NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

Teams are always desperate for a qb, it wouldn't shock me to see him go early, but I'll say late 4th to early 6th.

Advertisement
Yes, he definitely has some maddening deficiencies (not being able to run for 4 or 5 yds), but I'm still not sure UM is better off by him leaving. Whoever starts, their third start is at the doak. Not calling a loss, but there's something to be said for a calm cool QB under center in hostile territory.

Hopefully this year's starter is calm cool and collected by f$u.

I like Brad, but calm and cool aren't necessarily his most observable traits, especially in big games.

good point.

Scouts remain unimpressed by Brad Kaaya's tape as Combine nears | Miami Herald

Here's some quotes

When asked by the Miami Herald if Kaaya is a third-round pick, as others have suggested, Jeremiah responded:

“Too early for me...I guess he could go there. I'd be more in the 5th/6th camp.”

The Miami Herald reported in October that talent evaluators believed he wasn’t yet ready for the pros.

“He shouldn’t come out [to the NFL after this season] because he’s not good enough,” one NFC scout told Herald sportswriter Barry Jackson at the time. “No mobility, average arm, can’t run for a first down. I’ve been watching him for three years. I must miss something when people say he’s a top 10 pick. What has he done? For some reason, Mel Kiper had him hyped up. Just an average player.”

My take is he's not getting drafted, but even if he does he's not good enough to be a 2nd string qb in the NFL.

UM is better off that he decided to leave early, Mark Richt wanted him to go bc not only is he not good enough for what Richt wants at at the qb position, his lack of leadership and the way he responds to coaching are head aches that no real coach can deal with.

Why are you so actively rooting against him buddy, it's one thing to not like him when he was here but he is a former cane now so I wish him the best... I mean did he **** your girl or what

His agenda is sickening. He was screaming for Rosier to start last season. Let that sink in for a minute.

He wasn't the only one; check the posts from that time and you will find a lot of us had (and still have) questions concerning Kaaya's QB play.

Only in USA 2017 is some criticism derided as "hating," with everybody acting like a 14 year old spoiled princess receiving a Tweet about her shoes being ugly.

Back then, I posted Rosier's highlight tape as a comparison...I was also the guy who posted a scouting report in one of the Kaaya threads that some deemed an accurate potrayal of him; too bad it was TOM BRADY's college scout write-up.

He could be Jacory bad or maybe in the same solar system as Brady in the end. He is an unfinished product who underachieved in college and whose dedictation and preparation will tell his pro story...Remember Matt Cassel was Lienert's back up at USC and he was a much better pro QB in the end.

I have no issues critiquing any athlete, and fans, such as myself, had valid reasons to be frustrated with Kaaya at times. That being said, Krazy was not having a rationale discussion. He clearly has an agenda against Brad. If you are part of the minority group that was screaming for Rosier to start and blaming Kaaya for all the Offensive issues then you are a special kind of stupid.

I for one could not have taken another season of Brad Kaaka. For the same reason he is falling in the draft is the reason he needed to go. He is mediocre. Zero upside. It's shocking so many can't see it. The dude was a 3 year starter and his stats were virtually the same all 3 years. He showed zero improvement, folded in the face of pressure, and couldn't get the job done when it mattered. Wish him the best and all, but sayonara.

Everyone knows he made a huge mistake by leaving early, but he clearly didn't vibe with Richt & simply isn't comfortable in this Offense.

With that said, I'm glad he's gone, I don't hate him at all & appreciate everything he did for this U, but I've already moved on & am excited to bring in new era of Miami football with a new QB.

I root for him to have success in the NFL, because him doing well in the league only helps us in recruiting.

But, he's going to struggle immensely if he has to go to a team & start right away, there's a lot of bad OL's in the NFL & the thing he struggles with is quick decision making.

He's not a quick-twitch athlete & he's incredibly a slow read in the pocket, in the NFL everything is sped up drastically, all the pre/post snap diagnosing of Coverages has to happen so much quicker because Defenses in the league are 10x quicker, smarter & more athletic than anything on the college level.

He's gonna need to sit for a year or two before he sees the field, if he has to start as a rookie wherever he goes, he's going to get sacked a lot & throw a lot of picks.

Good luck though.

I agree with the majority of ur points and this is mainly where my position has always been with Kaaya.

I am glad he's not back, we didn't need him he would've only handicapled the team and its potential another year. Inorder for any player to improve u have to be willing to accept coaching and by all accounts Kaaya just wanted the red carpet treatment in college.

I agree that him having success in the NFL only helps UM but I don't see it, his flaws aren't sitting behind a qb to grow into the role types of issues. I just don't see him being any good at all not even 2nd string qb good
Lol, bro you hate Kaaya... Like with a passion lol

I actually kind of respect your dedication, but I think you're way off saying he can't be good enough to be a 2nd string backup.

Do you know how man God awful QB's there are in the league that are both starters & backups? Lol.

If Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brock Osweiler, Blanie Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Weeden, both Luke & Josh McCown, EJ Manuel & Ryan Mallett can all get jobs in the league, then even a devout Kaaya hater like you can admit Brad will play in the league.

Jay Cutlers name shouldn't be on the list but to ur point the difference is what Kaaya lacks is not just about talent he's just weird and it won't equate to any sort of legit career in the NFL. I'm not a hater I've been right for years about Kaaya no reason for me to think I'm wrong now

Serious question for you. You state above that Kaaya is "weird". You say that he was uncoachable, entitled and wanted the red carpet treatment in college. My question is where do you get all this? Some of that sounds as if you know him personally or know someone who does. The thing is that I seriously doubt that you know Brad Kaaya on a personal level. Am I to understand that you base all of this character assassination on what you see during games and in press conferences? Seriously, please tell us. I really want to know how you able to cast aspersions in such a cavalier and matter of fact manner.

Advertisement
Everyone knows he made a huge mistake by leaving early, but he clearly didn't vibe with Richt & simply isn't comfortable in this Offense.

With that said, I'm glad he's gone, I don't hate him at all & appreciate everything he did for this U, but I've already moved on & am excited to bring in new era of Miami football with a new QB.

I root for him to have success in the NFL, because him doing well in the league only helps us in recruiting.

But, he's going to struggle immensely if he has to go to a team & start right away, there's a lot of bad OL's in the NFL & the thing he struggles with is quick decision making.

He's not a quick-twitch athlete & he's incredibly a slow read in the pocket, in the NFL everything is sped up drastically, all the pre/post snap diagnosing of Coverages has to happen so much quicker because Defenses in the league are 10x quicker, smarter & more athletic than anything on the college level.

He's gonna need to sit for a year or two before he sees the field, if he has to start as a rookie wherever he goes, he's going to get sacked a lot & throw a lot of picks.

Good luck though.

I agree with the majority of ur points and this is mainly where my position has always been with Kaaya.

I am glad he's not back, we didn't need him he would've only handicapled the team and its potential another year. Inorder for any player to improve u have to be willing to accept coaching and by all accounts Kaaya just wanted the red carpet treatment in college.

I agree that him having success in the NFL only helps UM but I don't see it, his flaws aren't sitting behind a qb to grow into the role types of issues. I just don't see him being any good at all not even 2nd string qb good
Lol, bro you hate Kaaya... Like with a passion lol

I actually kind of respect your dedication, but I think you're way off saying he can't be good enough to be a 2nd string backup.

Do you know how man God awful QB's there are in the league that are both starters & backups? Lol.

If Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brock Osweiler, Blanie Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Weeden, both Luke & Josh McCown, EJ Manuel & Ryan Mallett can all get jobs in the league, then even a devout Kaaya hater like you can admit Brad will play in the league.

Jay Cutlers name shouldn't be on the list but to ur point the difference is what Kaaya lacks is not just about talent he's just weird and it won't equate to any sort of legit career in the NFL. I'm not a hater I've been right for years about Kaaya no reason for me to think I'm wrong now

Serious question for you. You state above that Kaaya is "weird". You say that he was uncoachable, entitled and wanted the red carpet treatment in college. My question is where do you get all this? Some of that sounds as if you know him personally or know someone who does. The thing is that I seriously doubt that you know Brad Kaaya on a personal level. Am I to understand that you base all of this character assassination on what you see during games and in press conferences? Seriously, please tell us. I really want to know how you able to cast aspersions in such a cavalier and matter of fact manner.

Where there's smoke there's fire

But even without the rumors, from an eye test viewpoint alone how can you not come to these conclusions yourself

My lasting memory of kayak will be him sticking two INTs right straight into the chest of fsu players in both 14 and 16

Could not have thrown a better pass to them

"In a family of achievers, he “had to be competitive to make it.” He said his father, whom he calls Chief, is “in the oil business,” and his mother owns a clothing store in New Jersey. They have some prodigious progeny. Innocent Jr., now 29, is a neurosurgeon in upstate New York. Faith is a medical student at UC-Irvine and hold multiple track records at Rutgers-Newark. Gladys recently earned a biomedical engineering degree and was a high-jump national champ at Stevens Tech in New Jersey.

“We’re not done yet,” David said.

Indeed. Evidence, a wide receiver who recently signed with Miami, wants to outdo his brother’s Hurricanes achievements, and at 6-6 is even taller. David said Charles, the youngest at 15, “is better than both of us.

Wow...talk about a phenomenal gene pool

Njoku is going to completely destroy the combine

Can't wait to see his brother suit up

Advertisement
"In a family of achievers, he “had to be competitive to make it.” He said his father, whom he calls Chief, is “in the oil business,” and his mother owns a clothing store in New Jersey. They have some prodigious progeny. Innocent Jr., now 29, is a neurosurgeon in upstate New York. Faith is a medical student at UC-Irvine and hold multiple track records at Rutgers-Newark. Gladys recently earned a biomedical engineering degree and was a high-jump national champ at Stevens Tech in New Jersey.

Indeed. Evidence, a wide receiver who recently signed with Miami, wants to outdo his brother’s Hurricanes achievements, and at 6-6 is even taller. David said Charles, the youngest at 15, “is better than both of us.

WTF, you'd think the talent and motivation could get doled out a little more evenly so the rest of us have a chance.

also interested to see how baby boy Charles pans out

With regret to say, as he is a Cane that gave us his all... But in his 3rd year, he didn't progress and I'm glad he decided to leave. Too many time I saw fear, fear and being afraid of getting hit. Too many times I saw him dumping the passes off quickly instead of checking the field for a wide open receiver. Just too many bad throws. How many times he locked in and threw to a guy with 3 defenders hanging around and on the other side was a wide open receiver. Too many times did he have the option to run in a open field and dumped it off instead. The word was out... get to him early and put his *** on the ground... Hard!.... After that... He wasn't leaving the pocket. Hence 8 and 4 what could have been 11 and 1 realistically had he played to his potential.

Good luck Kaaya... wish you well

We need a QB like Teddy Bridgewater and we're talking playing for NC in 2018 or 2019. That said... Wecome home new blood, your spot is waiting to be filled.

JMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dorsey wasn't very good under pressure either, just saying

You've got to be kidding me... Wasn't good under pressure!... winning 38 games and losing 2 record over 4 years !!!... What should be 39 and 1 (**** Ohio State)

Dutch... You sound like a fool !... If anything, he was Mr Kool and found ways to overcome

A standout at the University of Miami (Fla.) from 1999-2002, Dorsey is the winningest quarterback in school history with a 38-2 record as a starter and led the Hurricanes to the 2001 national championship. He was inducted into the University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame in May 2013.

The two-time Heisman Trophy finalist (2001, 2002) set numerous school records and still ranks as the all-time leader with 9,565 passing yards and 86 touchdown passes, while his 668 completions and 1,153 pass attempts stand second. As a junior in 2001, Dorsey won the Maxwell Award - presented to the college football player of the year - when he passed for 2,652 yards and 23 touchdowns on 184-of-318 attempts to compile a passer rating of 146.1.

Last edited:
tumblr_mqgpp0Mg951ro3593o1_500.gif

Advertisement

You've got to be kidding me... Wasn't good under pressure!... winning 38 games and losing 2 record over 4 years !!!... What should be 39 and 1 (**** Ohio State)

Dutch... You sound like a fool !... If anything, he was Mr Kool and found ways to overcome

A standout at the University of Miami (Fla.) from 1999-2002, Dorsey is the winningest quarterback in school history with a 38-2 record as a starter and led the Hurricanes to the 2001 national championship. He was inducted into the University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame in May 2013.

The two-time Heisman Trophy finalist (2001, 2002) set numerous school records and still ranks as the all-time leader with 9,565 passing yards and 86 touchdown passes, while his 668 completions and 1,153 pass attempts stand second. As a junior in 2001, Dorsey won the Maxwell Award - presented to the college football player of the year - when he passed for 2,652 yards and 23 touchdowns on 184-of-318 attempts to compile a passer rating of 146.1.

He means under heavy pass rush. Dorsey's jersey never got dirty, he was protected so well. Check out his performance in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl when OSU's DC outsmarted Kehoe's blocking scheme.

He means under heavy pass rush. Dorsey's jersey never got dirty, he was protected so well. Check out his performance in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl when OSU's DC outsmarted Kehoe's blocking scheme.

If you're talking about after McGahee's horrific tackle that knocked the entire Canes Nation to our knees, as we watched the hit and the emptiness that followed for about 15 minutes, as we watched him carted off the field... Yeah Dorsey was shaken and played like ****. The entire line, the WR's, you name it. After the hit... everyone was lost concentration. But Dorsey still brought us back, close enough for a field goal to a tie it at the end of the game. Overtime we went ahead 24/17 and should have won if not for Porter's bull**** call and lost in the 2 OT... But to your point, Ohio State played great and yeah Dorsey was under pressure most of the game... including 5 turn overs from different players

Dorsey would throw the ball in the dirt if anyone breathed near him. He was so suspect in the pocket.

Lucky for him he had a guy like McKinnie who, IIRC, didn't give up 1 sack his entire collegiate career.

If Dorsey plaid with Mark Whipple he would've thrown 10 times more interceptions than Jacory.

With regret to say, as he is a Cane that gave us his all... But in his 3rd year, he didn't progress and I'm glad he decided to leave. Too many time I saw fear, fear and being afraid of getting hit. Too many times I saw him dumping the passes off quickly instead of checking the field for a wide open receiver. Just too many bad throws. How many times he locked in and threw to a guy with 3 defenders hanging around and on the other side was a wide open receiver. Too many times did he have the option to run in a open field and dumped it off instead. The word was out... get to him early and put his *** on the ground... Hard!.... After that... He wasn't leaving the pocket. Hence 8 and 4 what could have been 11 and 1 realistically had he played to his potential.

Good luck Kaaya... wish you well

We need a QB like Teddy Bridgewater and we're talking playing for NC in 2018 or 2019. That said... Wecome home new blood, your spot is waiting to be filled.

JMO

SPOT tf on!

+1

Advertisement
Back