NFL 53 man roster bloodbath

Does Gus claim us or Rutgers?
I see it differently... any player that attended multiple schools can be "claimed" by all the schools. The only exception would be is if the player never recorded meaningful snaps. (Ex. Cam Newton at uf and Burrow at osu)
However, a player like KJ Osborn can be claimed by Miami and Buffalo because he was a starter for both schools. Same with Russell Wilson at NC St and Wisc. So it's not about claiming, it's about recognizing a player played for your school.

Advertisement
His profile says from Rutgers. What I heard him say is he’ll always be a Hurricane, but he’s listed from Rutgers, & I’m going to assume if he made it to the HOF, the school listed for him will be Rutgers.

Furthermore, if I’m going to be frank, the only reason he’s even being claimed is b/c he made it to the league & stayed in the league. He was completely trashed by majority of us while here, replaying highlights of how “soft” he was as DP body slammed him.
Perryman used to light gus *** up lmao

Regardless of whether or not we claim the the transfers, the talent level has dropped off a cliff. It’s undeniable.

Advertisement
I see it differently... any player that attended multiple schools can be "claimed" by all the schools. The only exception would be is if the player never recorded meaningful snaps. (Ex. Cam Newton at uf and Burrow at osu)
However, a player like KJ Osborn can be claimed by Miami and Buffalo because he was a starter for both schools. Same with Russell Wilson at NC St and Wisc. So it's not about claiming, it's about recognizing a player played for your school.
But to me the player should be permitted to be announced as being from the school he wants first and foremost.

But to me the player should be permitted to be announced as being from the school he wants first and foremost.
It's very easy to settle this argument.

Google "NFL players by College". Every single result will have Gus listed under Rutgers.

If you're putting together a list of "Miami players in the NFL" - Gus can't be on it. End of story.

I'm happy Gus claims Miami, but it's an asterisk and interesting footnote.

Google "NFL players by College". Every single result will have Gus listed under Rutgers.

If you're putting together a list of "Miami players in the NFL" - Gus can't be on it. End of story.

Personally I see him as a Rutgers player for the reasons @Rellyrell already said but I still think a player who attended multiple schools should be the one who chooses where he is announced from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Personally I see him as a Rutgers player for the reasons @Rellyrell already said but I still think a player who attended multiple schools should be the one who chooses where he is announced from.
I agree with you and @Rellyrell that Gus is Rutgers.

And any player who attended multiple schools is free to claim any school he wants.

But when keeping records, and doing "official" counts - the last school they attended is the only one that counts. That's just how it works.

I never gave up on Gus, liked him better than Yearby and Walton. So I’m claiming him.

Phillips absolutely gets claimed because he would have been out of football otherwise. Colbert too.

Delaney and Osborn I can see not adding them since we didn’t give them any boost after they switched schools.

Cager can be a bulldog for all I care.
Who we claim should be based on who the player wants to claim.

I agree with you and @Rellyrell that Gus is Rutgers.

And any player who attended multiple schools is free to claim any school he wants.

But when keeping records, and doing "official" counts - the last school they attended is the only one that counts. That's just how it works.

Man; again, it’s indicative of where we are as a program. Like I said in another post, we did that chit w/ Storm Johnson too. We’re literally scraping the bottom of the barrel, bruh. Chit is sad af.

Could u imagine claiming ur ex when she got another ninja’s last name? Lol. I don’t give a Fck what she tells her homegirls; she got another ninja’s name. Lol.

Advertisement

And if you Google Tom Brady its going to say he's a Buccaneer. At the end of the day, Gus was a Cane, no denying that. Who cares about who claims him, he played for us therefore, I root for him in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back