NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

The Phins' biggest miss will be Jermaine Grace at incredible value.

yep. really unfortunate he didn't get the combine invite, but i think he'll do quite well at UM's pro day assuming he got the invite. his testing numbers and interviews should go well, hopefully his measurable too. dude also deserves credit for sticking around UM to graduate and get that degree. Lu - who do you think is Grace's best NFL comparison?
Somewhere between the style of play of Deon Buchannon (not saying he'll be as good, necessarily) and Kwon Alexander out of LSU (whose value I also really liked when he came out).

agree with those. buchannon is a good comp in terms of style of play. i also see grace as a bernard pollard type even tho pollard was a safety - similar bodies and the fly around style

Advertisement
That N'joku pipeline is one of the few positives that the previous regime left us.

This fam should all end up Canes and All-Americans.

Am afraid this kid may end up on the scout team for some CFL team like Japicky did. Sad, but he's not ready for the Pros. Didn't want to be here after Coley left.

I completely disagree.

Suppose you're the Vikings. You know that Bridgewater went down with a freak ACL injury that he got in practice the Thursday before a game. You don't know if Terry will be 100 % after recovery. What if he gets the ACL bug?

That's why you draft Kaaya: not because he couldn't beat Florida State, but because he can be a serviceable Matt Moore for anyone in the League.

He's obviously a bad decision maker seeing as he committed to a fat Al Golden coarched team. Honestly wish him the best but as a canes fan I'm glad he went pro, dude just wasn't a very good qb and the draft will show that.

Advertisement
I'll jump on the Kaaya is just not that good side of this argument. IMO he is ken Dorsey without as much talent around him. But he has NO heart. I do not see any fire in the kid. Dorsey would be out there trash talking dudes. He had some fire. Brad will not likely ever earn a starting job in the league. He will get drafted for the same reason so many have stated. The league has a genuine need for QBs. I just don't see anything elite in his game. Leadership, arm strength, smarts, athleticism, accuracy. I see some plus areas but none elite. Heck at least snickers had an elite arm. Heck that begs this question, with their career over would you take Kaaya over Morris?

maybe he's just not a rah rah kind of guy like some of these supposed fans like so much

I'll jump on the Kaaya is just not that good side of this argument. IMO he is ken Dorsey without as much talent around him. But he has NO heart. I do not see any fire in the kid.

Dorsey could actually read a defense and had a great feel for the pocket. Dorsey's arm sucked even for a college QB, but he made up for it with knowing exactly where the ball needed to go and delivering it exactly when it needed to be there. Kaaya looks at his first read and then panics if it isn't there and the pocket moves a little. He's not even in the same hemisphere as Dorsey.

Dorsey played in the NFL for five years. Does Brad Exceed that? I personally think it will all depend who drafts him.

Advertisement
food_mobile-pantry_2_old-man-walking.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
See they managed to throw that "joining Howard in the 1st" line in there. Njoku is the better player.

Advertisement
Back