New Weight Room

Who said that?

The fields are aligned north-to-south. But the two full 100 yard fields will likely move to the west. They will put a new field where the track is, since the field along the canal will be partially cannibalized by the IPF expansion.

So...two fields will move in a westward direction. Not complicated.
Oh ok got it. The field along the canal is already under 100 yards. I wonder what the **** all of that is going to look like.

Advertisement
OK; that makes sense. Bleacher seating + sunlight = nooooo lord, why?! Lol

It was strange. I'm not being critical of Dan, I just think we were surprised on the stadium capacity response. You may not be able to tell from my pictures, but there are two bleachers down the third base side. BEFORE the meeting, I was thinking "hey, we could just build a permanent structure here, it would be awesome".

I am not completely certain what role the "overhang" would play. Mid-week games are at night. Friday games are at night. Saturday games might have different times, but about half of your home schedule involves nighttime games. Rain impacts the field as much, if not more, than the stands.

I don't know...but I do trust the people in charge.

Oh ok got it. The field along the canal is already under 100 yards. I wonder what the **** all of that is going to look like.

Yes, that is completely correct. The Ponce/Alhambra parking garage kinda ate up a tiny corner of the southern end of the easternmost Greentree field, and an IPF expansion would wipe out a big chunk of the northern end of the field. And if you actually look closely on Google Earth, it looks like the southern goalpost on the (current) easternmost field is on the goal-line, not the end line. So it's a 100 yard field missing a chunk of end zone and having the goal-post at the goal line like it's 1957.

You could probably use "what's left" of the easternmost field as a "linemen practice area" half-field, but if you want two full REGULATION-SIZE outdoor fields, you have to move to the west, where the track currently sits.

Advertisement
Exceptional work @TheOriginalCane. I look forward to the video version with you, DBJ and Zagaki.

Thanks! Can you tell I used to be in President's 100? It's where I mastered the art of walking backwards and telling people to look to the right or left while gesturing with my opposite arm...and we had white polos in the 1980s, not orange...

1655229131023.png

Yes, that is completely correct. The Ponce/Alhambra parking garage kinda ate up a tiny corner of the southern end of the easternmost Greentree field, and an IPF expansion would wipe out a big chunk of the northern end of the field. And if you actually look closely on Google Earth, it looks like the southern goalpost on the (current) easternmost field is on the goal-line, not the end line. So it's a 100 yard field missing a chunk of end zone and having the goal-post at the goal line like it's 1957.

You could probably use "what's left" of the easternmost field as a "linemen practice area" half-field, but if you want two full REGULATION-SIZE outdoor fields, you have to move to the west, where the track currently sits.
Speaking only for myself, having went to a lot of baseball games this year - I actively avoided any and all day games that could leave me cooking in the sun and feeling overheated.

I’d have gone to a lot more with a promise of shade. **** I thought about lower level season tickets until I noticed in every day game folks roasting and fanning/hiding under umbrellas.

Speaking only for myself, having went to a lot of baseball games this year - I actively avoided any and all day games that could leave me cooking in the sun and feeling overheated.

I’d have gone to a lot more with a promise of shade. **** I thought about lower level season tickets until I noticed in every day game folks roasting and fanning/hiding under umbrellas.

I'm not saying that there is NO merit, I'm just questioning the cost "as an improvement", as opposed to just reconstructing the entire thing. Would love to see them build some sort of weather cover as a part of the structure, not just as a bolt-on piece.

Keep in mind, from when I was an undergrad, we have lost some of the first-base seating capacity when they built those buildings down on that side of the stadium. So I would love to see something a bit more modern and integrated for the rest of the space.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not saying that there is NO merit, I'm just questioning the cost "as an improvement", as opposed to just reconstructing the entire thing. Would love to see them build some sort of weather cover as a part of the structure, not just as a bolt-on piece.

Keep in mind, from when I was an undergrad, we have lost some of the first-base seating capacity when they built those buildings down on that side of the stadium. So I would love to see something a bit more modern and integrated for the rest of the space.

Just my 2 cents.
We agree. Keep me out of the sun and I’ll go to more games and fire down 5-10 light beers like nobodies business.

The guy making the Ric Flair “Whooooooo” yells is probably me.

Advertisement
rok, do you have concerns about your seed? Will the grounds be less fertile if the field is east/west?

Advertisement
View attachment 189257
View attachment 189258

Him too, I went to UM for a long time and got three degrees...

View attachment 189259

Sorry, had to take a second picture:

View attachment 189260

The key takeaway here is that we need a digital scoreboard that can be updated in real time. Engraving is insufficient here. And @Rellyrell can see the AF1s.

View attachment 189261

And to your left, we are just about to go into the offices...shhhhh....I don't think the Hecht receptionist thought I would get this far...

View attachment 189262
They need to Add HOF's to this board.

Advertisement
rok, do you have concerns about your seed? Will the grounds be less fertile if the field is east/west?
Use my select seed, and your turf will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening blades shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun. Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.

Use my select seed, and your turf will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening blades shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun. Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.
Summer Burn GIF by NETFLIX

@nystateofmind - ever thought about horticulture?

Advertisement
Back