IMO. The "don't draft a RB in the 1st" is a holdover from when RB's 2009-2014 just weren't that good. The "you can find a RB in later rounds" is a product of how good the 2015-2018 RB drafts were. 2019 -2021 RB drafts aren't going to be near as deep. It's not that easy to get a true #1 RB outside of the first 2 Rounds, and really hard outside of the Top 100 picks.

I'm more of the "you just can't draft a total bust in the 1st Round" type of guy. RB's are safe bet in the 1st. They're MUCH safer than WR's in the 1st. That's why I think RB's aren't a bad pick in the 1st, and Taylor is worthy of a 1st.

hope the fdolphins get him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back