Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement
Hypothetical Question -

If Tom Brady was drafted this year to the same Patriots squad and with Bill as HC, could he have close to the career he's had?

Byron Jones to the Dolphins. I love it, and you have to wonder if Xavien Howard gets shipped off to, say, Detroit or Washington for a trade up.

Howard took down all his Dolphins pics on IG.

Advertisement
Phins make Byron Jones highest paid corner... Hate this move. Did I read that right? 2 career ints???
His lack of INTs are because he's barely thrown at. I think Xavien Howard gets shipped off, if that lets us move up to #2 or #3 in the Draft this makes a ton of sense. I can't picture them locking up so much cap space with two corners.

Advertisement
His lack of INTs are because he's barely thrown at. I think Xavien Howard gets shipped off, if that lets us move up to #2 or #3 in the Draft this makes a ton of sense. I can't picture them locking up so much cap space with two corners.
Wayyy too much money. His only 2 ints came off a hail mary and a deflected pass at the LOS. That low of a number suggests his lack of playmaking abilities. He’s “good” but not highest paid corner good. Howard’s value is too low right now. We trade him and our pick, we lose that trade.

Hypothetical Question -

If Tom Brady was drafted this year to the same Patriots squad and with Bill as HC, could he have close to the career he's had?
We'll never know.

I was watching a documentary on Brady though - he's such an oddity. Yes, he was drafted in the 6th round - but everything about his college production suggested he absolutely should have been drafted much higher. Doubt we see the likes of him again.

Advertisement
Byron Jones to the Dolphins. I love it, and you have to wonder if Xavien Howard gets shipped off to, say, Detroit or Washington for a trade up.

Howard took down all his Dolphins pics on IG.
You guys paid him way to much lol. Two career interceptions

Advertisement
You guys paid him way to much lol. Two career interceptions
WhisperedCarelessGoose-small.gif

The Dolphins didn't overpay Jones, that was the market. $82.5M/5 years = $16.5M average per year.

The New York Giants whiffed on Jones, settled for James Bradberry, and gave him $45M/3 years = $15M average per year.

Comparing the two deals, it's actually a good deal for Miami or a horrible deal for the Giants. The cap will go up and so will salaries and Bradberry will get more money in 3 years from now, likely bringing his average at or higher than Jones, a far superior player.

Advertisement
Back