NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

Scouts remain unimpressed by Brad Kaaya's tape as Combine nears | Miami Herald

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

Why are you so actively rooting against him buddy, it's one thing to not like him when he was here but he is a former cane now so I wish him the best... I mean did he **** your girl or what

His agenda is sickening. He was screaming for Rosier to start last season. Let that sink in for a minute.
[MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] lol man shut yo *** up "his agenda is sickening"! Sound like some dramatic lgbt fxgg0t. Nobody was "screaming" for Rosier start ***** eye, I only said Rosier and anyone else on the roster below Kaaya could win the games we won and lose the games we lost. He never was good fck him and his entitled ***

Advertisement
Why are you so actively rooting against him buddy, it's one thing to not like him when he was here but he is a former cane now so I wish him the best... I mean did he **** your girl or what

Lol yeah a closet introvert fckd my girl??? Lol I'm single btw I'm not rooting against him at all I'm just sharing a link and telling you how I feel about it. You're mad bc you're a cheerleader for a clown that abandoned this team not for any gain just bc he can't take the heat with the way Coach Richt is trying to coach his soft entitled ***.

FCK him and u Kaaya **** that keep defending him. His teammates and coaches don't respect him but y'all still stick up for this clown?? Gtfoh

Same es can't wait to talk **** about anybody else on the team they don't like but kaayas off limits?? Your tears are hilarious

Everyone knows he made a huge mistake by leaving early, but he clearly didn't vibe with Richt & simply wasn't comfortable in this Offense.

With that said, I'm glad he's gone, I don't hate him at all & appreciate everything he did for this U, but I've already moved on & am excited to bring in new era of Miami football with a new QB.

I root for him to have success in the NFL, because him doing well in the league only helps us in recruiting.

But, he's going to struggle immensely if he has to go to a team & start right away, there's a lot of bad OL's in the NFL & the thing he struggles with is quick decision making.

He's not a quick-twitch athlete & he's an incredibly slow read in the pocket, in the NFL everything is sped up drastically, all the pre/post snap diagnosing of Coverages has to happen so much quicker because Defenses in the league are 10x quicker, smarter & more athletic than anything on the college level.

He's gonna need to sit for a year or two before he sees the field, if he has to start as a rookie wherever he goes, he's going to get sacked a lot & throw a lot of picks.

Good luck though.

Last edited:
Everyone knows he made a huge mistake by leaving early, but he clearly didn't vibe with Richt & simply isn't comfortable in this Offense.

With that said, I'm glad he's gone, I don't hate him at all & appreciate everything he did for this U, but I've already moved on & am excited to bring in new era of Miami football with a new QB.

I root for him to have success in the NFL, because him doing well in the league only helps us in recruiting.

But, he's going to struggle immensely if he has to go to a team & start right away, there's a lot of bad OL's in the NFL & the thing he struggles with is quick decision making.

He's not a quick-twitch athlete & he's incredibly a slow read in the pocket, in the NFL everything is sped up drastically, all the pre/post snap diagnosing of Coverages has to happen so much quicker because Defenses in the league are 10x quicker, smarter & more athletic than anything on the college level.

He's gonna need to sit for a year or two before he sees the field, if he has to start as a rookie wherever he goes, he's going to get sacked a lot & throw a lot of picks.

Good luck though.

Exactly. There are some things Kaaya does really well. There are some things he doesn't do well. It was clear that what Richt is trying to do here isn't the best fit for him. He'll get drafted, hopefully by a team that doesn't need a QB to play right away and be an NFL QB. He's going to have to improve on a few things if he's going to eventually be an NFL starter but that's why he's not going to be a first round pick.

Here's the sad truth. Brad Kaaya is about to be the highest drafted UM quarterback since Craig Erickson or possibly Vinny Testaverde.

*Canes trivia: Craig Erickson was drafted in the 5th round in 1991 by the Eagles, never signed with them and was drafted in the 4th round in 1992 by the Buccaneers.

Advertisement

Lol yeah a closet introvert fckd my girl??? Lol I'm single btw I'm not rooting against him at all I'm just sharing a link and telling you how I feel about it. You're mad bc you're a cheerleader for a clown that abandoned this team not for any gain just bc he can't take the heat with the way Coach Richt is trying to coach his soft entitled ***.

FCK him and u Kaaya **** that keep defending him. His teammates and coaches don't respect him but y'all still stick up for this clown?? Gtfoh

Same es can't wait to talk **** about anybody else on the team they don't like but kaayas off limits?? Your tears are hilarious

Time to BAN the troll

Everyone knows he made a huge mistake by leaving early, but he clearly didn't vibe with Richt & simply isn't comfortable in this Offense.

He's not a quick-twitch athlete & he's incredibly a slow read in the pocket, in the NFL everything is sped up drastically, all the pre/post snap diagnosing of Coverages has to happen so much quicker because Defenses in the league are 10x quicker, smarter & more athletic than anything on the college level.

Good luck though.

I agree with the majority of ur points and this is mainly where my position has always been with Kaaya.

I am glad he's not back, we didn't need him he would've only handicapled the team and its potential another year. Inorder for any player to improve u have to be willing to accept coaching and by all accounts Kaaya just wanted the red carpet treatment in college.

I agree that him having success in the NFL only helps UM but I don't see it, his flaws aren't sitting behind a qb to grow into the role types of issues. I just don't see him being any good at all not even 2nd string qb good

Advertisement
If mutha****in garbage *** Jimmy Clausen & Matt Barkley can play in the league, then so can Kaaya.

He's gonna struggle no doubt, but don't be such a hater that you say he won't get drafted or even be good enough to be a 2nd string QB...

Come on now lol

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

His agenda is sickening. He was screaming for Rosier to start last season. Let that sink in for a minute.
[MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] lol man shut yo *** up "his agenda is sickening"! Sound like some dramatic lgbt fxgg0t. Nobody was "screaming" for Rosier start ***** eye, I only said Rosier and anyone else on the roster below Kaaya could win the games we won and lose the games we lost. He never was good fck him and his entitled ***

You are a moron. Your obsession towards Kaaya is truly bizarre, and this thread proves my point. It is 2017, it is ok to be gaaaay and admit your secret crush on Kaaya.

Last edited:

What the **** is wrong with you? How is a kid entitled????? Please go die or something

Advertisement
You guys realize at absolute worst he is the 6th rated QB. He will be drafted %1000000000 ! Its a no brainier here.

If mutha****in garbage *** Jimmy Clausen & Matt Barkley can play in the league, then so can Kaaya.

He's gonna struggle no doubt, but don't be such a hater that you say he won't get drafted or even be good enough to be a 2nd string QB...

Come on now lol

Matt Mcgloin says Hi

The real question is will he go in the third or fourth or will a desperate team reach for him early? The truth is, even with his limitations, there's only 3 or 4 quarterbacks better than him in the draft. Maybe 5 if you really want to hate. You've got to assume at least two will come off the board in the first round. (Trubinski and Watson?) That leaves Kizer as the consensus #3 QB who'll probably go somewhere in round 2. After that, Kaaya is probably the next guy off the board. I would not be shocked to see him go as high as the second round. Unless he totally craps the bed at the combine but that's not going to happen. He's a sharp kid who'll interview well. With no live bullets flying, he'll display good accuracy on short, intermediate and deep passes.

Advertisement

Good luck though.

I agree with the majority of ur points and this is mainly where my position has always been with Kaaya.

I am glad he's not back, we didn't need him he would've only handicapled the team and its potential another year. Inorder for any player to improve u have to be willing to accept coaching and by all accounts Kaaya just wanted the red carpet treatment in college.

I agree that him having success in the NFL only helps UM but I don't see it, his flaws aren't sitting behind a qb to grow into the role types of issues. I just don't see him being any good at all not even 2nd string qb good
Lol, bro you hate Kaaya... Like with a passion lol

I actually kind of respect your dedication, but I think you're way off saying he can't be good enough to be a 2nd string backup.

Do you know how man God awful QB's there are in the league that are both starters & backups? Lol.

If Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brock Osweiler, Blanie Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Weeden, both Luke & Josh McCown, EJ Manuel & Ryan Mallett can all get jobs in the league, then even a devout Kaaya hater like you can admit Brad will play in the league.

Jay Cutlers name shouldn't be on the list but to ur point the difference is what Kaaya lacks is not just about talent he's just weird and it won't equate to any sort of legit career in the NFL. I'm not a hater I've been right for years about Kaaya no reason for me to think I'm wrong now

Here's some quotes

That article did not say BK would go undrafted.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaaya doesn't get drafted or is a 6-7th round pick. His athleticism is on par with Ken Dorsey, who accomplished just about all you could as a college QB yet he was never able to overcome his physical limitations.

Advertisement
Back