NEW TO THE SITE

Advertisement
I suggest that you call D. VanDyke and tell him your son’s story and interest in the Canes.
I sent a link of this thread to a friend who provides scouting services o Miami and other power 5 schools. Good Luck you and your son.
Thank you. You guys have been great. We really appreciate it. We've been away on a mini vacation. I've been away from my wife and son for 5 years. I definitely plan to phone Mr. Van Dyke first thing Monday morning.

GIT LOOKS LIKE HE WANNA PLAY WR MORE THAN CB.... AND HE LOOK MORE NATURAL AT WR.
Yes we've been hearing that quite a bit. That was his sophomore tape. That year he averaged 26.5 yards per catch that year. He's much more aggressive as a Db now that he's older, stronger, faster and have better technique.

I agree, playing WR comes natural for him.

Have you reached out to Randy Shannon, current DC at UCF? Good program, good school and he has an affinity for taller DBs. Good luck.
No we haven't. I remember Randy Shannon. I've been away from my family for a while. I had no idea he was coaching at UCF. Thank you we appreciate the help we've received from Canesinsight. We're very much appreciative.

Good luck man...Will be pulling for him

I think he needs to work on strength/speed but you said he already has from that sophomore tape. But I don't think you exaggerated at all when you said pretty good hips for a tall kid. He's very fluid and natural switching directions for a big kid. Like others on here I'd lean to WR over DB...but that's just my unofficial eye off that tape. I think he can play somewhere.
Thank you. We appreciate the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism.

Advertisement
I would recommend trying to get some sort of up close footage of him. I used to work in the recruiting business and for DB's in particular 1 on 1 stuff is really valuable against good comp, as is up close 3 cone, shuttle, vert, etc. You can easily offer a DB without solid game tape given some other quality film highlighting athleticism and size.

These are some videos I did back in the day. These were well received to say the least.

This is excellent advice. Thank you so much. He has a couple 4* star receivers on his team that are committed to Oregon and Oregon State. We are working on getting video of him working out with some of the top receivers in the area.

Awesome awesome videos. Thanks again.

You know our DB recruiting is on life support when an SEC alum parent came back all the way from Indonesia to try and help out..
Lol too funny. We are huge Miami fans, so anything I or my son can do to help. I have fermented recovery beverages that I've formulated for highschool, college and professional athletes. When I'm all set to go, I plan to offer my products in the community and to the Hurricanes athletic department.

@HOLISTIC CANE Sorry to threadjack a bit but your post reminded me of the delicious rijstaffels of my earlier days, when I spent quite a bit of time in Curacao and Sumatra. Good luck with your son.
No problem. I've vacationed in Curacao when I was a younger fella living in Spain. Fond fond memories. Thank you. We appreciate all of the positive feedback and encouraging words we've received on this site.

Advertisement
Back