NFL Black Monday/Firings

Advertisement
Long for sure was an insurance policy. But I don’t see how Gesicki doesn’t fit the scheme. I’d rather the RB and WRs be on rookie contracts. The OL be more sr. At some point you need a few all stars in their prime on the squad.

If they decide to ride with Tua next year they need to sign him. They will most likely have a new QB in 2023 and that person will need a Gesicki. If they go after a Wilson, Carr, Watson scenario in the off-season, gonna be tough decisions. I believe the salary cap is going up next year. Not sure by how much.

I
Gesicki is overrated and can easily be taken out of games. He doesn’t deserve top ten money as he is basically a slow WR who’s only good at seams and a spectacular catch every two games.

I'm sure you didn't watch many games because it's the Lions but he makes the worse GameDay decisions I've ever seen. He is a buffoon the final score doesn’t tell the story of incompetence. We should have easily won 4 or 5 more games. (Let's not forget the team played "hard" for Manny Diaz)
Didn't watch many lions games but they did cover their spread 11/17 games. Only losing team to do that. Should have beat ravens to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree but Flores has made a lot of bad coordinators hires and assistant coaching hires so if he his retained minimum need New OC and OLine coach
Disagree. The staff as a whole right now is the right staff. You’re asking Godsey to make Lemonade with onions right now and he had us in almost every game this year despite that. OL coach can be moved on from.

Last edited:
Tbh, Flores has Tua as QB. I don’t think he’s a bad coach at all - he’s handicapped with a bad OC, o-line, and a bottom 10 QB.

His leash is shortened for sure, but I’d give up on Tua and get a better QB, new o-line coach, new o-coordinator. And absolutely fire Grier.
Godsey isn’t a bad OC. The guy had us in almost every game this year even when the D wasn’t up to par. The offense is just talentless.

As a Ravens fan I hope we fire both Greg Roman & Wink Martindale.

Replace Roman with Mike Kafka or Joe Bleymaier & replace Martindale with Vic Fn Fangio or Vance Joseph.
What? Wink is probably going to be interviewed for HC jobs this offseason. Same with Roman. Your problem is that Lamar isn’t developing as a passer and teams are figuring y’all out. New coordinators aren’t going to fix that.

Advertisement
Flores needs more power imo. Guy knows how to get the best performance out of everybody. That’s usually a sign of a good evaluator too.
Flores gets guys to play hard which is huge. Saddled with Grier as his GM is a big weight. Grier's free agency management, both retention and incoming guys is maybe the worst in the league.

Advertisement
What? Wink is probably going to be interviewed for HC jobs this offseason. Same with Roman. Your problem is that Lamar isn’t developing as a passer and teams are figuring y’all out. New coordinators aren’t going to fix that.
Not developing as a passer is the kindest thing anyone could say about Jackson's passing. He's downright awful.

Long for sure was an insurance policy. But I don’t see how Gesicki doesn’t fit the scheme. I’d rather the RB and WRs be on rookie contracts. The OL be more sr. At some point you need a few all stars in their prime on the squad.

If they decide to ride with Tua next year they need to sign him. They will most likely have a new QB in 2023 and that person will need a Gesicki. If they go after a Wilson, Carr, Watson scenario in the off-season, gonna be tough decisions. I believe the salary cap is going up next year. Not sure by how much.

I
Let him hit the market then franchise tag him..simple. yes worth around 11mil anyway imo

Advertisement
Back