NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

No question he should have stayed, I think most of us on the board were of that opinion. He really had plenty of room to move up with another year, and not much farther to fall, apparently.

Advertisement
Feel bad for him, his stuck has definitely decreased after the season as many had speculated it would. It's a shame but it is what it is. I hope he gets picked in the 3rd or 4th round

He has a lot of potential to get better but right now he is a less athletic version of Chad Pennington. He doesn't have great arm strength and he has no confidence in it so he doesn't use it. He used it kinda late in the season which was nice to see but I think he just wanted to start his NFL paycheck. He would of really helped Perry and Allison on their development if he would of stayed by showing them what he sees on the field to find his receivers so open. I hope Allison was at least able to pick if brain before he left.

It's pretty clear at this point that CMR wanted to go in a different direction this season and didn't fight to keep BK around.

If Kaaya goes undrafted I will self impose a posting ban on myself for one week.

Advertisement
He's definitely good enough to be a second string QB. He'll stick around in the league for a while, and maybe even become a starter one day. Despite his lack of athleticism, his biggest problem is between his ears. If he gets over those demons, he can be decent.

Kaaya needs to go to a team that can teach the position and allow him time to get stronger

From Rotoworld:

Brad Kaaya - QB - Hurricanes
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah believes Miami QB Brad Kaaya "really struggles when forced off his spot."
That is not a good trait. Jeremiah notes when everything works, Kaaya looks good with a "firm base" and is accurate. As you all know, we care most about quarterbacks when they are pressured. This is not a good sign for the Miami Hurricane.

Basically, Jeremiah is seeing what we've been saying for years.

Glass half full: He gets drafted late to a team with great QB and conditioning coaches as a "future value" draft. He''s had ****-poor coaching while at the U. I see him flourishing in the right situation. Not a star, but decent. Good luck to him no matter what, we own him.

Advertisement
He missed a lot of wide open throws last year, even when there was no rush in his face. I am interested to see someone new behind center. I appreciate his time here, but hope we get a fiery leader that has the "it" factor that makes everyone around him better. Or sure who it will be, it it will be exciting in spring and summer camps.

Yes, he definitely has some maddening deficiencies (not being able to run for 4 or 5 yds), but I'm still not sure UM is better off by him leaving. Whoever starts, their third start is at the doak. Not calling a loss, but there's something to be said for a calm cool QB under center in hostile territory.

Hopefully this year's starter is calm cool and collected by f$u.

Advertisement
He has a lot of potential to get better but right now he is a less athletic version of Chad Pennington. He doesn't have great arm strength and he has no confidence in it so he doesn't use it. He used it kinda late in the season which was nice to see but I think he just wanted to start his NFL paycheck. He would of really helped Perry and Allison on their development if he would of stayed by showing them what he sees on the field to find his receivers so open. I hope Allison was at least able to pick if brain before he left.
if anyone thought he was a "Chad Pennington" he'd be a first round pick. I hope he finds a home.

Yes, he definitely has some maddening deficiencies (not being able to run for 4 or 5 yds), but I'm still not sure UM is better off by him leaving. Whoever starts, their third start is at the doak. Not calling a loss, but there's something to be said for a calm cool QB under center in hostile territory.

Hopefully this year's starter is calm cool and collected by f$u.

I like Brad, but calm and cool aren't necessarily his most observable traits, especially in big games.

Advertisement
Scouts remain unimpressed by Brad Kaaya's tape as Combine nears | Miami Herald

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

Why are you so actively rooting against him buddy, it's one thing to not like him when he was here but he is a former cane now so I wish him the best... I mean did he **** your girl or what

Scouts remain unimpressed by Brad Kaaya's tape as Combine nears | Miami Herald

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

Why are you so actively rooting against him buddy, it's one thing to not like him when he was here but he is a former cane now so I wish him the best... I mean did he **** your girl or what

His agenda is sickening. He was screaming for Rosier to start last season. Let that sink in for a minute.

Advertisement
Back