New Stadium

Advertisement
Question for those in the know; how much is our lease w HRS and do we make money off the parking, concession stands, tickets....or does that go to Ross?

Why is there this false narrative that the OB was packed to the brim week after week?

I never understand that either. The OB was dead more often than not, unless it was a big game. I actually think our attendance at Hard Rock for your typical conference game has been a shade better than that at the OB. I remember some of those games against Rutgers and Temple.....

Advertisement
I never understand that either. The OB was dead more often than not, unless it was a big game. I actually think our attendance at Hard Rock for your typical conference game has been a shade better than that at the OB. I remember some of those games against Rutgers and Temple.....

Attendance improved once CMR arrived and the Roof was installed. Prior to that, attendance at SLS was an embarrassment. Name one stadium that isn’t dead vs. Temple or Rutgers?

Advertisement
Don't forget about another 2 billion for highway access and road expansions and improvements.

Some of you morons try going to a Saturday afternoon baseball or basketball game on campus.

Or an early evening weekday game.

About half of you would give up about halfway down US1 and turnaround and go home. The other half would vow never to go again.

Forget the fact that Coral Gables wouldn’t allow it, and there’s no room anyway on campus. The billions of dollars it would cost for highway expansion and road improvements - where would it come from?

There should be a rule...next person that starts a thread on a new on campus or Tropical Park stadium...grounds for automatic lifetime ban.

If I am reading the original post correctly, the stadium would cost Billions of dollars and be used for Football only. Just where is this kind of money coming from? UM had to beg for a lot less money just to build the indoor facility. OC is absolutely correct Sir in his reply. Since this facility might very well be considered to have a Regional Impact, there would have to be studies and approvals by the City, State and Federal governments. I can also see a number of lawsuits arising out of this idea. Even if this idea could somehow get approved and built, a lot of the posters on this site will be dead and gone.

The Marlin's stadium can't and won't ever be a full use football facility. Watch the FIU game coming up and you'll see what I mean. It looks like an arena league game.

Well, I'd change that. Only sell season tickets for anywhere BUT the upper end zones, and open that up maybe twice a year.

This has been discussed so many times over the years. They used to do precisely that, but due to reconfiguration/renovations and rising season ticket sales, it just isn't an option anymore, and honestly, it isn't needed. The atmosphere is great.

Advertisement
It is only brought up by stooges on this board that have never been to campus.
Haha, why don't you give it a rest once in a while, you don't have to be a prick every second of your life. I would much rather field a well intention question then have to put up with all the posts from our new "cane fans" with names such as super duper cane, tatesdutyhole, and sebsatianbird who are just here to start ****.

The fact that Miami is one of only two G5 teams without their own stadium is sad.

It hurts our recruiting for sure. You don’t get a true college experience if you play for the U.

The fact that our admin has our “fans” so beaten down that our own fans shoot down the stadium idea without the administration even having to respond to it is even more sad.

You can really tell that people in Miami have roots in communist countries where you don’t question authority. Very sad imo.

Haha, why don't you give it a rest once in a while, you don't have to be a prick every second of your life. I would much rather field a well intention question then have to put up with all the posts from our new "cane fans" with names such as super duper cane, tatesdutyhole, and sebsatianbird who are just here to start ****.
Or by a troll that just wants to point out that we don't play in an on campus stadium. I haven't heard any "influential past players" mention an on campus stadium lately. BS.

Advertisement
The fact that Miami is one of only two G5 teams without their own stadium is sad.

It hurts our recruiting for sure. You don’t get a true college experience if you play for the U.

The fact that our admin has our “fans” so beaten down that our own fans shoot down the stadium idea without the administration even having to respond to it is even more sad.

You can really tell that people in Miami have roots in communist countries where you don’t question authority. Very sad imo.
First, we're P5. Second, I'm sure recruits are discouraged by having to play in an NFL stadium that's hosting the next Super Bowl. To suggest that a stadium with bleachers is in any way superior to a full stadium with all the amenities is beyond asinine.

Also, we're one of 5 teams that play in an NFL stadium.

https://m.herosports.com/college-fo...miami-pitt-san-diego-state-south-florida-aiai

Advertisement
Back