NEW TO THE SITE

Thank you. Yes he said he did a whole SPARQ Test. I wouldn't waste anyone's time. I've been away from him for 5 years. I can honestly say he's a better DB than Ivey is right now. His technique is better and he's faster. He's just not as strong. Also, as a junior he averaged 25.6 yards a catch. Who's the personal guy I should reach out to regarding my son? I'm also more than willing to fly him down to be evaluated by the staff.

You might want to reach out to Demarcus Van Dyke at UM. He is a former DB for UM, he is currently NOT a coach, but is on our recruiting & support staff. Of all of our Athletic Department admin folks, I would think he would be the best one to be able to evaluate DB traits and film.

Advertisement
That’s flying. Did he do the whole SPARQ test? I know there is a private database that coaches can access. The name is blanking but I’ll find out. Those athletic numbers will catch attention. You might be better off sending directly to a school’s personnel guy as opposed to a coach.
At the opening in Springfield he was top 2 in the shuttle and he had the fastest time in the L cone.

That’s flying. Did he do the whole SPARQ test? I know there is a private database that coaches can access. The name is blanking but I’ll find out. Those athletic numbers will catch attention. You might be better off sending directly to a school’s personnel guy as opposed to a coach.
At the opening in Springfield he was top 2 in the shuttle and he had the fastest time in the L cone

I do not want to confuse the issue, but there MIGHT be a limitation on in-person physical evaluations during this dead recruiting period. You may still be able to visit, but you may not be able to do some of the "normal" activities.

You may want to have all of the video and statistical data saved to a thumb drive that can be handed to a coach or staffer.

Just some basic info. I do know that Dade County has one of the stricter sets of rules in Florida regarding Covid restrictions. I live near Orlando and went down for the Miami-F$U game, and there was a curfew in Dade at the time. Having said that, I did take my family on a walking tour of the campus, so you might want to consider that. I have no idea what the restrictions might be in the Athletic Department areas (i.e., maybe you are allowed to visit the Administrative areas of the Hecht Athletic Center, but they might have limits on some of the practice areas). You would probably want to call ahead and see if any arrangements can be made in advance. We have no more bye weeks, but I would imagine that the coaches would be available after the North Carolina game, if the ACC-CG is Clemson vs. Notre Dame.

A couple of thoughts for you, if traveling to Miami. The campus is very small and compact, it is easy to see and easy to walk around in just a couple of hours. Outside of the Hecht Athletic Center, you should take a look at the new dormitory on Lake Osceola and the new Student Center. I think the academic areas are going to be harder to tour, with as many online classes as they are having right now.
Thank you for the wealth of information. Very helpful for my wife and I. We would love to bring him down and tour the campus. Because of Covid and him being a senior this year, I feel a sense of urgency to get him seen. Thanks again for so much helpful information.

Advertisement
You might want to reach out to Demarcus Van Dyke at UM. He is a former DB for UM, he is currently NOT a coach, but is on our recruiting & support staff. Of all of our Athletic Department admin folks, I would think he would be the best one to be able to evaluate DB traits and film.
Awesome! Thank you. We really appreciate it. I will reach out to Mr. Van Dyke.

Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of the Hurricanes football program and I'm new to this board. I've always watched from a distance supporting the program.

For the past 5 years I've lived in Indonesia studying their Traditional Medicine called "Jamu". I'm a health professional specializing specifically in Holistic and Alternative Medicine.

I recently returned home to find out how ****** the DB recruiting has been and how the position group is struggling currently. I'd like to speak to you guys about my son Caleb. He's a legitimate 6'2 and he currently weighs 185 pounds. We lived in Washington, but my wife moved to Oregon so he can receive better coaching. Both his mother and I are Auburn Alums.

I played basketball at Auburn. I'm 6'8 and his mother is 5'10. Caleb may be still growing. At his size, he flips his hips like a DB that's 5'10. He's a quite kid and grew as an only child, but believe me he's a dog on the field.

His new head coach is Portland Trailblazers Damian Lillard brother Houston Lillard. His old DB coach and his new coach who played in the NFL said he has the size and skill set to play in the league and can definitely play at a P5 program.

We don't think the coaching staff at Auburn is going to be around much longer, so we don't think he's a good fit for Auburns DB coach Al Pogue.

Caleb's mother dropped the ball on getting him into camps and getting him noticed by the top recruiting outlets. His film is limited, but I've posted what we have so far. He's a senior this year and he's 17 years old. His shuttle recently was a 4.3. He can really put them up and down.

Since I'm back, we'll be working on recording his workouts and creating more film for him. Unfortunately, he's part of this Pandemic class. What do you guys think of his film and how do we get it to the coaching staff?

As you guys know, we need DB's after Burns de-committed. My son can play at Miami and with a offer from the "U" he would commit and stick. As his pops and having gone through the process of recruiting myself, he won't be de-committing that's for **** sure.

I can handle constructive criticism of my son. I'm not a thin skinned parent, so give it to me straight fellas.

Larry Scott -DB Coach 2019/20 - Larrykscottiii@gmail.com

Houston Lillard - Head Coach 2020/2021

This seems odd to me, you come to a fan site for advice for your son. Can't the ex NFL guy/coach put you in to contact with the right people?

Advertisement
Jefferson is a good program. Loaded. I am really excited to see how Fair improves this year. He is a highly rated DT QB but still a little raw.

I work for XOS, and I’m actually the head scout for the PNW. I am actually sending your sons profile out to our clients tomorrow as part of our Spotlight emails (guys who we like but aren’t getting the love that we think that they should).

dm if you have any other questions.

Thank you. Yes he said he did a whole SPARQ Test. I wouldn't waste anyone's time. I've been away from him for 5 years. I can honestly say he's a better DB than Ivey is right now. His technique is better and he's faster. He's just not as strong. Also, as a junior he averaged 25.6 yards a catch. Who's the personal guy I should reach out to regarding my son? I'm also more than willing to fly him down to be evaluated by the staff.

Advertisement
Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of the Hurricanes football program and I'm new to this board. I've always watched from a distance supporting the program.

For the past 5 years I've lived in Indonesia studying their Traditional Medicine called "Jamu". I'm a health professional specializing specifically in Holistic and Alternative Medicine.

I recently returned home to find out how ****** the DB recruiting has been and how the position group is struggling currently. I'd like to speak to you guys about my son Caleb. He's a legitimate 6'2 and he currently weighs 185 pounds. We lived in Washington, but my wife moved to Oregon so he can receive better coaching. Both his mother and I are Auburn Alums.

I played basketball at Auburn. I'm 6'8 and his mother is 5'10. Caleb may be still growing. At his size, he flips his hips like a DB that's 5'10. He's a quite kid and grew as an only child, but believe me he's a dog on the field.

His new head coach is Portland Trailblazers Damian Lillard brother Houston Lillard. His old DB coach and his new coach who played in the NFL said he has the size and skill set to play in the league and can definitely play at a P5 program.

We don't think the coaching staff at Auburn is going to be around much longer, so we don't think he's a good fit for Auburns DB coach Al Pogue.

Caleb's mother dropped the ball on getting him into camps and getting him noticed by the top recruiting outlets. His film is limited, but I've posted what we have so far. He's a senior this year and he's 17 years old. His shuttle recently was a 4.3. He can really put them up and down.

Since I'm back, we'll be working on recording his workouts and creating more film for him. Unfortunately, he's part of this Pandemic class. What do you guys think of his film and how do we get it to the coaching staff?

As you guys know, we need DB's after Burns de-committed. My son can play at Miami and with a offer from the "U" he would commit and stick. As his pops and having gone through the process of recruiting myself, he won't be de-committing that's for **** sure.

I can handle constructive criticism of my son. I'm not a thin skinned parent, so give it to me straight fellas.

Larry Scott -DB Coach 2019/20 - Larrykscottiii@gmail.com

Houston Lillard - Head Coach 2020/2021

Legit D1 ATH imho...unfortunately with the pandemic and kids staying an extra year...lots of talented kids are caught in a numbers game.

If Houston Lilliard can't get him D1/P5 then no one can...trust me on this. His connections are like connections I have for my 7on7 team.

If he doesn't get to sign D1/P5 this year and if that's a goal then his best bet would be to attend a major Juco and go P5 from there...P5 schools LOVE Juco DB's with his size. He would likely spend a semester/year at the Juco IF he handles business on the field/classroom.

I had a kid with his size go D1 from Last Chance U to Colorado last year. In high school, he attended 3 different ones and had family issues...

Imho his film at DB needs more picks, more plays showing his technique such as weaving/leverage step, his range, route recognition and breaking on the ball downhill.

Last edited:
One of my former players works out with Houston Lillard and there facility. I’m surprised he doesn’t have any offers. He’s without a doubt a FBS kid. He can get out of his breaks surprisingly well. I just checked some of his Twitter clips

I saw he ran a 4.63, 4.8, and 4.9 40 and a 4.45/4.25 shuttle. Those numbers are by wide margin so it’s tough to tell what’s accurate. He doesn’t have to run no 4.5 to be a real good football player don’t let this posters fool you. At his size/length a legitimate 4.7 would be real good for him coming out.

Advertisement
Legit D1 ATH imho...unfortunately with the pandemic and kids staying an extra year...lots of talented kids are caught in a numbers game.

If Houston Lilliard can't get him D1/P5 then no one can...trust me on this. His connections are like connections I have for my 7on7 team.

If he doesn't get to sign D1/P5 this year and if that's a goal then his best bet would be to attend a major Juco and go P5 from there...P5 schools LOVE DB's with his size and range. He would likely spend a semester/year at the Juco IF he handles business on the field/classroom.

I had a kid with his size go D1 from Last Chance U to Colorado last year. In high school, he attended 3 different ones and had family issues...

Imho his film at DB needs more picks, more plays showing his technique such as weaving/leverage step, route recognition and breaking on the ball downhill.
Juco or Prep could be the route. Img has a straight PG program now. But for sure when I was at a juco in LA D1 coaches came for DBs more than anything. Just depends if they’re willing to start the clock on eligibility

One of my former players works out with Houston Lillard and there facility. I’m surprised he doesn’t have any offers. He’s without a doubt a FBS kid. He can get out of his breaks surprisingly well. I just checked some of his Twitter clips

I saw he ran a 4.63, 4.8, and 4.9 40 and a 4.45/4.25 shuttle. Those numbers are by wide margin so it’s tough to tell what’s accurate. He doesn’t have to run no 4.5 to be a real good football player don’t let this posters fool you. At his size/length a legitimate 4.7 would be real good for him coming out.
That's awesome that you're familiar. Thank you for your honest assessment. He's running a legit 4.5 now laser. At the Opening in Springfield he had the best L cone time and the 2nd best shuttle out of all the kids there. I appreciate you educating me. I'm not thin skinned. I posted because I wanted to know what guys thought of him.

I suggest that you call D. VanDyke and tell him your son’s story and interest in the Canes.
I sent a link of this thread to a friend who provides scouting services o Miami and other power 5 schools. Good Luck you and your son.

Advertisement
Back