NFL Draft 2017 - Canes Related

Didnt perform well? Most of the updated mock drafts have him as the first TE off the board after his combine performance.

Didn't perform as well as we thought he would is a bit more accurate

Advertisement
He performed exactly as anyone who knew his strengths and weaknesses thought he would perform. He's no burner in the 40. He's a long strider with more long speed than short.

He's a jumper more than he is a sprinter and did very well in the jumping events.

I thought he did pretty **** well lol

Dude broke the broad jump record for a TE.

Some other TE also broke that same record though

Advertisement
For those wondering why he didn't perform as well as people thought he would was because, He was dealing with a Knee issue according to a source. Nothing serious.

Also the team that are looking at him really hard are the Tennessee Titans, New York Giants, Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins

He would be a beast on any of those teams, but he would have monster years in the Titans/Cards offense

Still had a very good combine
6'4 246
4.64 40(had terrible form on both runs)
37.5 vertical
11'1 broad jump
21 bench press reps
85 inch arm length
6.97 3 cone test which is elite for a tightend (faster numbers than dalvin cook and Kermit Whitfield)
4.34 20 minutes yard shuffle(another time faster than cook which is pretty crazy)
Caught the ball pretty well

Last edited:
Dude was 3rd in the vertical, 2nd in the broad jump, 2nd in the 3 cone drill, and ran a 4.64 40. Thats a **** good combine. Njoku just isnt this high 4.4, low 4.5 guy like everybody thought.

Advertisement
Dude was 3rd in the vertical, 2nd in the broad jump, 2nd in the 3 cone drill, and ran a 4.64 40. Thats a **** good combine. Njoku just isnt this high 4.4, low 4.5 guy like everybody thought.

He had poor form on the 40. Could have shaved some time off for sure. I noticed everyone he trained with outside of coley at the training facility had poor form in running it. Jamal carter, njoku, corn elder all had bad form in their 40s imo

4.64 isn't bad for a tight end. Its not bad for a 6'4 240 player. Those are good numbers. This is a loaded class for tight ends. Never thought he would run a 4.5 but a 4.6 is good. Too be honest, a 4.7 is good for a TE.

Just speaks volumes on how explosive he is if he put those numbers up with an ailing knee

Gonna make an offense in the NFL very scary

Advertisement
I know this is painful but give Golden credit. This was a Jersey kid and he had stature there. I think the Bama TE is rated a little higher then Njoku.

Advertisement
C6UrroNVAAAX6ix.jpg:small

% compared to the last 15+ years of TEs. Had an elite workout even without the over hyped 40.

Jesus, did anyone actually read the OP? Didn't perform as well as people thought he would. Not sucked, just didn't dominate every event like the homers on this board may have expected.

Jesus, did anyone actually read the OP? Didn't perform as well as people thought he would. Not sucked, just didn't dominate every event like the homers on this board may have expected.

The thread is on the wrong board and should be under not breaking news.

Advertisement
Back