NFL Combine invites by team (2020)

Our talent is also very uneven. We might send 3 DLs or 3 DBs to the combine but have a middle school OL. But it's criminal how badly we've underachieved.

Advertisement
I’m surprised to see Clemson not on there.

I'm not. their overall team talent for draft eligible players is not as good. some of their guys have peaked in college. they have an overall solid team that works together. that's their success. however, there last few years of recruiting should change this in the next few years

Why is this NFL combine invite list a badge of honor for you guys? Everyone of the invitees is a fringe NFL player. Not bashing them, loved them all while they played for UM. Hope they get drafted and go on to great NFL careers but none of these guys are probably even sniffing day 2 of the draft.

Plus we're claiming guys like Osborn and Hill who jumped on the bus at the last stop.

That's wonderful but if we seriously want to compete for anything meaningful it needs to be a string of recruiting classes in the Top 5 or nearby.

Our recent recruiting level places us closer in power ranking to the #50 team in the nation than it does to the #1 team. I've pointed that out countless times but it gets shuffled away due to our love of nonsensical impression that everything is linear.

I appreciate the multiple comments in this thread that late round types are barely above priority free agents. That is another aspect I have mentioned.

If we want to be relevant we need to be stacking the green room. Otherwise you are asking for the same type of upward deviance from rightful level as our recent underperformance from rightful level.

The craziest part is that we were an extremely young team last year and we're still returning so many starters despite this, I bet this number will only go higher for years to come.

Advertisement

Levonta Taylor was the #1 ranked CB in the 2016 class, he had a 99.6 rating & was #7 ranked player in the nation.

Could be one of the biggest busts in recent memory at CB, his 4 years at FSU, he had a total of 4INT's & 10 PBU's.

Stars matter, but so does coaching, development & evals, equally.

....the willie Taggart effect

How many of those 8 have a realistic shot of being drafted?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have draft talent there no question, but we don’t have 1st or 2nd round talent.

Guys like Gurvan hall should a household name by now but we can’t develop him right

Advertisement
We have athletic players even when they dont play that way on tape. we are always going to send guys to the league.

The group was overall. Osborn was miscast as a #1 guy. He was very inefficient when he he had to win 1on1 on the outside, and his designed runs were comically bad. He's a rotational guy on a good Miami offense.

Osborn made a terrible decision to come here. He was sold on a high powered offense but ended up with both the worst OC and starting QB in cfb history.

Come the end of April you will see again that our talent ain't that great. Should never lose to FIU or go 6-7 however.

Advertisement
Back