Next steps after RB Henry Parrish's departure

IDK man, just feel like something is brewing. D$ (and others) knew about Parrish leaving, talks about Miami looking for a Cam Ward type talent. I know D$ feeds us some koolaid during spring ball but no reason to hype up a would be transfer for no reason. Could have just left it at they will be aggressive or aim high as you said which is basic coach speak.

Then Josh Pate posts about Parrish leaving and says Miami will backfill that spot adequately post spring. Pate does not really highlight transfers unless it is a big name guy (downs, Proctor, Ward, etc.) so for him to pick up Parrish, a good but not great back and already comment about his replacement was odd. Then he comments about how Proctor going back to Bama isnt even the top 3 rumors he has heard when it comes to the spring portal (could be related to us, could be nothing)

Then d$ re-opens the portal board, which I believe he closed it because he thought there would not be enough traffic once fall portal closed. I doubt a 20-age thread on Parrish is what moved the needle, I think something more is coming. Again, could be nothing, we apparently had deep talks with Worthy and Flowers but nothing materialized. IDK just seems like a lot of smoke.

Nearly all of our coaches have only been on staff for one year.

Do a Venn diagram. UM coaching staff resumes on one side. Top 2023 performers on the other side.

Peaches & Herb...

Advertisement
I got a lot of flack stating our RB room wasn't as good as people thought it was. I'll go even further to say if Fletcher doesn't get faster and sees the field better, he will be next. Remember I said if he doesn't get faster and doesn't improve his vision.

Henderson not leaving fvck boy State

b088f72b-ad3d-4b07-bc66-fc4bec88c7da_text.gif

Advertisement
IDK man, just feel like something is brewing. D$ (and others) knew about Parrish leaving, talks about Miami looking for a Cam Ward type talent. I know D$ feeds us some koolaid during spring ball but no reason to hype up a would be transfer for no reason. Could have just left it at they will be aggressive or aim high as you said which is basic coach speak.

Then Josh Pate posts about Parrish leaving and says Miami will backfill that spot adequately post spring. Pate does not really highlight transfers unless it is a big name guy (downs, Proctor, Ward, etc.) so for him to pick up Parrish, a good but not great back and already comment about his replacement was odd. Then he comments about how Proctor going back to Bama isnt even the top 3 rumors he has heard when it comes to the spring portal (could be related to us, could be nothing)

Then d$ re-opens the portal board, which I believe he closed it because he thought there would not be enough traffic once fall portal closed. I doubt a 20-age thread on Parrish is what moved the needle, I think something more is coming. Again, could be nothing, we apparently had deep talks with Worthy and Flowers but nothing materialized. IDK just seems like a lot of smoke.
1710962389486.gif

I'm sorry but players aren't inking NIL deals like this playing in college towns. Stuff like this is a proof of concept that playing in major market like Miami gives an athlete access to opportunities that they likely wouldn't have at 98% of the other programs in CFB

NIL collectives of large public universities if run right can even the odds. But I agree with you that NIL is a more natural fit in major metropolitan areas, especially those with a vibrant marketing-led big business culture.

Anyone else not seeing the need to add a 7th RB?

2022: Citizen, Allen
2023: Fletcher, Johnson
2024: Hellcat, Lyle

Advertisement

Citizen’s injury is a mystery. No one knows his durability and if he will be the same again.

Fletcher’s foot injury is another mystery and the longer he takes to get back the more speculation there has been about this being a more serious type of foot injury.

So the two backs with the highest ceiling and ratings on our roster have potential serious injuries to recover from.

The rest are too small at this moment for what Mario wants.
We need studs from day 1 that are healthy and experienced.
Portal shopping for a 1 year elite back is smart and a good insurance policy considering the very high injury rate for that position.

+ Citizen is TBD
+ Fletcher checked into the roach motel that is the Miami training room.
+ Allen has the contact balance of an 11-month old fat baby.
+ Johnson, Lyle, and CWH are unknowns until the bullets start flying

We shouldn't add a 7th RB we should add a RB1.

Exactly - it's about how good are the Top 1-2 guys you're giving carries too, not how good your #5-6 guy is.

We've just been extremely unlucky with ACL's recently - Cam, Chaney, Citizen.

Before that who were the last RB's to tear ACL's or have major injuries in the last 15 years? Trayone Gray & Graig Cooper? Tyrone Moss? Recent events makes it feel like it happens all the time when it really doesn't.

Our leading rusher the past 4 years has been - Parrish, Parrish, Knighton & Cam

We're no worse than that if we don't add any RB's and our depth is fine. It's about how good our RB1 can be.

Advertisement
We'll never know what we have in many Mario recruits if the MO every offseason is to find a senior starter in the portal at every position. If there's a clear upgrade available then pick 'em up but there's a trend developing of addressing perceived deficiencies through the portal almost as a reflex. If you recruit a position well then let them play.

QB - Adding Ward, Poff was a no-brainer due to poor recruiting. Obviously all set at QB in 2024.
RB - 6 blue chip talents already on the roster without Parrish. So what that they're young? Let them play and compete.
WR - Ladson and Harrell took snaps away from younger players in 2022-23. Recruiting has gone quite well. Let the FR play.
TE - McCormick had no business returning in 2024. No one likes his game. Williams, Lofton and Arroyo were elite recruits. Let them play.
OL - Made sense adding Carpenter but recruiting there has been great otherwise. Let Okunlola, Kinsler, Tripp, etc play in 2024.
DE - Did not need to add Alston imo with Mesidor, Bain, Kelly, Wayne, Lightfoot, Blount, Bryant, Pickett, Rudolph, McConathy already in the mix.
DT - Recruiting has been poor but Clark, Gore, Cook, Campbell are JAGs (imo) who will steal time from guys with higher ceilings in Moten, Horton, Scott, Jones.
LB - Kiko was a great addition. Recruiting has been very good and there's no need to add anyone.
CB - Recruiting has been horrific and adding Richard, Freeney, Porter was certainly needed. Arguably still need help but let Brown, Stafford, Mack play.
S - Powell was a nice pick up. No issue with adding Riley. Let Zaquon play early in 2024 or find a new job, Guidry.

z_vPu4.gif

Last edited:
We'll never know what we have in many Mario recruits if the MO every offseason is to find a senior starter in the portal at every position. If there's a clear upgrade available then pick 'em up but there's a trend developing of addressing perceived deficiencies through the portal almost as a reflex. If you recruit a position well then let them play.

QB - Adding Ward, Poff was a no-brainer due to poor recruiting. Obviously all set at QB in 2024.
RB - 6 blue chip talents already on the roster without Parrish. So what that they're young? Let them play and compete.
WR - Ladson and Harrell took snaps away from younger players in 2022-23. Recruiting has gone quite well. Let the FR play.
TE - McCormick had no business returning in 2024. No one likes his game. Williams, Lofton and Arroyo were elite recruits. Let them play.
OL - Made sense adding Carpenter but recruiting there has been great otherwise. Let Okunlola, Kinsler, Tripp, etc play in 2024.
DE - Did not need to add Alston imo with Mesidor, Bain, Kelly, Wayne, Lightfoot, Blount, Bryant, Pickett, Rudolph, McConathy already in the mix.
DT - Recruiting has been poor but Clark, Gore, Cook, Campbell are JAGs (imo) who will steal time from guys with higher ceilings in Moten, Horton, Scott, Jones.
LB - Kiko was a great addition. Recruiting has been very good and there's no need to add anyone.
CB - Recruiting has been horrific and adding Richard, Freeney, Porter was certainly needed. Arguably still need help but let Brown, Stafford, Mack play.
S - Powell was a nice pick up. No issue with adding Riley. Let Zaquon play early in 2024 or find a new job, Guidry.

z_vPu4.gif
Only thing I'm addressing is the bold. None of these guys have shown anything to play or stayed on the field more than a few games...

+ Citizen is TBD
+ Fletcher checked into the roach motel that is the Miami training room.
+ Allen has the contact balance of an 11-month old fat baby.
+ Johnson, Lyle, and CWH are unknowns until the bullets start flying

We do this every ******* year and nobody in this stupid hellscape learns a ******* thing.

I heard for 8 months how we had a Top 15 RB room a few years ago, and I looked up one week and something called a Jimmy Smurphy was running around with a football. I told my wife how cute it was how they let a Make-A-Wish kid realize his dream during halftime, and she told me there was 3 minutes left to go in the 3rd quarter.

Advertisement

z_vPu4.gif
samurai champloo jin GIF

[]__[] need a proven RB to complement the Cam and elevate the room; there's talent, but too many questions right now.

We have a great opportunity this season and should maximize our chance to succeed.

Advertisement
Back