NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

People acting like Kaaya will never be able to improve his mobility with NFL coaching and training.

Advertisement
He's going to kill it at the Combine - he's a smart guy who will interview well and he'll crush the drills.

If you watch that highlights reel it's all throws where he's getting rid of the ball immediately to his first read. That's where he's great.

Good luck to him in the NFL. He's going to need to sit a few years and wait for his opportunity. Should give him the time to clean up his game.

Manning and Brady had some of the best pocket awareness ever. Brady also can manipulate the pocket like nobody else , and it doesn't matter what's going on around him.

Kayaa has never shown anything remotely close to either. Maybe he fixes some stuff and gets the cement removed from his feet. I'll be rooting for him.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed watching his highlights. Hopefully he gets drafted by a stable front office and can be mentored by a franchise qb. Dealt with a lot of turmoil while at the U. When canes players make an impact in the NFL the school benefits, so we should all be wishing Brad the best.

Advertisement
This should be good...

Also, nothing against Kayaa, but a lot of those were receiver highlights. AR in the bowl game and Njuko several times had short passes that went for a TD because of great running. Just saying.

Tom Brady rarely throws a ball that travels beyond 7-8 yds. He is pretty good

Manning and Brady had some of the best pocket awareness ever. Brady also can manipulate the pocket like nobody else , and it doesn't matter what's going on around him.

Kayaa has never shown anything remotely close to either. Maybe he fixes some stuff and gets the cement removed from his feet. I'll be rooting for him.

I just don't understand how he's not more of an athlete. He looks athletic but we all know that he's not

Advertisement
this posts looks like an unpopular opinion cuz UM has produced so many elite TE talents - 7 TE in top 3 rounds drafted over last 15 years (4 in 1st round). many of them contributed on great UM teams, and njoku did not. But in terms of pure athleticism for TEs, njoku is up there w the all timers (at UM and NFL). for his size, njoku's speed and leaping ability is elite. excited to see his pro day & combine numbers.

since i'm already praising njoku, just want to give credit where its due:

even those extremely high on his HS film knew he'd be a project w lots of work ahead of him. To his credit he put in the necessary work, gained 30lbs of straight muscle and improved his hands/catching radius. he had two productive years, and from all accounts his work ethic was great. i'll root for this cane for the rest of his career

Advertisement
since i'm already praising njoku, just want to give credit where its due:

even those extremely high on his HS film knew he'd be a project w lots of work ahead of him. To his credit he put in the necessary work, gained 30lbs of straight muscle and improved his hands/catching radius. he had two productive years, and from all accounts his work ethic was great. i'll root for this cane for the rest of his career

+1000

Look for Evidence to follow the same route.

Evidence is a little taller , Evidence is a better receiver, Evidence is a little faster...6'6" and still growing..

Advertisement
Scouts remain unimpressed by Brad Kaaya's tape as Combine nears | Miami Herald

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back