New Transfer Committed

Pretty sure if some of these other olineman we got transfer out, this dude can just replace them without using an additional scholarship... And there are definitely some guys who should transfer out. Just tbd if they do it not

Advertisement
Scaife will be in a battle all season with Williams... so if the Guard spot opens its more than likely his... The new guard is so that we can ease the blow for next year...

Here is UNLV vs SDSU which had one of the better dlines in the MWC in 2020.

Go Canes

He got worked. Gave up at least 5 pressure's just in the first half. SD was sending exotic looks and stunts and it was confusing him and everyone else. OL probably allowed pressure on 85% of the Dropbacks. Granted it's extremely hard for an OLineman to due his job when the rest of the OL is a revolving door

Advertisement
We get a commitment they complain. A guy signs elsewhere they complain. This has to be the absolute worse fanbase in college sports
Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

I’m not dissing the guy. I’m not calling him mediocre. I’m saying the selection is. With the need we have at LB or DE we go get a Guard who may never really play. That’s mediocre

You never really know what you've got with an OL recruit until he gets there, puts in the work, and how he gels with the young men in the line beside him.

The biggest thing people forget about the OL (unless they're just all maulers) is how they work as a unit. It's the closest thing to a hive mind you'll have on the football field. What I mean by that is you all work together, feel where the guy beside you is, know exactly what he's going to do in any situations. Basically working as one person in five bodies.

You also never know when that's going to occur and sometimes it never does in a year. Sometimes you've got a pair working together and sometimes more. The idea is to all be on the same page, but it doesn't work that way as often as you'd like.

Unless you've played the position, it's hard to explain. Similar to that is the way some receivers an QB's are attuned to one another. Add in the back as an extension of the OL and that's what we had in some past units. It's just that feel. It's also why they are together off the field as well.

Does this guy look beastmode, can't miss, etc? No, but we've had mediocre line play for a long time now. One guy or two can change that.

I've said it in the past, but I hate it when coaches constantly shuffle players around. I know you have to at times (injuries, something just isn't clicking, etc) and they're looking for that magic combo, but you don't get that feel for the man beside you that way.

Advertisement
Before we **** on players, at least have him practice once.

Wonder how many of yall didnt give Zion another chance after his first season. Jesus...

It costs $160K ( 2yrs of eligibility) and a chance at a 4 yr prep player from the 2022 class to give Justice one practice as a grad transfer. Sorry that's a steep price for a G5 non all conference backup player at Miami.

I posted the UNLV vs SDSU full game video, go watch it then tell me that Justice didn't get served. SDSU owned him with their stunts and blitzes.

Against the two P5 schools UNLV played in 2019 he was again a turnstile.

Go Canes

Last edited:
It costs $160K ( 2yrs of eligibility) and a chance at a 4 yr prep player from the 2022 class to give Justice one practice as a grad transfer. Sorry that's a steep price for a G5 non all conference backup player at Miami.

I posted the UNLV vs SDSU full game video, go watch it then tell me that Justice didn't get served. SDSU owned him with their stunts and blitzes.

Against the two P5 schools UNLV played in 2019 he was again a turnstile.

Go Canes
1. Good to know stunts and blitzes are a one man problem (Spoiler: wrong). 2. Oh, was he? How about a play-by-play breakdown then? 3. Backup player? How do you know? Are you coach Justice?

I understand that. I guess what I was, in-artfully, saying is he appears to be our 9th best OL....
All I will say is refer back to the video part 2. Check out the highlight around 1:26-1:28. Look at what he does there and project what we have seen from our OL when they are left in space. Hola back at me once you do.

Advertisement
All I will say is refer back to the video part 2. Check out the highlight around 1:26-1:28. Look at what he does there and project what we have seen from our OL when they are left in space. Hola back at me once you do.
So, I did as you suggested and what I saw was a RT who can certainly run block guys who are smaller than he is-very good effort. But, I did not see him block anyone who was as big as he is. I hope he turns into an NFL HOF OL but I think there is a reason we didn't have to beat any top teams for his services. My gut tells me that our new OL coach is not wowed by our current roster and thinks this "promotion" will help depth.

Advertisement
1. Good to know stunts and blitzes are a one man problem (Spoiler: wrong). 2. Oh, was he? How about a play-by-play breakdown then? 3. Backup player? How do you know? Are you coach Justice?
Did you watch the video, because video doesn't lie. Go watch the video of his play an then come back to us, until you have watched the whole video please be quite. **** just watch the 1st half He is playing Tackle.

Go Canes

Did you watch the video, because video doesn't lie. Go watch the video of his play an then come back to us, until you have watched the whole video please be quite. **** just watch the 1st half He is playing Tackle.

Go Canes
Make a play-by-play breakdown or be quite yourself.

This a good pickup. 3 years into college so isn’t coming in with that high school S&C, his play strength will already be there.

It’s like having a 2018 recruit who’s now ready to play, but already has college experience.

Advertisement
Back