NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

It'll be interesting to see if Carter ends up at linebacker. He's **** near 220lbs with a 19 rep bench.

And on twitter he claims he could've done about 25 reps, but he had sloppy technique and they made him put the bar down at 19. We'll see if Pro day at UM if he can actually back that up.

Advertisement
It'll be interesting to see if Carter ends up at linebacker. He's **** near 220lbs with a 19 rep bench.

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of what they did with Ray Ray. Ray Ray is taller, but they have similar builds and they're about the same speed too. I can see him being on the practice squad the first year while he transition to LB, and the second year will be go time for him.

Thought cook would run faster.
I did too. I would like to see his 10 and 20yrd splits though.

[MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION], You still don't think Corn runs under a 4.5?....

I may lose that bet huh?
Absolutely. I just keep picturing Corn running down cook and thinking no way he run over a 4.5

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Good morning.
I give props when props due.....Props

Wonder how many get drafted?

Njoku
Kaaya
Elder
Coley
Jenkins
Isidora
Carter is building a case as a late round pick

Has a chance
Colbert
Muhammad
Grace
Yearby

So we will have 6-10 players drafted

Advertisement

Njoku
Kaaya
Elder
Coley
Jenkins
Isidora

Has a chance
Colbert
Muhammad
Grace
Yearby

Agree with this. I see it as at least 6 get drafted. The others are all wild cards - could be none or could be 2-3 more.

Njoku
Kaaya
Elder
Coley
Jenkins
Isidora

Has a chance
Colbert
Muhammad
Grace
Yearby

And I bet they last a while in the league! There is something about the water in Coral Gables...

Advertisement
Your boy Fabian Moreau just ran a 4.35. That was the fastest DB time until Jalen Myrick ran a 4.29 on the next run...

Your boy Fabian Moreau just ran a 4.35. That was the fastest DB time until Jalen Myrick ran a 4.29 on the next run...

And a 11.4 broad jump with a 38" vert. (at 6'0" 206lbs)

He's killin' it.
Not surprised but rayshawn jenkins was the most athletic db in our secondary last year. He posted a 120+ spark rating in highschool and ran a 4.55 at 185 before college.

Now at 30 pounds heavier 6'1 215 he ran a 4.51 37" vertical 10.7 broad and looked fluid in the drills. He had a great day
19 reps of 225

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jamal Carter is a WLB in a 4-3 that's his money position.
I'd have to see him become flexible enough to slip and shed all the junk in front of him. Carter's biggest issues were around recognition, anticipation and flexibility (short area stuff). He needs a system where he can blow plays up going forward as much as possible.

galljordanbrevin.jpg

Advertisement
I'd have to see him become flexible enough to slip and shed all the junk in front of him. Carter's biggest issues were around recognition, anticipation and flexibility (short area stuff). He needs a system where he can blow plays up going forward as much as possible.

Agreed. I think you let him Roam cover him up with a good 1tech and let him make plays of course it will be a learning curve at first. But I don't think his money position is at SS. He's not fluid enough. Unless he's in the right system like playing the kam chancellor role.

Agreed.

I would be shocked if Carter could make that transition.

Advertisement
Back