NEW TO THE SITE

HOLISTIC CANE

"All Disease Begins in The Gut." - Hippocrates
Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of the Hurricanes football program and I'm new to this board. I've always watched from a distance supporting the program.

For the past 5 years I've lived in Indonesia studying their Traditional Medicine called "Jamu". I'm a health professional specializing specifically in Holistic and Alternative Medicine.

I recently returned home to find out how ****** the DB recruiting has been and how the position group is struggling currently. I'd like to speak to you guys about my son Caleb. He's a legitimate 6'2 and he currently weighs 185 pounds. We lived in Washington, but my wife moved to Oregon so he can receive better coaching. Both his mother and I are Auburn Alums.

I played basketball at Auburn. I'm 6'8 and his mother is 5'10. Caleb may be still growing. At his size, he flips his hips like a DB that's 5'10. He's a quite kid and grew as an only child, but believe me he's a dog on the field.

His new head coach is Portland Trailblazers Damian Lillard brother Houston Lillard. His old DB coach and his new coach who played in the NFL said he has the size and skill set to play in the league and can definitely play at a P5 program.

We don't think the coaching staff at Auburn is going to be around much longer, so we don't think he's a good fit for Auburns DB coach Al Pogue.

Caleb's mother dropped the ball on getting him into camps and getting him noticed by the top recruiting outlets. His film is limited, but I've posted what we have so far. He's a senior this year and he's 17 years old. His shuttle recently was a 4.3. He can really put them up and down.

Since I'm back, we'll be working on recording his workouts and creating more film for him. Unfortunately, he's part of this Pandemic class. What do you guys think of his film and how do we get it to the coaching staff?

As you guys know, we need DB's after Burns de-committed. My son can play at Miami and with a offer from the "U" he would commit and stick. As his pops and having gone through the process of recruiting myself, he won't be de-committing that's for **** sure.

I can handle constructive criticism of my son. I'm not a thin skinned parent, so give it to me straight fellas.

Larry Scott -DB Coach 2019/20 - Larrykscottiii@gmail.com

Houston Lillard - Head Coach 2020/2021

Advertisement
Hi guys,

I'm a long time fan of the Hurricanes football program and I'm new to this board. I've always watched from a distance supporting the program.

For the past 5 years I've lived in Indonesia studying their Traditional Medicine called "Jamu". I'm a health professional specializing specifically in Holistic and Alternative Medicine.

I recently returned home to find out how ****** the DB recruiting has been and how the position group is struggling currently. I'd like to speak to you guys about my son Caleb. He's a legitimate 6'2 and he currently weighs 185 pounds. We lived in Washington, but my wife moved to Oregon so he can receive better coaching. Both his mother and I are Auburn Alums.

I played basketball at Auburn. I'm 6'8 and his mother is 5'10. Caleb may be still growing. At his size, he flips his hips like a DB that's 5'10. He's a quite kid and grew as an only child, but believe me he's a dog on the field.

His new head coach is Portland Trailblazers Damian Lillard brother Houston Lillard. His old DB coach and his new coach who played in the NFL said he has the size and skill set to play in the league and can definitely play at a P5 program.

We don't think the coaching staff at Auburn is going to be around much longer, so we don't think he's a good fit for Auburns DB coach Al Pogue.

Caleb's mother dropped the ball on getting him into camps and getting him noticed by the top recruiting outlets. His film is limited, but I've posted what we have so far. He's a senior this year and he's 17 years old. His shuttle recently was a 4.3. He can really put them up and down.

Since I'm back, we'll be working on recording his workouts and creating more film for him. Unfortunately, he's part of this Pandemic class. What do you guys think of his film and how do we get it to the coaching staff?

As you guys know, we need DB's after Burns de-committed. My son can play at Miami and with a offer from the "U" he would commit and stick. As his pops and having gone through the process of recruiting myself, he won't be de-committing that's for **** sure.

I can handle constructive criticism of my son. I'm not a thin skinned parent, so give it to me straight fellas.

Larry Scott -DB Coach 2019/20 - Larrykscottiii@gmail.com

Houston Lillard - Head Coach 2020/2021

ONLY found on CIS in a single post.

Indonesia + alternative medicine + defensive back film evaluation.

LOVE IT.

Where were you in Indonesia??

Looks like a solid athlete. Based on what you wrote and in looking at him my guess is that he would be a better fit at S/Striker or WR.

I’d say he doesn’t look like he is turning to find the ball when he is at CB, but then again he would fit perfectly with Blades and Ivey.

Best of luck. War Eagle.

Advertisement
Definitely has talent at that length. For me, it’s tough to evaluate corners against that kind of competition without camp footage.

I saw he had an 11.66 100M. Not terrible at 6’2 but faster would catch more eyes. Do you have a current 40 time? I know some people are recording their 40s and sending them to coaches.

suspicious trailer park boys GIF

Advertisement
Looks like a solid athlete. Based on what you wrote and in looking at him my guess is that he would be a better fit at S/Striker or WR.

I’d say he doesn’t look like he is turning to find the ball when he is at CB, but then again he would fit perfectly with Blades and Ivey.

Best of luck. War Eagle.
Difference is, some dudes know what to do when the ball is arriving by not turning their heads. Thus being in position to knock the ball away by reading the WR's eyes and movements. He seems to do that well. ****, I've seen CBs get their heads turned around, only to look the wrong **** way or not see the ball anyway. I know the head turning thing is a hot topic right now, but it wouldn't be if our corners could recognize ball placement by what the WR is doing. For whatever reason, our guys just appear to be running, hoping to keep up.

Definitely has talent at that length. For me, it’s tough to evaluate corners against that kind of competition without camp footage.

I saw he had an 11.66 100M. Not terrible at 6’2 but faster would catch more eyes. Do you have a current 40 time? I know some people are recording their 40s and sending them to coaches.
Yes I understand. That 100m time was from the beginning of his sophomore year. 3 weeks ago he participated in The Opening in Springfield, Oregon and his laser time was a 4.5. He's much stronger and faster. He was suppose to run track this year, but do to Covid he obviously can't. His technique is much much better compared to his sophomore year. His hips aren't as stiff.

Yes I understand. That 100m time was from the beginning of his sophomore year. 3 weeks ago he participated in The Opening in Springfield, Oregon and his laser time was a 4.5. He's much stronger and faster. He was suppose to run track this year, but do to Covid he obviously can't. His technique is much much better compared to his sophomore year. His hips aren't as stiff.

That’s flying. Did he do the whole SPARQ test? I know there is a private database that coaches can access. The name is blanking but I’ll find out. Those athletic numbers will catch attention. You might be better off sending directly to a school’s personnel guy as opposed to a coach.

Best of luck. War Eagle.
Thank you and War Eagle. That film is from his sophomore year. We moved from Washington to Oregon so he can get better coaching. We think he's getting that now with coach Lillard. His technique is like night and day. We are willing to bring him down to Miami to be evaluated.

Advertisement
That’s flying. Did he do the whole SPARQ test? I know there is a private database that coaches can access. The name is blanking but I’ll find out. Those athletic numbers will catch attention. You might be better off sending directly to a school’s personnel guy as opposed to a coach.
Anything in the 4.5 range will turn heads at 6'2" and growing.

Difference is, some dudes know what to do when the ball is arriving by not turning their heads. Thus being in position to knock the ball away by reading the WR's eyes and movements. He seems to do that well. ****, I've seen CBs get their heads turned around, only to look the wrong **** way or not see the ball anyway. I know the head turning thing is a hot topic right now, but it wouldn't be if our corners could recognize ball placement by what the WR is doing. For whatever reason, our guys just appear to be running, hoping to keep up.

This is a valid point to make. Some WRs do disguise their movements and wait as long as possible to break towards the ball or extend their hands. You can see it a couple of times in the NC State game, particularly the longer reception against Blades.

Having said that, we need to teach chess moves of our own, our guys need to do a better job of anticipating and reading the moves of the WRs.

Advertisement
Thank you. Yes he said he did a whole SPARQ Test. I wouldn't waste anyone's time. I've been away from him for 5 years. I can honestly say he's a better DB than Ivey is right now. His technique is better and he's faster. He's just not as strong. Also, as a junior he averaged 25.6 yards a catch. Who's the personal guy I should reach out to regarding my son? I'm also more than willing to fly him down to be evaluated by the staff.

Why all of sudden.? Don't want to be disrespectful. Benefit of the doubt.
Well I've been away from my son for 5 years. I returned to the United States two days ago. So to see how much my son has grown and progressed I just feel like he can compete and excel at Miami. I grew up in Florida. I went to Auburn, so I've been around and seen 5* talent. My son is a dog. That's what Miami needs.

@Liberty City El and @Tee3000 can give honest knowledgeable opinions. Good luck as well. Wishing you guys success.

Thank you and War Eagle. That film is from his sophomore year. We moved from Washington to Oregon so he can get better coaching. We think he's getting that now with coach Lillard. His technique is like night and day. We are willing to bring him down to Miami to be evaluated.

I do not want to confuse the issue, but there MIGHT be a limitation on in-person physical evaluations during this dead recruiting period. You may still be able to visit, but you may not be able to do some of the "normal" activities.

You may want to have all of the video and statistical data saved to a thumb drive that can be handed to a coach or staffer.

Just some basic info. I do know that Dade County has one of the stricter sets of rules in Florida regarding Covid restrictions. I live near Orlando and went down for the Miami-F$U game, and there was a curfew in Dade at the time. Having said that, I did take my family on a walking tour of the campus, so you might want to consider that. I have no idea what the restrictions might be in the Athletic Department areas (i.e., maybe you are allowed to visit the Administrative areas of the Hecht Athletic Center, but they might have limits on some of the practice areas). You would probably want to call ahead and see if any arrangements can be made in advance. We have no more bye weeks, but I would imagine that the coaches would be available after the North Carolina game, if the ACC-CG is Clemson vs. Notre Dame.

A couple of thoughts for you, if traveling to Miami. The campus is very small and compact, it is easy to see and easy to walk around in just a couple of hours. Outside of the Hecht Athletic Center, you should take a look at the new dormitory on Lake Osceola and the new Student Center. I think the academic areas are going to be harder to tour, with as many online classes as they are having right now.

Advertisement
Back