New Stadium

What the **** is wrong with our stadium? That it's in Miami Gardens? Stop complaining, this stadium host Superbowls, has seats with back support, holds 65k, decent food, enough parking, and much more that a ****** stadium in tropical park can't do.

Where in my post did you see me complaining? I was asking a question.

Advertisement
I just wanted to ask a simple question for those that live in Miami and know the area. Did not have any clue how vitriolic this post would get. My opinion, for what it's worth (that and a quarter gets you cup of joe) boot the **** Marlins and take back our land, re-configure that stadium for the U.

Take your quarter and buy a cup in Gainesville or wherever your fan base is located. Stop with the nonsense.

I just wanted to ask a simple question for those that live in Miami and know the area. Did not have any clue how vitriolic this post would get. My opinion, for what it's worth (that and a quarter gets you cup of joe) boot the **** Marlins and take back our land, re-configure that stadium for the U.

you cant boot a team from their own stadium lol. no one is reconfiguring marlins park esp not miami dade county.

This is another thing that has been discussed endlessly. Part of the issue many have with Marlins Park is that it was designed and engineered specifically for baseball, therefore if the Marlins decided to leave South Florida, reconfiguring the stadium for something like football or soccer is nearly impossible.

If you reconfigure it and change the orientation of the seats, you run up against the same problem and he had with the old Joe Robbie configuration which is that fans are too far from the field. I'm sure you are aware of how much Stephen Ross had to spend to correct and modernize what is now Hard Rock. It would result in essentially paying for the stadium twice. That's not going to happen.

There also is insufficient room in what is now the outfield to go more vertical with the seating.

It's just enough of this topic.

And for what it's worth, with all the talk of the environment being sterile you just had a top-five recruit in town for the Louisville game who referred to the environment as electric.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back