NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

Advertisement
4.5 is not fast for a 5'10" 180lb CB.

Sorry.

He definitely won't make the National Forty League. He'll have to settle for a 10 year career in the other NFL.

Sucks for him. That'll be $5-10 million in the bank when he's done, assuming he's not a money blower.

And that's for an average 10yr journeyman career with a couple of good years.

His starting stance was awful in the 40. Too cramped and high. It really stood out as terrible form in contrast to most guys who have obviously worked on that aspect since almost everybody looked the same, which is a sharp departure from years ago when you'd see vastly different technique from one player after another.

Njoku did improve his starting stance slightly in the second effort, and that alone accounted for the minor improvement. If he had normal form he'd probably be in the 4.55 to 4.6 range. As always don't adjust too much. That switch from lousy technique to ideal technique is worth maybe a tenth or slightly above but the Happy Adjusters invariably want to pretend it's several times that much.

I'm surprised Njoku didn't work on that aspect. You could see the guys who really took the combine seriously. Jordan Willis of Kansas State was much more athletic than anyone realized but he also had obviously practiced every drill to the point everything was natural for him.

And then there was Takk McKinley of UCLA who apparently is a good guy but a special needs type who couldn't follow basic instructions on one drill after another and reportedly scored a 3 on his Wonderlic test.

The guy who stood out to me was Rayshawn Jenkins. I thought he was a round 5-6 type but that appears too low. He ran well and tested well. I've seen some rave reviews on Seahawk blogs. Some fans want Jenkins in round 3 as a result of his combine testing.

Those Seattle sites are easily the most sophisticated of any team in regard to SPARQ and other metric type analysis. They have figured out the Seahawk formulas in terms of the test results they prioritize at specific positions. Jenkins scored very highly and fits within the guidelines.

On the other end of the spectrum was Dalvin Cook. His test scores were so ghastly they fell within the 9th percentile in terms of NFL running backs. In other words, the league average is 50% and Cook is a 9% athlete on that scale. It won't scare off every team but some teams will downgrade him significantly.

I can't say I'm overly surprised because for all the raves Cook received on this site there were several runs, notably in 2015, in which Cook looked like a klutz and more or less tackled himself. There was no comparison in athletic ability between Cook and Christian McCaffrey. That was glaring in the 3 cone and short shuttle numbers, where McCaffrey dominated while Cook had pathetic numbers. I suppose it could be argued that Cook didn't take those tests seriously. If that's the case, genius maneuver in essentially a job interview process.

Advertisement
The guy who stood out to me was Rayshawn Jenkins. I thought he was a round 5-6 type but that appears too low. He ran well and tested well. I've seen some rave reviews on Seahawk blogs. Some fans want Jenkins in round 3 as a result of his combine testing.

Those Seattle sites are easily the most sophisticated of any team in regard to SPARQ and other metric type analysis. They have figured out the Seahawk formulas in terms of the test results they prioritize at specific positions. Jenkins scored very highly and fits within the guidelines.

On the other end of the spectrum was Dalvin Cook. His test scores were so ghastly they fell within the 9th percentile in terms of NFL running backs. In other words, the league average is 50% and Cook is a 9% athlete on that scale. It won't scare off every team but some teams will downgrade him significantly.

I can't say I'm overly surprised because for all the raves Cook received on this site there were several runs, notably in 2015, in which Cook looked like a klutz and more or less tackled himself. There was no comparison in athletic ability between Cook and Christian McCaffrey. That was glaring in the 3 cone and short shuttle numbers, where McCaffrey dominated while Cook had pathetic numbers. I suppose it could be argued that Cook didn't take those tests seriously. If that's the case, genius maneuver in essentially a job interview process.

If McCaffrey and Cook are both available when the Bucs pick at 19, who do you think they take? Also... Any insight insofar as what formulas Seattle uses or what measures are of most important by position (particularly if it differs from what is commonly known, like 10-yard time for d linemen)

If McCaffrey and Cook are both available when the Bucs pick at 19, who do you think they take? Also... Any insight insofar as what formulas Seattle uses or what measures are of most important by position (particularly if it differs from what is commonly known, like 10-yard time for d linemen)

They take Cook.

charlie-sheen.gif

If he goes to my Giants I will be one happy man.
No Defensive backfield on earth could stop OBJ, Shepard, Marshall and Njoku.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The 2013 draft might go down as by far the worst QB class in NFL history.

Also, LMAO @ Jeff Driskel's 52... I don't think I've ever seen a worse QB in my life than him.

Bryan Bennett threw a 60 & Sean Mannion threw a 57...

But, Tyrod Taylor threw 50, so that should let you know everything you need to know about this metric.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back