New Stadium

Advertisement
It's both. The city of Coral Gables has not allowed the university to either expand campus or build an off-campus stadium for as long as I've been alive. Even if we did have an on-campus stadium, there's no way to get people in and out of there with the way that area is constructed. Traffic is already a nightmare around 5pm, I couldn't even imagine what it would be like after a game.

Hard Rock is our best bet right now. Compete and fans will have that place packed every week.
An on campus stadium will never happen and as a resident of the City I wouldn't want it either. I am sure the board members that live in the Gables would also be opposed to it.

I see this pop up from time to time, where certain influential past players talk about having an on campus stadium or converting Tropical Park. I don't live there so it is hard to know what is really a possibility. Do we really have no room for a stadium on campus? Is Tropical Park a possibility?
Oh God..... not this **** again :diaf:

Advertisement
Tropical Park is a ****hole. A brand new 50k seat stadium right in the middle of that wasted land would be the culmination of my being. Under 10 minutes from campus. Easily accessible right off the 826. Plenty of parking. They could even make the team bus traveling to the stadium like a parade down Miller Dr with fans on either side cheering them on as they drive by. About to fap just thinking about it.

Anyone know when our lease at HR runs out?

When it’s up, the owners could play hardball with us and really jack up our rent now that we have no backup options (when we signed the original lease we at least had the threat of staying in the OB)

Advertisement
I really liked what Coach Richt said when he first took the Miami job. It was something to the effect of:
"We don't have to play in an NFL stadium, we GET to play in an NFL stadium."

It's all in how you look at it.

I miss the Orange Bowl, that place was pure magic, it was indescribable.
There wasn't any place like it, and there never will be. It was Miami Hurricanes football.

But hard to imagine many of today's recruits being impressed with it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You can’t change that. Baseball fields are wide while football fields are narrow. If the venue host both then the football experience will suck
Not like it matters but if the Marlins weren’t there could it be reconfigured?

Advertisement
Back