NEW TO THE SITE

Advertisement
Have you reached out to Randy Shannon, current DC at UCF? Good program, good school and he has an affinity for taller DBs. Good luck.

Good luck man...Will be pulling for him

I think he needs to work on strength/speed but you said he already has from that sophomore tape. But I don't think you exaggerated at all when you said pretty good hips for a tall kid. He's very fluid and natural switching directions for a big kid. Like others on here I'd lean to WR over DB...but that's just my unofficial eye off that tape. I think he can play somewhere.

I would recommend trying to get some sort of up close footage of him. I used to work in the recruiting business and for DB's in particular 1 on 1 stuff is really valuable against good comp, as is up close 3 cone, shuttle, vert, etc. You can easily offer a DB without solid game tape given some other quality film highlighting athleticism and size.

These are some videos I did back in the day. These were well received to say the least.

I would recommend trying to get some sort of up close footage of him. I used to work in the recruiting business and for DB's in particular 1 on 1 stuff is really valuable against good comp, as is up close 3 cone, shuttle, vert, etc. You can easily offer a DB without solid game tape given some other quality film highlighting athleticism and size.

These are some videos I did back in the day. These were well received to say the least.

MAN! That Coley/Howard/Bush/Duke video was a recruiting board CLASSIC! Dam Aj Legget is a blast from the past name too.. That vid is dam near 10 years old?! sigh..

Advertisement
@HOLISTIC CANE Sorry to threadjack a bit but your post reminded me of the delicious rijstaffels of my earlier days, when I spent quite a bit of time in Curacao and Sumatra. Good luck with your son.

Advertisement
CIS is truly the weirdest site I know of. Only here can you simultaneously get to meet the dumbest people on Earth, but also come across awesome threads like this.

Please keep us updated with your son’s journey if at all possible!

Thank you. We really appreciate it. He showed me his card from the Event. They list him at 6'2 1/2, 178 (185 now), hand size 9", wingspan 73.5in, broad jump was 9'3, 4.63 40 (recently timed 4.54 laser), power ball was 33, 20 yard shuttle was 4.25, L cone drill 7.25/ 6.98
Just based on these measurables alone I'd think he's a potential P5 kid. Obviously he has great size for WR or CB. That's also a **** good 40 and shuttle at his size and age.

Reach out to the contacts provided in this thread and DM the coaches and support staff on Twitter and other social media. Hope it works out for you and your son!

Welcome to the board sir. Congrats on your son. Best of luck to you and your family. We will be rooting for you and your son.

Quick question, not saying he is not worth a scholarship but would you guys consider coming in as a PWO ? Especially knowing our situation with our db recruiting.

Advertisement
It’s not often we get to experience the recruiting experience up close and personal. Thanks for sharing your experience @HOLISTIC CANE and best of luck to your son and your family.

Advertisement
Welcome to the board sir. Congrats on your son. Best of luck to you and your family. We will be rooting for you and your son.

Quick question, not saying he is not worth a scholarship but would you guys consider coming in as a PWO ? Especially knowing our situation with our db recruiting.
Thank you. We really appreciate it. To answer your question, yes absolutely.

Just based on these measurables alone I'd think he's a potential P5 kid. Obviously he has great size for WR or CB. That's also a **** good 40 and shuttle at his size and age.

Reach out to the contacts provided in this thread and DM the coaches and support staff on Twitter and other social media. Hope it works out for you and your son!
Thank you. We appreciate it. Yes we will absolutely reach out. We've been on a mini vacation, but we reached out to a few people already.

CIS is truly the weirdest site I know of. Only here can you simultaneously get to meet the dumbest people on Earth, but also come across awesome threads like this.

Please keep us updated with your son’s journey if at all possible!
Thank you. Yes it's been quite the journey, but I think we're still writing the story. I'm happy to be back in the US with my wife and son. They've been patient while I study Holistic Medicine and Alternatives abroad.

Advertisement
Back