Next year's DE Rotation

Advertisement
What's Ishmael's story? Is he a project type?

It means nada, but he reminded me a little of Rousseau on the sidelines. Really tall kid with long arms. Underweight too. But seemed like an interesting athlete.

We are just going to have to beat teams 60-50 scorelines every game.

I have sadly come to this conclusion for 2022.
Maybe, man, but...

1639000589643.png

Perhaps I'm one of the few remaining dumbasses who likes to watch defense. I realize there aren't shut down defenses anymore, but we've gotta get some stops.

Maybe, man, but...

View attachment 166996

Perhaps I'm one of the few remaining dumbasses who likes to watch defense. I realize there aren't shut down defenses anymore, but we've gotta get some stops.
I am with you man. That is why I said I was sadly coming to that conclusion.
Hopefully we can patch something together with bandaids and duct tape from the portal/ frosh class but it is not looking good.

Just have to hope the offense and special teams play above their heads and lead us to a coastal.

Put full court on keeping Stevenson and go all out to get Eli Ricks. Then bring T2 to the U. Sign one big time DE transfer and load up with 2022 recruits

Advertisement
What's Ishmael's story? Is he a project type?

It means nada, but he reminded me a little of Rousseau on the sidelines. Really tall kid with long arms. Underweight too. But seemed like an interesting athlete.

To me he's just a classic looks like Tarzan tape like Jane type.

Say what you will about our linebackers, and they were bad, but going from Rosseau/Phillips/Roche over the past two years to what we fielded this season is the biggest reason in my eyes the defense took an enormous step back.

I saw this on the recruiting board:

I'll wrap this one up with Gators transfer defensive end
Khris Bogle
. He visited Michigan State and loved it but could also visit Alabama and Miami soon as well. Alabama was the choice out of high school before a last moment change of mind and the hire of Mario Cristobal has many interested in the Hurricanes now. But confidence is high in East Lansing after a great season and the way Mel Tucker recruits the portal.

So I went into our roster to do a deep dive on our projected 2022 DE rotation.

I accidentally hit my head on the cement bottom. Holy ****.

We have Chantz, Harvey, Roberts (tweener right now; thought he'd grow into a 3T), Thomas Davis (is he big enough yet?), and Ishmael (who some say may not play here). Even if we pick up Kelly (best player I've seen on film this year), Stewart (I think he may grow into a 3T, but clearly have been wrong before), and another HS recruit, do we need two portal DEs (with one as a starter)?

In MC I trust..
Don’t look at our current roster friend , especially the defense. Stir clear. It’s not healthy.

Wait until summer before checking it again.

Advertisement
i think Bogle could start here. i thought he flashed in 2020 and this year was stuck behind Zachary Carter & Brenton Cox who led the team in TFL and sacks. plus the defense/team there was such a mess overall. he's maybe a bit slight in terms of body type but is still prob further along physically than anyone in our rotation outside of Harvey.

i wonder if the well is too poisoned here tho. Mich St has some momentum w/ the portal after this season which seems to matter (as we know). probably not gonna happen.

Advertisement

Khris Bogle
. He visited Michigan State and loved it but could also visit Alabama and Miami soon as well. Alabama was the choice out of high school before a last moment change of mind and the hire of Mario Cristobal has many interested in the Hurricanes now. But confidence is high in East Lansing after a great season and the way Mel Tucker recruits the portal.

We have Chantz, Harvey, Roberts (tweener right now; thought he'd grow into a 3T), Thomas Davis (is he big enough yet?), and Ishmael (who some say may not play here). Even if we pick up Kelly (best player I've seen on film this year), Stewart (I think he may grow into a 3T, but clearly have been wrong before), and another HS recruit, do we need two portal DEs (with one as a starter)?

In MC I trust..

****** manny recruiting strikes again. Need to get the best De in the portal to bridge the gap

Khris Bogle

In MC I trust..
At least one probably 2. Unless those guys take a jump there isn’t a beast on the roster. Chantz and Roberts flash but not enough currently. Need competition baldy.

Also elite DEs are the rarest commodities on the roster who are not throwing the ball.

Advertisement
Yes, i was shocked as well. Those four are it for defensive end. Cristobal's first major test in recruiting is closing on Kelly and Stewart at this position, then bringing in two portal kids who are ready to play ASAP.

Also, at cornerback, gotta close on Rogers and Graves and grab two more portal or recruits that can contribute immediately. The wildcard is not only Stevenson but Blades, can he come back to his former starting caliber self?

At defensive tackle, we have a nice duo of Harrison and Taylor, with Roberts and Miller backing them up, plus Haye in reserve. We need that JUCO M'ba and Lucas.

We actually can field a potentially talented starting unit at linebacker. Assuming we do away with the striker position, we got Chase, Keontra, and Cave. I still think Brooks can make an impact but his **** foot keeps getting in the way. Steed is a solid veteran backup. Harrell is a big safety type that could move down. I think a portal LB and Bissainthe are all we need, but if we somehow reel in that former Oregon commit from Bama, Dudley, I ain't gonna complain :ROFLMAO:

I’d go heavy on defense . DL, Lb and Cb. Then ol and one vet wr.

I’d use 7-8 spots on the portal.
Any word on interest with the FIU OL everyone supposedly raves about? I haven’t watched a single snap of his film.

Advertisement
Back