NFL.com Top 50 Prospects

LOL at you guys arguing that a kid needs to put up gaudy numbers to be a Top 50 player.

Can't even begin to think how many times I've tried to tell you guys on the boards over the years......the NFL doesn't care what you did in college.

And that is one reason the draft connect rate has been so abysmal. They have ignored production as opposed to how you look running and jumping in shorts. In any other profession the hiring practices would be ripped apart and everyone fired with an error rate like that. After all, the college and pro games share vast similarity...same number of players, same size of field, same basic rules, etc. There really isn't any reason for the projections to be so terrible.

Market share is the new term for productivity as it relates to the draft. It has emerged like the term arm talent did a decade or more ago. The draft forums are generally flooded with subjective geek types but some of them have become more accepting of market share, as it has been demonstrated to own high correlation to success. Posters who I never imagined would use the term are now isolating market share as a variable.

This guy is my favorite draft analyst in terms of using analytics and market share and age, etc. I'll link to his most recent video on YouTube, examining Dextor Lawrence from Clemson. You'll see how the market share specifics in bar graph form are very early in the video. No doubt he'll eventually spotlight some of the Canes players either individually or in his position-specific videos:

Advertisement
And that is one reason the draft connect rate has been so abysmal. They have ignored production as opposed to how you look running and jumping in shorts. In any other profession the hiring practices would be ripped apart and everyone fired with an error rate like that. After all, the college and pro games share vast similarity...same number of players, same size of field, same basic rules, etc. There really isn't any reason for the projections to be so terrible.

Market share is the new term for productivity as it relates to the draft. It has emerged like the term arm talent did a decade or more ago. The draft forums are generally flooded with subjective geek types but some of them have become more accepting of market share, as it has been demonstrated to own high correlation to success. Posters who I never imagined would use the term are now isolating market share as a variable.

This guy is my favorite draft analyst in terms of using analytics and market share and age, etc. I'll link to his most recent video on YouTube, examining Dextor Lawrence from Clemson. You'll see how the market share specifics in bar graph form are very early in the video. No doubt he'll eventually spotlight some of the Canes players either individually or in his position-specific videos:

Bingo.

Advertisement
Back