NFL Combine invites by team (2020)

Levonta Taylor was the #1 ranked CB in the 2016 class, he had a 99.6 rating & was #7 ranked player in the nation.

Could be one of the biggest busts in recent memory at CB, his 4 years at FSU, he had a total of 4INT's & 10 PBU's.

Stars matter, but so does coaching, development & evals, equally.

you can look at it like that or look at his teammates around him.if they aren't any good smart teams stay away from him.

Advertisement
Talent isn't the issue never has been.it's been there to win the coastal every year.our hcs since coker never put their foot down and told both the players and assistants what was expected of them.howard,jj and butch didn't put up with the stuff players are doing now.

Five Top 10 teams, two Top 15 teams, two Top 18 teams and a team that lost to FIU.

Say what you want about our talent. Every time a list comes out like this, we stick out like a sore thumb.

We need to start playing to our talent. That will make everything else much easier, including recruiting.

This I don’t know why anyone on this board tries to argue we don’t have talent.

There is so much evidence that we do.

All these announcements do is **** me off even more. I might be the only one..I dont care what they do in high school (NSD or camps) or what they do in NFL (Combine, Super Bowls, and HOF). All I care about is that we create All American's and Win. There is way to much smoke and flat out my football life has sucked for a while. Please lord give me one more quality run before I become dirt...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our fan base is very special. There’s this constant need to question our talent. Our coaching is subpar. Has been subpar. We should be dominating the Coastal - yearly. Once we do that consistently, we’ll put ourselves in position to compete against Clemson. Basic math.

If you watch us lose to UNC, GT, FIU, Duke, and LT in the same year - and you still think it’s a talent issue - you may need a new hobby.

Five Top 10 teams, two Top 15 teams, two Top 18 teams and a team that lost to FIU.

Say what you want about our talent. Every time a list comes out like this, we stick out like a sore thumb.

We need to start playing to our talent. That will make everything else much easier, including recruiting.

Exactly right.

before the 2019 started I looked at the schedule and thought there is no way we lose less than 9 games. The combination of Manny being a rookie HC and the crappiness of Enos blew my theory out of the water.

when was the last time that Miami legitimately had a coordinator consistently out scheme the opponent?

I’m trying to keep my expectations low for 2020, but Lashlee just might be the guy to finally match the talent advantage with coaching advantage, equalling a really good record

Advertisement
This I don’t know why anyone on this board tries to argue we don’t have talent.

There is so much evidence that we do.

What some here call talent I call potential talent. The big problem is for years the coaching has not been good enough to bring this potential to the surface while the player was here

The stat in the OP said NFL. Just like the stat has us top 5 in NFL players. And NFL salaries.

Don’t argue with me. Argue with the NFL teams that keep drafting and paying for our talent.

You've had the same posts when you were counting Stacy Coley and Anthony Moten among your "Canes in the NFL"...

Having non-All ACC players get taken late Day 3 in the NFL and getting a cup of coffee doesn't prove your point. Pretty sure @Ethnicsands has been trying to tell you that for years, but here we are.

Advertisement
The stat in the OP said NFL. Just like the stat has us top 5 in NFL players. And NFL salaries.

Don’t argue with me. Argue with the NFL teams that keep drafting and paying for our talent.
Or, alternatively, you are mis-construing the point.

Perhaps a few marginal nfl guys a year on an 85 man roster isn’t a great indicator of team talent, compared to roster balance, depth, maturity, leadership and the right culture and types of kids in roles that fit them? Especially when judged in retrospect without consideration for the actual roster composition of UM when those guys were here. Maybe line strength and QB matter more than a marginal nfl kid elsewhere on the roster? Maybe a 3 and out guy who played 1 good season for us is less helpful than folks think, compared to more guys staying around and more experience on the roster?

Of course our coaching has been awful. And of course our talent has been good enough to beat FIU and GT. But be clear on your point. Do you think the nfl stats you post prove our talent has been good enough to win titles?

You've had the same posts when you were counting Stacy Coley and Anthony Moten among your "Canes in the NFL"...

Having non-All ACC players get taken late Day 3 in the NFL and getting a cup of coffee doesn't prove your point. Pretty sure @Ethnicsands has been trying to tell you that for years, but here we are.

I don’t try and tell you and @Ethnicsands anything. I let the numbers speak for me. Here’s another one. This is a whole lot of “cups of coffee”:

Yep. When pressed, D$ just says hey, our talent has been good enough to win the coastal, which everyone already knows. That’s why we’re on our 5th new Hc coach in 20 years.

So it’s odd he keeps posting these nfl stats. He consistently refuses to push further, to lookat roster composition, depth, maturity. You’d think it would be easy to just accept that in addition to bad schemes and game plans and play calling, our bad coaches have also been bad at evals, roster construction and roster management. Those things are not disproved by a few marginal nfl kids a year.

Advertisement
I don’t try and tell you and @Ethnicsands anything. I let the numbers speak for me. Here’s another one. This is a whole lot of “cups of coffee”:

You are being disingenuous here. Selective numbers, and pretending that because some number is a ‘fact,’ you’re free from bias or error in posting it. I’d applaud if you were satirically trolling with this shtick, but it doesn’t seem that way. So why not try to do more than pick a few numbers to latch onto and refuse to consider the many ways your numbers may not tell the story you think they do? You are posting these ‘facts’ for a reason, and that reason isn’t proven or contained by the facts. It’s an argument that you refuse to be direct on, or defend when pressed.

Those things are not disproved by a few marginal nfl kids a year.

Why is the NFL paying “a few marginal kids” $577 million?

Do you think the nfl stats you post prove our talent has been good enough to win titles?

There are five teams in a different talent tier than everyone else. We aren’t in that tier.

However, our talent is good enough to win 9-11 games and win the Coastal every year.

Considering that we already recruit at a Top 15 level with an embarrassing on-field product, it is reasonable to believe we can recruit closer to that top tier with a respectable on-field product. Those second place finishes for kids like Jeudy become wins.

Last edited:
’Why is the NFL paying “a few marginal kids” $577 million?

There are five teams in a different talent tier than everyone else. We aren’t in that tier.

However, our talent is good enough to win 9-11 games and win the Coastal every year.

Considering that we already recruit at a Top 15 level with an embarrassing on-field product, it is reasonable to believe we can recruit closer to that top tier with a respectable on-field product. Those second place finishes for kids like Jeudy become wins.
This is exactly what I’m talking about when I say your responses can appear disingenuous. You KNOW that the aggregate salary number you point to is not divided equally across our nfl alumni, and the ‘nfl numbers’ do include plenty of marginal guys. Just use some math and logic. Tom Brady and the seven dwarfs would add up to a lot of nfl money for the 8 of them. That doesn’t mean aggregating their comp is representative of the overall talent of Michigan over recent time periods, particularly when Tom Brady hasn’t even played there in ages and the seven dwarfs may have not ever played alongside him at Michigan. Heck, Tom Brady didn’t even do all that much at Michigan. I guess nfl salaries and outcomes can be misleading. But you know that also. So why overdo the point?

And again, we all know our talent has been better than our results. But if we want to win big, we need to look past simple statistics and understand effective roster talent, not be deceived by a few kids on an 85 man roster.

You are being disingenuous here. Selective numbers, and pretending that because some number is a ‘fact,’ you’re free from bias or error in posting it. I’d applaud if you were satirically trolling with this shtick, but it doesn’t seem that way. So why not try to do more than pick a few numbers to latch onto and refuse to consider the many ways your numbers may not tell the story you think they do? You are posting these ‘facts’ for a reason, and that reason isn’t proven or contained by the facts. It’s an argument that you refuse to be direct on, or defend when pressed.

What D$ doesn't tell you, is $400M of that $500M is accounted for by Calais Campbell, Brandon Linder, Olivier Vernon, and Jimmy Graham.

Advertisement
Back