NFL 53 man roster bloodbath

This! U can’t have it both ways. At the end of the day, Gus entered the NFL as Rutgers. That’s what his NFL profile says. Osborn entered the NFL as a Cane; that’s what his profile says. If we’re claiming Gus, then we can’t claim Osborn, Rochè, or Colbert. All those guys were graduates from another institution before coming over here.
Or, get this, maybe rellyrell's opinion on the matter of which school Gus Edwards claims as his alma mater doesn't matter quite as much as the opinion of... Gus Edwards?

Crazy, I know.

Advertisement
Or, get this, maybe rellyrell's opinion on the matter of which school Gus Edwards claims as his alma mater doesn't matter quite as much as the opinion of... Gus Edwards?

Crazy, I know.

Yea thats the thing...How can we tell a player what school HE wants to claim.... Especially a kid like KJ Osborn who likely isnt even drafted unless came here

Crazy, I know.

Or how bout this; it’s not a f’ing opinion genius. His alma mater IS The University of Miami. He went to Rutgers for an, wait for it….nah blood still wait…..

AN OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO THE NFL. One that his “alma mater” didn’t afford him. His body at work at Rutgers earned him a UDFA opportunity, HENCE he came into the league as a member of Rutgers, which is y his entire profile says Rutgers.

Advertisement
Or how bout this; it’s not a f’ing opinion genius. His alma mater IS The University of Miami. He went to Rutgers for an, wait for it….nah blood still wait…..

AN OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO THE NFL. One that his “alma mater” didn’t afford him. His body at work at Rutgers earned him a UDFA opportunity, HENCE he came into the league as a member of Rutgers, which is y his entire profile says Rutgers.
LOL. So if Gus tells NFL.com to get it right, and change his profile to Miami, then we are "allowed" to claim him, right?

Advertisement
So we’re claiming Gus, huh? I guess Buffalo should claim KJ Osborne & Texas, Colbert. Smh.

This is indicative of where we are; the fact we’re claiming players that transferred to other schools to hold on to some semblance of our old mantra of NFLU. (Yeah I know Gus graduated from Miami, but he entered the league from Rutgers University, just like Cager entered under The University of Georgia)

We have a grip of bubble players in the league, and zero stars (yes Campbell & Graham WERE stars, but r past their prime). That’s something that HAS to change. Looking forward to JP & GR to break this trend.
Not to be that guy but couldn’t you say that UCLA could claim Phillips based on your logic above? I know he had his breakout year here but he played there for 2 seasons and it wasn’t like he was a scrub there

R we claiming Colbert, Rochè, Osborn, Delaney, or nah?
I think it’s more about if they claim us then if we claim them. Like if they were on a Sunday night football starters intro would they say their past school or the U. Only one I feel we can legitimately “claim” is Colbert cause he’s been an ambassador to the program in some ways with transfers etc, the other ones I’m not as sold

Advertisement
Not to be that guy but couldn’t you say that UCLA could claim Phillips based on your logic above? I know he had his breakout year here but he played there for 2 seasons and it wasn’t like he was a scrub there

It’s not the same b/c JP didn’t graduate from UCLA. This is strictly talking about how we’re so quick to claim guys who move on to other programs (we did this same chit w/ Storm Johnson, too) b/c we’re trying to desperately hold on to our past mantra, and it’s low key thirsty. But OK, that’s fine, but if we’re going to claim guys that graduated, BUT transferred to other schools to pursue their NFL dreams which wasn’t available here, then what gives us the right to claim guys who transferred as graduates from other schools, but came to here to pursue their NFL dreams? We can’t have it both ways.

I think it’s more about if they claim us then if we claim them. Like if they were on a Sunday night football starters intro would they say their past school or the U. Only one I feel we can legitimately “claim” is Colbert cause he’s been an ambassador to the program in some ways with transfers etc, the other ones I’m not as sold

Man, when I hear from The University of Miami & a player walk that stage, I don’t give a fck if they were hear for 3 yrs, 4 yrs, or 1 yr. But when I see a former player & he’s introduced as from The University of Bum Fck, that’s theirs.

Again, the ONLY reason y Gus is being claimed b/c he’s still in the league. Just like some were trying to claim Cager last yr after he was trashed but he made the roster.

Advertisement
Sure. If Colbert, Roche, Osborn and Delaney say they are "Hurricanes for life" and wear canes shirts to their rookie photo shoots, and say "The U" in their Monday night intro - I'm not going to argue with them.

OK bro; u got it.

Man, when I hear from The University of Miami & a player walk that stage, I don’t give a fck if they were hear for 3 yrs, 4 yrs, or 1 yr. But when I see a former player & he’s introduced as from The University of Bum Fck, that’s theirs.

Again, the ONLY reason y Gus is being claimed b/c he’s still in the league. Just like some were trying to claim Cager last yr after he was trashed but he made the roster.
Does Gus claim us or Rutgers?

Does Gus claim us or Rutgers?

I’ve never personally heard him claim us or them. I just always hear the young RB from Rutgers. I’m trying to find any article, video, something showing he claims us. The only thing I vaguely remember him saying is that he’ll always be a Hurricane, which is true. But all his pre-NFL highlights were from Rutgers. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Back